***Official September 2022 Thread***

I bet Epcot is higher on Labor Day because that’s a MNSSH night and MK is closing early. Most people without a park hopper won’t want to do MK. We were originally planning Epcot that day, but we decided to do the party that night and changed to AK instead because I know we can finish that park early.

We have stuff set aside for our trip nothing packed though. I have one more Amazon list to buy and then we are set. I also would like to figure out what we are going to wear for our MNSSHP night. We are thinking maybe Joy and Anger tee-shirts? We are not huge costume people.

Oh, and I always have a tradition that we buy new socks for the trip. It has been a "thing" for awhile now and then we purge the old ones as we pack.

We have to pay in full soon too…. While it ,eans our trip is closer it’s also parting with a lot of money. Haha

we didn’t book very many sit down meals… SciFi, TeppanEdo and Yak and Yeti… mostly to be able to sit in air conditioning for a while. Haha

Im very excited for food and wine!
I’ve watched just about every Genie + you tube video so I feel pretty confident I’ll be able to keep my family moving through the parks.

Now I’m working on outfits and shoes.. shoes are also tough for me so wish me luck! So far I have a pair of Hokas, Crocs, Aebo sandals with metatarsAl support, and I just ordered a pair of Dansko sandals. Lol
I just paid :flower1:. Started on a list of "do not forget" items. Also started thinking about what snacks to bring that don't melt and are easy to grab and go. This will cut down on some spending. We booked Scifi, Crystal Palace and a Toppolino's breakfast. We have a little one so wanted some Character meals. Shoes are Sketchers Go Walk. I have three pairs and they are the most comfortable sandals I've ever had. I also have a dress up pair of leather sandals, don't know the brand but they are comfy. I have lots of summer dresses and will bring one pair of pants with T's. I'm feeling excited!:dogdance:

Officially down to three weeks! Suitcases are set up in the guest room and have some things collected there (our MNSSHP shirts, gift cards, etc.), but nothing is formally packed. I'll probably start that next week.
My suitcase is out with some things inside. I have a list started which I always use to make sure I don't forget anything. Plane tickets bought with Jet Blue out of Boston. We booked one way's and got $ 118 and $ 109, and are really happy with that!:love:

No packing yet, but we do t pack until the day before and so we have about 6 weeks.

Ordered MB+ solid colors on last month and not shipped but we have time.

Ordered several dresses for the trip. I like dresses and I LOVE my old navy jumpsuits.
I bring 1 pairs of tennis shoes and 2 sandals. I have to have arch support because my arch is so high and foot is narrow. Hubs says I have “Barbie” feet - and it is difficult to find shoes with enough support without adding inserts.

I am ready for this trip! Yes, we have been many times since reopening and our most recent trip was May but we need a break. This trip is just DH and I ( well our adult daughter and her partner will be there but in their own room) and he has never stayed at BWVs.

Happy planning all!

We have about 4 weeks and a couple of days to go and we probably aren’t going to pack until the day before because we’re only going for a singular day. We’re probably only going to be taking carry-one with us for the plane so it’s not gonna be that much. Some of us also got our shirts from Etsy for MNSSHP and for our only park day, Epcot, so that cute down on what we need to think about bringing!

I'm loving all this packing talk!

I'm a solo traveler so things are a different for me. For my September WDW trips I take the RedEye out of Los Angeles because I like getting into MCO early in the morning and having my first day as a full park day.

I work Labor Day and pack when I get home at around 6PM. Then leave the apartment about 8:30 for a 20 minute walk to the subway, a 10 minute ride to downtown where I catch a bus to LAX arriving about 9:30 for boarding at 11:00

I haven’t started packing yet but I’m starting lists for a Target run and Amazon order. Surprising my kids - 8 and 10 - with MNSSHP tickets so trying to think of easy Halloween costumes I can put together with stuff we already own. We live in New England so Halloween is usually cold but not at MNSSHP. Can’t wait to drop the surprise on them when we go. 10 went to a party 5 years ago and he still talks about it! He will be so excited! Eek!

I'm poking around in MDE today because it's the first 8am open party day of the schedule. Despite MK being sold out of park reservations today, they're 1:00 into regular park operation and JC is at 20 mins, Space 10, 7D 30, Splash and BTMRR 15, Peter Pan 30. So, it would certainly appear that MK is still a ghost town on the morning of party days, even in 2022. I look forward to first hand accounts to confirm!

Last edited:
I'm poking around in MDE today because it's the first 8am open party day of the schedule. Despite MK being sold out of park reservations today, they're 1:55 into regular park operation and JC is at 20 mins, Space 10, 7D 30, Splash and BTMRR 15, Peter Pan 30. So, it would certainly appear that MK is still a ghost town on the morning of party days, even in 2022. I look forward to first hand accounts to confirm!
And it's still summer for many schools! This bodes potentially well for September, thanks for checking and posting.

I had preordered a couple of matching shirts for our trip so I did gather those together last night. I figured out what days we would wear them. This morning I finished figuring out what I plan to wear each day. So I think I’ve officially started packing. I have a work trip the same week we leave for Disney. So I literally am gone 3 days, and back less than 24 hours before we leave again, so I have to have both trips packed a week before our trip.
I’m really anxious to see pictures of party exclusive merchandise! I collect the novelty popcorn buckets and there is supposed to be a Zero one. I was there in 2017 when they had a Zero and I decided to hold off until the end of the night because I didn’t want to carry it all day. By the time we were ready to get it, all the popcorn places had closed and I missed out.
I’ve been watching wait times for a couple weeks now. Even with the heavier crowds in July, the wait times have been pretty low first thing in the morning. We are usually stay until the end of the day people, so it’s rare for us to make rope drop, but we might a couple days, almost definitely on our AK day because it’s the party night and we’d like to be done with enough time to rest pre party.
I just checked at 9:45 and was suprised to see hardly anything with more than an hour wait despite several big rides down in DHS this morning. Avatar was 2 hours, but most everything else was 45 minutes or less.

Last edited:
I’m really anxious to see pictures of party exclusive merchandise! I collect the novelty popcorn buckets and there is supposed to be a Zero one.
I'm looking forward to this too and to following along with the live coverage of the first party tonight! I think there's one popcorn bucket for this year's party that isn't coming out until closer to October if I remember correctly... can't remember if it's the Zero one though. I hope you're able to get it!

I am so excited about this! Our last trip was September 2020 and we hated the short park hours. We are the type that are in the parks from opening to closing. We are dead at the end of a trip but wouldn't do it any other way.
Same!! (Nothing like needing a vacation from vacation 😉 )

This trip I'm traveling with my DD who doesn't have the stamina. I might be doing some solo evenings lol.

My teen OTOH is the energizer bunny!! That one keeps me young lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!