***Official September 2022 Thread***

Anyone start packing yet? I started today. I pulled out all my favorite Disney tanks and paired them with earrings. My go to for park wear is tennis skirts (with built in shorts) so I pulled all of those out too. I have a couple of new tennis skirts on the way from Amazon so I need to figure out a shirt for one of those. I also have an idea for matching shirts for DH and me. I could make them myself using vinyl but a friend offered to sublimate them for me. I put all of our old MBs in my fanny packs so I know they’re safe. Most of what goes in the park bag is already together. Admittedly, I never fully unpacked that bag from nearly 3 years ago until we had to fly for our family vacay a few weeks ago and we each took a carryon and backpack. 🙃 Other than those few clothes (and DH’s clothes), PJs, charging cables, my new MB+, fans/cooling towels, and toiletries, I’m just about packed!

Anyone know of any neutral colored ears I can buy somewhere? I’d rather they match almost everything instead of having a pair for each outfit.
Yes I have and now I feel so much more organized. My go to is my sundresses, fan, and cooling towel. I need to start packing my park bag too. My husband and I did our Amazon List last night - sunblock face stick, body glide, moleskin and the foot glide. My daughter bought some mickey ears from Etsy. One of the ones was neutral colored but specific to GF where we are staying. All of the ones she ordered have looked great. The excitement is building!

My trip is the last week of September... We ordered our MB+ the morning they were launched and they are still being processed.. My question is; Is Disney sending out MB+ orders first to those that are going soonest... i.e. those going in August or first of Sept.? And I'll get mine a couple of weeks before I leave??
What is everyone"s experience so far?
Kenny the Pirate reported that there is a supply shortage. I would hate to not have my order when we go. I'm bringing an older MB just in case.
Hello! I ordered my Magic Band+ at 4:45 PM yesterday and it shipped at 3 AM today. It's the basic black one.

Anyone start packing yet? I started today. I pulled out all my favorite Disney tanks and paired them with earrings. My go to for park wear is tennis skirts (with built in shorts) so I pulled all of those out too. I have a couple of new tennis skirts on the way from Amazon so I need to figure out a shirt for one of those. I also have an idea for matching shirts for DH and me. I could make them myself using vinyl but a friend offered to sublimate them for me. I put all of our old MBs in my fanny packs so I know they’re safe. Most of what goes in the park bag is already together. Admittedly, I never fully unpacked that bag from nearly 3 years ago until we had to fly for our family vacay a few weeks ago and we each took a carryon and backpack. 🙃 Other than those few clothes (and DH’s clothes), PJs, charging cables, my new MB+, fans/cooling towels, and toiletries, I’m just about packed!

Anyone know of any neutral colored ears I can buy somewhere? I’d rather they match almost everything instead of having a pair for each outfit.
I haven’t physically packed, but I’ve narrowed down mine and DH’s Disney clothes in my trip spreadsheet. I collect the Disney Dress Shop dresses and wear them to the park most days. DH has a lot of matching shirts. This weekend I’m going to tackle my sons’ laundry and start putting their Disney shirts aside.

Not "Packing" really, but I did start shopping and doing other prep things. I made sure my walking pharmacy was stocked and nothing was expired and went through toiletries. I'm breaking in two pairs of sneakers now. I bought a sunbrella and some cooling/moisture wicking clothes. And I ordered a shirt from Etsy and some Halloween Ears for the party. Not going to dress up in costume, but I can still be festive.

I have packing cubes with dates labeled for all of our Disney attire. It's a lot of new outfits for my girls that they aren't wearing before the trip because I'd like them to arrive stain-free, at least.

I've also started setting aside items that we won't use between now and the trip.

Does that count as starting to pack?

I half-packed clothes about a month ago, and have a backpack that is always pretty much packed for any weekend trip (hairbrush, phone charger, etc), so that makes it easier to just tuck in the magic bands and other Disney-specific stuffs.

Originally planned to wear a Halloween-themed t-shirt I wore back in 2019 to MNSSHP, but I bought a polka-dot dress (I'm calling it "inspired" by Minnie Mouse) with a Minnie-themed purse and I already have the black/red ears. This week I'll probably start doing my repack since I might want a couple of extra sets of clothes with more time in the parks since I'm in the process of converting my 1-day hopper to a longer one :stitch:

Since two weeks ago, I've also changed flights to add more time, which was a ripple effect for hotels and transportation, but gives more time for parks and eliminates a late night arrival to MCO and staying at the Hyatt.

It's not a Disney trip until everything is completely changed from where we started :rotfl2:

It's coming close everyone! Can't wait to hear about everyone's trips who are going end of this month/first week in Sept :earsboy:

We are also going last week of September, ordered our last the 1st day they became available and they should arrive at our house tomorrow.
Apparently, we ordered the two most popular bands... so looking for some pixie dust to get them on time.. I read that some people with near upcoming trips have gotten emails saying they will be able to pick them up at their resort when they get there.
Also, my CC has not been charged for the MB+s... I do have an order number from the confirmation email. I will keep tabs on my CC charges and wait and see. It's been 2 full weeks now.

Last edited:

Of course!!! I started packing when I paid in full a couple of weeks ago.. Then I bought some trail mix for snacking on in the morning because we rope drop every day. For me that mean we are committed to go more than the PIF or packing!! lol

1st trip back to WDW in 15 years to celebrate my husband and I 50th birthdays with our adult children, September 6-10. New to using MB, but ordered basic ones on 7/27 and order shows still in progress. Fingers crossed we receive them in time as we are on West Coast and the clock is ticking.

I half-packed clothes about a month ago, and have a backpack that is always pretty much packed for any weekend trip (hairbrush, phone charger, etc), so that makes it easier to just tuck in the magic bands and other Disney-specific stuffs.

Originally planned to wear a Halloween-themed t-shirt I wore back in 2019 to MNSSHP, but I bought a polka-dot dress (I'm calling it "inspired" by Minnie Mouse) with a Minnie-themed purse and I already have the black/red ears. This week I'll probably start doing my repack since I might want a couple of extra sets of clothes with more time in the parks since I'm in the process of converting my 1-day hopper to a longer one :stitch:

Since two weeks ago, I've also changed flights to add more time, which was a ripple effect for hotels and transportation, but gives more time for parks and eliminates a late night arrival to MCO and staying at the Hyatt.

It's not a Disney trip until everything is completely changed from where we started :rotfl2:

It's coming close everyone! Can't wait to hear about everyone's trips who are going end of this month/first week in Sept :earsboy:
I’m dealing with the ripple effect myself right now. I originally booked our package a year ago. Then, around Christmas, my step kids and their kids were coming with us, so we revamped the trip for a condo in Windsor Hills, but I didn’t want to cancel our package until the kids paid for their tickets. Good thing, because they cancelled on us in June. Anyway, the dates had shifted a few times because DH, the boys, and I can make the drive straight through and still hit the parks for a few hours. The grandkids, not so much. So I’m the shuffling plans I realized last week that we are leaving here Thursday night, but not checking into POP until Saturday. So I had to make a reservation for an offsite hotel the first night. No biggie, we’ve done that before, and it gives us a chance to rest and spend a full day in the park Saturday. But I’m a planner. I booked the rest of this a year ago, and part of me is appalled that I almost forgot about Friday night. It’s a 22 hour drive for us so leaving Friday morning instead of Thursday has us getting into Orlando too early in the morning. Anyway, the place we normally would have stayed is booked up so I had to pick somewhere else and now we are planning Friday afternoon in Disney Springs.

Sigh....Danielle the storm is still a no go. There's less than a 20% chance now anything will develop in the next five days. Currently there is a dust cloud from the Sahara that's killing all cyclone development over the ocean. The weather channel posted about it. Its traveling something like 4,000 mile right now, all the way to Florida. I mean its great if it keeps doing this and we have a quiet season, but you know the sense of dread that the shoe is going to drop?

I mean its great if it keeps doing this and we have a quiet season, but you know the sense of dread that the shoe is going to drop?

You mean, that feeling that hasn't gone away for 2.5 damn years? And, with the uncertainty of air travel and contagiousness of the current strain, it's not going anywhere until our crew is on the plane home from Orlando!!

Fingers and toes crossed that your namesake doesn't interrupt your trip. I'd say it's highly unlikely, but I don't even know what that means these days.

You mean, that feeling that hasn't gone away for 2.5 damn years? And, with the uncertainty of air travel and contagiousness of the current strain, it's not going anywhere until our crew is on the plane home from Orlando!!

Fingers and toes crossed that your namesake doesn't interrupt your trip. I'd say it's highly unlikely, but I don't even know what that means these days.
That's the feeling! I will tell you I'm facing almost the exact same issue for this trip as I did in January, and there was a sprinkle of magic with that trip that things worked out, so I have some hope. But air travel was chaos because of the virus strain at that point which was all over thanks to the holidays, weather is always iffy in winter if you're going from a cold location, and crowds were definitely worse than predicted. 🤷‍♀️

I get what you mean with unlikely.... never say never anymore.

What day did y’all order your MB+ and when did it either ship or you received it? I ordered the evening of the 28th but it still says “in processing”. I declined a new MB for DH so the order is just for 1 MB+. If it matters, I ordered the rose gold Cinderella Castle 50th anniversary MB+. We arrive in 25 days!
Just ordered two MB+ (both solid colors) a few minutes ago, so I'll see how long until it ships. We arrive September 8. First trip to Disney in 10 years, so new to the MagicBands.

Sigh....Danielle the storm is still a no go. There's less than a 20% chance now anything will develop in the next five days. Currently there is a dust cloud from the Sahara that's killing all cyclone development over the ocean. The weather channel posted about it. Its traveling something like 4,000 mile right now, all the way to Florida. I mean its great if it keeps doing this and we have a quiet season, but you know the sense of dread that the shoe is going to drop?
The Saharan dust cloud was a topic on the Atlanta local news a few days ago. It travels over every year but this year it’s larger and slower than in the past. Keep down the storms is a perk but it makes for some beautiful sunrises and sunsets too! In normal years we usually see it done by June to early July but last year was well into July. I don’t imagine it’ll be done this year until closer to the end of the month if not a little into September. Maybe we’ll get lucky and it’ll take through September so none of our trips have that hiccup.

I got a little upset with the emails this weekend, but when I looked at my dates as a whole, the largest number was a 4, although 5 did show up at Epcot and HS. That said, I don't think it will be as bad as I was originally feeling and I don't think it will be as bad as January.

I got those TP increased crowd emails too. They have Epcot as a 6 on Labor Day! I hope it won't actually be that bad.

We will stay for EEH from 9-11 that night. Which couple of rides are good to save for late riding without outrageous wait times? I was thinking Soarin' or Frozen. I was considering Test Track, but I will get a LL for that one earlier in case it goes down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter