Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

I can completely understand your frustration and disappointment. Have you ever thought of or considered a split stay? You can still enjoy a few nights at the Poly and then move over to another resort that you all would enjoy that would offer the additional pool amenity? I know that may seem like a hassle, but if you can arrange your packing and itinerary to work with your moving day (which is a very simple process if just planned out a tiny bit) you would then have the opportunity to enjoy the Poly and another amazing resort. It is almost like 2 vacations in one. :) If that is not an option, and you do feel that having a pool will be a major want/need on this trip, maybe discussing with the kids (I missed the ages of them) and see what their insight might be may help. We did our first split stay this past May and while I was concerned it might be a headache, it was a simple breeze and truly felt like I was able to enjoy 2 vacations in 1 week. Just another option to think about. Try to remain positive! :) :goodvibes

Thanks for the reply. I don't like the hassle of moving after a few nights, so would never consider a split stay. My kids are 5 and 7. We drive, so we bring lots of stuff!

I emailed disney last night about the volcano pool being closed in September. The response said that there was no info available about a refurbishment on the pool during my sept. travel dates. I just find it odd that it was sent out to travel agents, but disney doesn't have any info on it, unless it was changed until January and no update was sent to travel agents, like the Tikiman fb says. Hopefully, they will put it off to the cold months, which would make more sense. I guess I am just going to have to patiently wait and see what happens!

We are DVC members and would love to add on to our membership at Poly! Must subscribe to this thread for updates!

I have been away on a beach vacation, anything new to report on the contruction?

Today Tikiman reporting on his FB page that DVC construction will be much less then reported, not much details posted yet, seems like the new rumor is just Tahiti converted to DVC villas? Will keep an eye on his page and see what is the latest.

popcorn:: Thanks for the update! Dying to know how long the volcano pool will be closed for come January.:rolleyes1

Thanks for the Tikiman tip . . . Does anyone know where they are in the room refurb process? A couple of months ago Tikiman was on the WDW Today podcast and his info at the time was that Tahiti and (I think) Rapa Nui would become DVC. He speculated that they might skip the refurb on those buildings for that reason (in fact, I think he had info that Rapa Nui would be torn down, but I may be mixing some facts up and it seems things have changed now, so it probably doesn't matter :D) . . . Anyway, we requested Tahiti for an early December trip, but if it's not getting refurb'ed I might want to switch our request to another building.

Anyone have any updates?

I am not seeing the reports of GCH having water feature removed? I know that was in the past but thought it was not true? Has it come up again? I guess until we hear offical from disney anything can happen.

Today Tikiman reporting on his FB page that DVC construction will be much less then reported, not much details posted yet, seems like the new rumor is just Tahiti converted to DVC villas? Will keep an eye on his page and see what is the latest.

I've been trying to find Tikiman's facebook page. Can anyone tell me how to get to it? Thanks

The only thing I really like in the current rumor is trader SAMs , if it is in a good location, hmm where would that be?

Jennygt said:
The only thing I really like in the current rumor is trader SAMs , if it is in a good location, hmm where would that be?

I hope they don't use up more beach space. I really don't like the idea of the villas being built in the water. It will spoil the view for those in Tahiti. That beach is so quiet and peaceful over there.

I wonder what plans will be for the old Tangaroa Terrace building?

I wonder if any of this will be announced at the D23 meeting that is comming up soon? How was the GF dcv expansion officialy annonced?

My youngest DD turns sweet 16 next summer and the only thing she wants is a stay at the Poly but with the construction news, I too, will not pay top dollar to be in the middle of construction. I'm so sorry now that I didn't book the Poly for our upcoming trip in a few weeks, if only I had known :headache:

My youngest DD turns sweet 16 next summer and the only thing she wants is a stay at the Poly but with the construction news, I too, will not pay top dollar to be in the middle of construction. I'm so sorry now that I didn't book the Poly for our upcoming trip in a few weeks, if only I had known :headache:

So hard to know what to do without official conformation from disney...tikiman is awesome for posting all he knows. I guess I will just have to wait and see.:confused3

I too was debating between Poly, CR or GF for our September 2014 trip and with all this construction talk we decided to book a CR room and are trying to secure a villa seven months out from our trip.

BUT as soon as the poly is done...we will be back there!!

We just checked in at the Poly and we are in Samoa on the 3rd floor. Apparently our room was very newly renovated. When we were walking to our room, there appeared to be other rooms on the floor either being finished with renovations, or just some touch ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter