***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made it to the park about 7:45. No where near the 7:00 I hoped for but we made it.

No amount of explaining will convince DH you can spend 1 hour outside in line to save 2 hours, or more, in line inside. He wasn't getting up any earlier and leaving him wouldn't work as we'd have never joined up. We did not have other plans this morning and it's not hot so no big issues.

No wait to get in park or Pandora at that time. Long line for FoP. We were on bridge to Africa, about half way across, when we got in line about 8:00, maybe 7:55. We'll see what final wait is. We think 3 hours

I understand what he's saying in theory - that it takes 3hrs to do this whether you spend those hrs arriving early and waiting outside the park to be first to let in or spend hrs in the queue after the fact.

But, I know personally (since we habitually do this) that by investing 1.5-2hrs upfront at the entrance pre-park opening, you not only absorb that wait time during a period when nothing is open yet but it liberates your entire park morning from stress, chaos and long lines to open space and much more time and relaxation.

He should test this himself, but I'll argue you save a lot more than 3hrs throughout the course of the morning. You are always on the front side of the equation for the entire park morning, one step ahead of the crowds vs the downside of the bell curve so to speak always following behind the masses and waiting in long lines to do everything.

i have to be honest I am very excited about seeing this. Just wondering when does it eventually slow down. I see FoP becoming like Soarin' FP's gone for the day with standard 90-120 minute waits during peak times. I would imagine that would be way in the future and may not even happen this year. Any thoughts?

i have to be honest I am very excited about seeing this. Just wondering when does it eventually slow down. I see FoP becoming like Soarin' FP's gone for the day with standard 90-120 minute waits during peak times. I would imagine that would be way in the future and may not even happen this year. Any thoughts?

I think you are pretty much on but I would say a 2 hr wait time would likely be the norm in that range.

I've been trying to keep up with reading the updates in this thread but haven't managed to read all 300+ pages, so I apologize if this has been covered already.

We have a trip in mid-July and right now I have a FP+ booked for FoP for 5:15-6:15pm. I plan to arrive around 4pm or so to AK and go right to Pandora. Will I be allowed right into the land with a FP+ or are there still lines at that point to get into Pandora? I realize a lot could change between now and then, and I'm hoping they will add some late night EMH's to our trip as well!

OMG -- I was looking for a thread that a review of the park and couldn't believe this one was already 310 pages! Anyone know where I can just find a review of the park itself? Thanks.

OMG -- I was looking for a thread that a review of the park and couldn't believe this one was already 310 pages! Anyone know where I can just find a review of the park itself? Thanks.
If you begin reading posts from Saturday through today, there are a lot of good, comprehensive reviews of the land.

Ryan/rteetz, who is the OP of this thread, has landed in Orlando and he'll be posting while in Pandora later today.

I know he will be happy to answer questions when he has time. :)

In addition to what hiroMYhiro said, if you want basic info about Pandora you can focus on the first page of this thread as well. It should be able to answer most if not all questions you have. I didn't know if you were looking for live reviews or just a general review of the land. Hope this helps.

Oh, no question here. I have no doubt we'd be done now had we gotten here at 7:00. No idea how long we have to go. Just entered the laboratory room Pandora Conservation something or other. Just past the tree room
Not sure if you've been through the standby queue previously but the lab is the second to last room in the standby queue before you get to the ramps.

In addition to what hiroMYhiro said, if you want basic info about Pandora you can focus on the first page of this thread as well. It should be able to answer most if not all questions you have. I didn't know if you were looking for live reviews or just a general review of the land. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I was actually looking for reviews of what people thought of it after all this hype and waiting. Is it worth it, is it a surprise and does it take away from AK?

Does anyone have any information about the rest of the park? Was today an EMH morning? We will be headed to Everest at the beginning on Sunday.

Not sure if you've been through the standby queue previously but the lab is the second to last room in the standby queue before you get to the ramps.
I hadn't but saw that shortly after posting. We were finished by 10:15, so 2 hours and a little bit from when we got in line on the bridge from Africa

Thanks. I was actually looking for reviews of what people thought of it after all this hype and waiting. Is it worth it, is it a surprise and does it take away from AK?
Worth every bit of hype, wait and adds to the park. We've been here every day since it opened and love it. DGD declared it makes AK her favorite park. I don't do lines for rides ever. But just did 2 hours for flights of Passage and would again and again with out hesitation

Those comments can be found in the most recent pages of this thread.

@HydroGuy and @WebmasterDoc have shared their thoughts. Those who have waited 4+ hours for FoP have also commented regarding the wait.

You can run a Search of this thread for "Review" and for specific posters' names to get to their posts.

I'm going to Disney in December (2nd week) for a short birthday trip with my daughter. Based on feedback and other inquiries on the board, does anyone think the Padora rides will start to slow down a bit and have wait times comparable to 7D Mine Train? My 60 day window is way yet, but I'm one of those people that book FP+ right at the second stroke of 12 midnight. Just curious on opinions.

:surfweb:

I'm going to Disney in December (2nd week) for a short birthday trip with my daughter. Based on feedback and other inquiries on the board, does anyone think the Padora rides will start to slow down a bit and have wait times comparable to 7D Mine Train? My 60 day window is way yet, but I'm one of those people that book FP+ right at the second stroke of 12 midnight. Just curious on opinions.

:surfweb:
FP booking opens at 7:00a ET.

It would be best to wait until September/October to ask about wait times. Pandora has only been open for 5 days now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter