***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made it to opening today. Got to AK about 6:45 this morning.
Got in to AK, no problem. Made it to the line and were held just past the turnstiles till 7:00, where we scanned in with our MB and were verified as park guests by 7:05
Then we waited to get in to Pandora till probably about 7:30 or so.
DGD went to get her face painted, I went to get in line for the store.
She was finished with her face painting and I was next to go in the store about 8:00
Went right in to the store and to the Banshee pairing.
Another line.
Lines were the common theme of the day, it seems
Not sure how long the line was there, maybe another half hour.
By the time it was our turn a group of official photographers had come in and they took tons of photos of DGD with her face painted and getting her pairing with her banshee. We had to sign papers for a release, in case they use any of the photos.
Did more shopping, and time for another line.
Thankfully, I didn't want to buy anything behind the counter so I got to skip the check out line and went to a mobile check out stand. Meant we couldn't send it back to the resort but we could do that in a store in the park, no problem.
We wandered around a bit more then went out through Africa (Exit only by the way) and rode the Safari.
Everyone was Ooohing and Ahhing over the face paint and the Banshee. Most of the guests from Pandora were staying in Pandora it seems. No one else was wandering around with stuff.
We had lunch at Tiffin's (had to check in to get past the crowds waiting to get in). Talked to staff at Tiffin's and they said it was going to be their busiest day ever. Their days of operating in obscurity are over.
From there we went back in to Pandora for our River Journey FP. They scanned our bands to get back in. We stayed around a while to look around. I think they were keeping the numbers in the land to a manageable level. It didn't feel too crowded at all.
We left after the ride and the lines to get in were not bad by this point (it was 3:00 or so I guess)
Oh, and we tried the FoP seat on for size. DH and I both fit. Yay!

DGD and her Banshee
5FE4D8B7-7289-4FC2-9B45-9AB4BF2110D5.jpg

Now that it's open and there's more experience with the actual ride, I'm hoping for some feedback!

I've seen the vehicle and I understand it does move a bit, but am unsure just how much. And is it one of the rides where if I just close my eyes (if I absolutely have to!), I'll be okay? I don't do well with spinning, turning upside down, that sort of thing. Do fine on Soarin', no problem with heights.

Really, really want to try it but don't want to end up sick either! Hoping if it's too much, I can just close my eyes until it's over!

Thank you for the updates all, i almost feel like I'm there and it's kind of exciting!! I'm relieved to not be a part of the unbelievable crowds, but a part of me is a bit jealous that i'm not there to be a part of the opening day excitement!! :)

Got in to AK, no problem. Made it to the line and were held just past the turnstiles till 7:00, where we scanned in with our MB and were verified as park guests by 7:05
She was finished with her face painting and I was next to go in the store about 8:00
Another line.
By the time it was our turn a group of official photographers had come in and they took tons of photos of DGD with her face painted and getting her pairing with her banshee. We had to sign papers for a release, in case they use any of the photos.
Thankfully, I didn't want to buy anything behind the counter so I got to skip the check out line and went to a mobile check out stand. Meant we couldn't send it back to the resort but we could do that in a store in the park, no problem.
We wandered around a bit more then went out through Africa (Exit only by the way) and rode the Safari.
Everyone was Ooohing and Ahhing over the face paint and the Banshee. Most of the guests from Pandora were staying in Pandora it seems. No one else was wandering around with stuff.
We had lunch at Tiffin's (had to check in to get past the crowds waiting to get in). Talked to staff at Tiffin's and they said it was going to be their busiest day ever. Their days of operating in obscurity are over.
From there we went back in to Pandora for our River Journey FP. They scanned our bands to get back in. We stayed around a while to look around. I think they were keeping the numbers in the land to a manageable level. It didn't feel too crowded at all.
We left after the ride and the lines to get in were not bad by this point (it was 3:00 or so I guess)

DGD and her Banshee
Thank you for the report. Your DGD looks absolutely lovely in that picture. I would not be surprised if we see some pictures of her in Disney media soon!

Another line.

DGD and her Banshee
So cute!!! Review on the banshee so far??

Another line.

DGD and her Banshee

So cute! Such a pretty banshee. The face paint is great. Did you go back for touch ups at all?

Can anyone tell me how much of the FoP queue you either see or miss with a FP? I'm not changing it, but I was just wondering, now that they are in actual public mode.

So cute! Such a pretty banshee. The face paint is great. Did you go back for touch ups at all?
Yes, she did her face paint at about 8:00 and when we rode River Journey about 2:00 we stopped for a touch up before leaving for a break. We are in the room now and are heading back for the 9:15 RoL show and back to Pandora for night, if we can get in. If not, we'll try for night later in the week

So cute!!! Review on the banshee so far??
It's really fun. I got one too but I sent mine back to the room so I won't get it till tomorrow.
She can't hold her's on her shoulder because she's got thin straps on her dress (and me either, I have on a tank top) so that's something to be aware of. If you can't get them on your shoulder you hold them in your hand like she is. We have the shoulder piece in the package that's coming to the room tomorrow

Great news that you had no issue with the FOP seat. i am still very nervous i will not fit - I am going to be a bit crushed if I cannot ride I must admit. Oh well - will find out in July.

It's really fun. I got one too but I sent mine back to the room so I won't get it till tomorrow.
She can't hold her's on her shoulder because she's got thin straps on her dress (and me either, I have on a tank top) so that's something to be aware of. If you can't get them on your shoulder you hold them in your hand like she is. We have the shoulder piece in the package that's coming to the room tomorrow

We rode Everest and Safari with FP and I was surprised both had reasonable wait times. FP lines were very short. They had very long queues set up for both and neither were needed at the time we rode.
Very cool -- thanks for the review and account -- glad you're having a great day! Enjoy tonight!! :)

WE decided to skip Pandora this morning and went to MK instead. Have to say it was pretty busy. Thought that would be the "safe" bet but it was the busiest I think I've personally seen it (we also went Memorial Day weekend last year and various trips throughout the years before).

About to head to AK now and knock out some FPs. Here's to hoping it doesn't get out of hand. Here's also to hoping I bump in to Joe Rohde.

My DD works at MK. When we talked earlier today, the expected attendance at MK today was 74,000 and Mine Train had a 150 minute wait (that was around 1pm). I thought everyone would be at AK, but I guess many had the same idea as you! ;)

Great news that you had no issue with the FOP seat. i am still very nervous i will not fit - I am going to be a bit crushed if I cannot ride I must admit. Oh well - will find out in July.
I will say it wasn't tight at all. I don't know how close I was to the red. DH was close but not touching the red but it was not uncomfortable for him at all. A couple others tried while we were around the seat. One lady did not fit. The CM showed her how much more she had to go to fit when she got off.

The Official Pandora thread has MULTIPLE reports by folks attending nearly 4 weeks of previews. You can check there for specifics. But most reports are that it is not a problem

OH, I didn't mention the wait but there was no wait to speak of for the face painting. Not this morning first thing and not when we were back over there this afternoon for a touch up

Can anyone tell me how much of the FoP queue you either see or miss with a FP? I'm not changing it, but I was just wondering, now that they are in actual public mode.

You miss the floating avatar and glowing room.

You miss a large portion of it. You won't miss anything outside, but miss most of the inside. You can see into the lab a little bit through a window, but you'll probably walk right past it and miss many of the details. However, as great as the queue is, I wouldn't wait 4 hours to ride just to see the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter