***Official November 2022 Thread***

Just booked our trip for November 12-17 at Pop Century.:dancer:

DH & I last went in Nov 2020 for our 20th anniversary. (Masks and all!) DS19 and DD14 haven't been in 4 years, so we are super stoked to show them Galaxy's Edge.

Excited to have Genie+ and Lightening Lanes, even though we have to pay. The Nov 2020 trip was a nightmare with no Fast Passes, and I swore I wouldn't be back until they were.

Sat down and did some math for food gift cards. We are usually Dining Plan people, only for the peace of mind of prepaying and not having to think about money. Luckily I read about buying discount gift cards at Target with a Red Card. I'm going to purchase cards to pay for our resort/tickets/food. Should be a hefty savings!

Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come, but I ain't the same
Mickey, I'm coming home
That’s so exciting! I remember learning about the target red card- Disney gift card thing but I then I heard they no longer allowed that- but I just did a quick internet search and it seems to still be working for people. I don’t know why I thought that! That savings could add up! Could you please post back here if it works for you?
Have fun planning! We are going with our 11yo this Nov and I LOVE that you are going with your 14 and 19yo!

That’s so exciting! I remember learning about the target red card- Disney gift card thing but I then I heard they no longer allowed that- but I just did a quick internet search and it seems to still be working for people. I don’t know why I thought that! That savings could add up! Could you please post back here if it works for you?
Have fun planning! We are going with our 11yo this Nov and I LOVE that you are going with your 14 and 19yo!
The Target red card discount for Disney gift cards still work for us. I buy them all the time. ;)

This is such a fun question - I hope everyone sends a reply; I enjoy reading the various opinions and likes related to food.

We are an "old" bunch now....slightly kidding, but it is so different with our group this year (DW/me are 40s, kids going are 16,16,16,14,12,26) - this group has 3-4 different styles of food so it makes for a fun challenge and also patience! My one DD could eat chicken fingers/nuggets for every meal of the day! Her twin could eat filet every meal if price weren't a factor :)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we were fortunate to get all the ADRs we wanted (including adding CG today for DW and I); which normally we only do 1 sit down meal per day; allowing for snacks on snacks...but for Thanksgiving, we won't get to snack as we have 2 TS meals. Also what's shifting are normal "process" is that we are only doing 3 days in WDW parks (not including the MVMCP night). We normally do 5-7 park days which allows for multiple snacking opportunities.

We will most likely hit:
1. Pretzels (a MUST) both generic and at Germany.
2. The generic Minute Maid strawberry/lemon ice....somehow is a fav of 1/2 the group.
3. MK - definitely will hit Sleepy Hallow and something seasonal (waiting to see what WDW announces for Christmas themed treats)
4. EP - they want wings....crazy I know.
5. AK - nothing
6. HS - ALL A MUST: Rontos & NUM NUM cookies. Brownie sundae at Hollywood Scoops. (also some want to try blue milk again)
7. DS - Gideon's is all of our favorite!

Activity-wise, we are going to try mini-golf at all 3 course on an off day. I have a feeling we will only do Winter/Summer-land, but we will see.
Oh good choices! I also can't wait until the seasonal treats are announced!
I am thinking of doing the mini golf as well.....me and DH did it on our honeymoon 13 years ago, so it seems very nostalgic to us. However one of my four year olds is super not into it, he's at a stage where if it's 'hard' or he's not 'good at it's he doesn't even want to try. Maybe the Mickey's will distract him enough while we play 😂

Well in terms of ADR, still stalking Space 220 lounge for the 16th.
on everything else, we’re a bit like you were. We haven’t been in 13 years and there is SO much new stuff to try. For food, we will try Ronto Wraps for sure at HS. We’ll probably do Yak at AK. We’d also love to fit in cocktails at Enchanted Rose. I think I need to make a list and add it to my calendar. For us, we will also be at Swan first 4 nights so we will def hit up the F&W festival.
in terms of everything else, waiting for more of a long range forecast to start packing, so about 2 weeks before (we are just over 50 days out). I used to fly 200k miles per year on business and my routine is to start packing early and then edit, edit, edit. Works for me.
on everything else, I am just glad I started researching early because it is SO different now from how it was (last time we were there was paper FP and before with no FP) In terms of just doing the parks. It’s been like a semester of a college course. Anyway cheers November peeps, and can Fantasmic PLEASE be back by then?
Yes to fantasmic! It's been 13 years since I saw it though, and I remember some scary bits my littles might not enjoy 🤔 I'd love to be able to get some info on the show if it starts again before we go!
We travel a lot but locally, just like hotels and such, so we are pretty good with packing for that, but Disney seems like a completely different game! Our toiletries stay packed, and the clothes seem to take more thought because you have to wear an Elsa dress when you meet Elsa 😂 we are actually staying at two different hotels before we get to our Disney resort, so I'm going to try to pack more strategically to not have to lug everything in!

Love this question! I am still trying to get Topolino’s breakfast for the 18th, ( I have Chef Mickey as a back-up), but I’m hoping to maybe get it the night of the 17th.
I went directly from ADR planning to impulsively deciding to do the Christmas Party! We’ve done Halloween, but I enjoyed opening a new note on my phone with research for the party. :)
Now, since it was announced that the evening hours might be extended at AK for the Tree of Life show, I am playing around with my plan for that day. I may end up giving up our early dinner at Sanaa in order to stay in AK longer. We are staying in AKL so we will have lots of opportunities to see the animals. But the bread service…… still mulling this over.
I have made park specific lists of QS in Notes and will do the same for snacks. And even though we will not be spending much time at Food and Wine, I should make a list for that too. Yes, I am a compulsive list maker! My DH makes fun of me for using Notes for everything (he’s a computer nerd), but I love it!
And the research and planning continue. But I know from past trips that all of a sudden, it will be November and I’m going to panic because I won’t feel ready!
Oh I hadn't seen that about the AK hours! I am still struggling how to arrange my park days, and that might change things 😬
I don't know if this is something you'd use, but I actually just found an app for food and wine festival food! It's wdw food&wine and you can make a wishlist of what you want to try! (I also am a compulsive list maker! And binder creater 😂)

I love the fun planning posts. Here's another:

What's one thing you ALWAYS bring but won't find on the usual packing lists and tips?

Here's mine - a roll of Nexcare waterproof tape. It's better than moleskin because I can tear it with my fingers as needed and will attach to damp surfaces and clothing. My favorite uses are on areas of the feet prone to blisters as a preventative (I've also used it directly on the shoe) and to cover itchy tags on the inside of clothing (will last several washings).

What's one thing you ALWAYS bring but won't find on the usual packing lists and tips?

Here's mine - a roll of Nexcare waterproof tape. It's better than moleskin because I can tear it with my fingers as needed and will attach to damp surfaces and clothing. My favorite uses are on areas of the feet prone to blisters as a preventative (I've also used it directly on the shoe) and to cover itchy tags on the inside of clothing (will last several washings).
Earplugs. I love Disney resorts but those walls are thin and I need to wake up early to be ready to book those rides!!!

Earplugs. I love Disney resorts but those walls are thin and I need to wake up early to be ready to book those rides!!!
I went to a dinner show recently and the music was so loud we left early. Everyone at our table got tired of shouting to be heard. I really wished I had some earplugs! Adding to my list.

We always take moleskin and I use it as a preventative in certain spots but I’m going to pick some nexcare up and try it out.

Yes to fantasmic! It's been 13 years since I saw it though, and I remember some scary bits my littles might not enjoy 🤔 I'd love to be able to get some info on the show if it starts again before we go!
We travel a lot but locally, just like hotels and such, so we are pretty good with packing for that, but Disney seems like a completely different game! Our toiletries stay packed, and the clothes seem to take more thought because you have to wear an Elsa dress when you meet Elsa 😂 we are actually staying at two different hotels before we get to our Disney resort, so I'm going to try to pack more strategically to not have to lug everything in!
One of the other things I learned from all that international business travel for years is you can always buy your way out of any problem. plus it’s fun to buy merch anyway, right? I have bought my way out of many issues. For me I always carry on when I am going someplace but check when I return so it’s ok to buy myself out of any problem. Example this year: went to UK in Spring and the first week we were there a horrible cold front came in for a whole 10 days. Freezing cold, massive wind, rain/hail/snow. After 2 days of wearing everything in my suitcase plus my wool lined raincoat just went and bought a parka. Changed the whole trip for me and was fine after that.

Oh good topic! These are some must haves for us as we travel. Some are helpful in Disney but not other places, and some are things we take everywhere. Not sure if they'd make it on to a usual packing list or not, and probably depends on if you have a lot of kids like we do 😂

Folding hamper (self explanatory...six people make a lot of dirty clothes)
Folding cube organizers of various sizes-we use these to corral peoples shoes (8 tiny shoes in a hotel room....there is always one missing 🤦) we also use the smaller ones for all our "pocket stuff" - magic bands, wallets, keys, sunglasses, etc. The things that you have to turn the room upside down looking for, while yelling "IF WE CANT FIND IT WE MIGHT AS WELL CANCEL THE WHOLE DAY" or is that just me? 😜
Hanging shelf/shoe organizer-same reasons as above, to organize and separate things, make things easy to see, etc. On our last trip we used the shoe organizer for snacks/oatmeal packs/silverware and napkins. It really helped getting things off the small amount of counter space we had.
Nightlight/glow sticks-we use these in the bathroom/on the bathroom handle, helps the kiddos find the bathroom and also helps us not have to turn on the bright light and wake up the whole room
Liquid hand soap- its just easier
Dried soap sponges-cleaning mugs, etc
Folding stool for the potty/potty seat- I did not know these existed, and for us, they are game changers for hotel rooms. Half of our family (heck maybe even more than half!) need a stool to go potty, and this helps the "MOMMY CAN YOU HOLD ME?!?!" We don't take these into the parks or anything, and driving really helps us be able to pack all the things. but a small folding stool means more independence in the bathroom 👍
Chip clips-for clipping chips and also the curtains together to avoid "The sky is awake, so I'm awake. So we have to play."
Mousekeeping envelopes- although I'm not actually sure if mouskeeping is back. We printed Disney themed envelopes and prefilled them with tips for mousekeeping to leave every day. I'll have to look into that for this year though.
And finally, a Starbucks ice coffee via packet 😂 momma doesn't need a lack of caffeine migraine. No one does, actually.

One of the other things I learned from all that international business travel for years is you can always buy your way out of any problem. plus it’s fun to buy merch anyway, right? I have bought my way out of many issues. For me I always carry on when I am going someplace but check when I return so it’s ok to buy myself out of any problem. Example this year: went to UK in Spring and the first week we were there a horrible cold front came in for a whole 10 days. Freezing cold, massive wind, rain/hail/snow. After 2 days of wearing everything in my suitcase plus my wool lined raincoat just went and bought a parka. Changed the whole trip for me and was fine after that.
Oh my gosh, so true!! Our Honeymoon was the second week of December, and we did not do a great job of packing! It was FREEZING. We toughed it out as best we could but it was awful, and we now own two Disney themed fleece jackets 😂

Oh my gosh, so true!! Our Honeymoon was the second week of December, and we did not do a great job of packing! It was FREEZING. We toughed it out as best we could but it was awful, and we now own two Disney themed fleece jackets 😂
Changes the whole trip if you rescue yourself like this, doesn’t it? I wish I would’ve bought the parka a day earlier On this UK trip. Have done this on other trips too, misery is not worth being cheap for, so I have learned.

Hanging shelf/shoe organizer-same reasons as above, to organize and separate things, make things easy to see, etc. On our last trip we used the shoe organizer for snacks/oatmeal packs/silverware and napkins. It really helped getting things off the small amount of counter space we had.
So freaking smart!! Just added one to my Amazon cart. Thank you!

Oh good topic! These are some must haves for us as we travel. Some are helpful in Disney but not other places, and some are things we take everywhere. Not sure if they'd make it on to a usual packing list or not, and probably depends on if you have a lot of kids like we do 😂

Folding hamper (self explanatory...six people make a lot of dirty clothes)
Folding cube organizers of various sizes-we use these to corral peoples shoes (8 tiny shoes in a hotel room....there is always one missing 🤦) we also use the smaller ones for all our "pocket stuff" - magic bands, wallets, keys, sunglasses, etc. The things that you have to turn the room upside down looking for, while yelling "IF WE CANT FIND IT WE MIGHT AS WELL CANCEL THE WHOLE DAY" or is that just me? 😜
Nightlight/glow sticks-we use these in the bathroom/on the bathroom handle, helps the kiddos find the bathroom and also helps us not have to turn on the bright light and wake up the whole room
Liquid hand soap- its just easier
Dried soap sponges-cleaning mugs, etc
Folding stool for the potty/potty seat- I did not know these existed, and for us, they are game changers for hotel rooms. Half of our family (heck maybe even more than half!) need a stool to go potty, and this helps the "MOMMY CAN YOU HOLD ME?!?!" We don't take these into the parks or anything, and driving really helps us be able to pack all the things. but a small folding stool means more independence in the bathroom 👍
Chip clips-for clipping chips and also the curtains together to avoid "The sky is awake, so I'm awake. So we have to play."
Mousekeeping envelopes- although I'm not actually sure if mouskeeping is back. We printed Disney themed envelopes and prefilled them with tips for mousekeeping to leave every day. I'll have to look into that for this year though.
And finally, a Starbucks ice coffee via packet 😂 momma doesn't need a lack of caffeine migraine. No one does, actually.
Amazing list.. most of which I pack as well ( the liquid hand soap is a must for us with younger kids) but will be adding the shoe organizer.
I’m an overthinker and an overpacker and any good organization tools is huge for me.
I will also be bringing along a small portable sound machine to drown out some of the outside noise or loud neighbors. One of my kiddos is a very light sleeper.
We are at 50 days right now and I would totally break out the suitcase if I could but our kids don’t know yet. We don’t plan to tell them until the morning of ( Still working out the details of a surprise announcement box). I have a small pile going in the corner of my room under some pillows that I keep adding to as I think of little things.

Amazing list.. most of which I pack as well ( the liquid hand soap is a must for us with younger kids) but will be adding the shoe organizer.
I’m an overthinker and an overpacker and any good organization tools is huge for me.
I will also be bringing along a small portable sound machine to drown out some of the outside noise or loud neighbors. One of my kiddos is a very light sleeper.
We are at 50 days right now and I would totally break out the suitcase if I could but our kids don’t know yet. We don’t plan to tell them until the morning of ( Still working out the details of a surprise announcement box). I have a small pile going in the corner of my room under some pillows that I keep adding to as I think of little things.
We also travel with a sound machine! My kids sleep with one at home as well. I really want to start packing too, especially the weird or small things. We actually keep a "travel" Rubbermaid tote in the basement that has all those things, so I really only have to gather clothes and our toiletries but then it's the Tetris game of getting it all to fit. We haven't told our kids yet, but probably will about a month out. We have one daughter that has a lot of anxiety and would spiral if she didn't have time to plan. It's hard enough when she knows in advance, she still worries if we packed everything, what if we're late, what if we're early, what happens if we get a flat tire, what if we forgot the toothpaste, will she get a cavity? Etc etc. So she needs to be involved with packing. I also really want their opinions on what we should make sure not to miss! The older ones have been once a few years ago and have a few memories, but the younger ones have no memory of that trip. It will be super exciting and I can't wait! 🥰🥰

I use Southwest, so I book as soon as the flight schedule is available, and then rebook for credit if it gets cheaper later (I just got $97 back the other day on my return flight)
It didn't even occur to me that prices would go down, but I just got 7000 points back on my outbound flight. Thanks for prompting me to check!

Gosh I sure feel for all the people who have plans this week with Hurricane Ian! DH and I discussed last night what we would do, since we fly from the West coast, haven’t been in 13 years and it’s VERY $$$ now, we would immediately be postponing. I am amazed how many people are going anyway, mostly those who drive, but still. No way would we but we don’t get to go all the time. Fingers crossed all is calm and bright in November for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter