***Official November 2022 Thread***

I finally finished up our reservations for the week after Thanksgiving. I made reservations at All Star Music a few weeks ago because standard rooms at All Star Movies weren't available, and yesterday I checked again and they were! So Movies it is, and I went ahead and ordered our Pixie Dust Passes and made park reservations. Let the real planning begin!

Well, was going to wait for southwest flights to be released to buy my tickets since we sometimes lengthen or shorten trips based on flight price but Disney pulling the length of ticket genie plus is forcing my hand. Can’t risk they are going to raise G+ prices or limit sales. Going to buy tickets with G+ today before they are gone. Sigh, my poor wallet.

We made ours already just to be on the safe side. We won’t do the Christmas party so may adjust later. Probably want to steer clear of MK on those days.

Anyone else waiting to make their park reservations until the Xmas party dates are released?
I looked at past dates and assumed they are going to keep a similar schedule and made tentative rezzies based on that. If you have a TouringPlans subscription you can look at what they predict the dates will be but it’s also pretty easy to make decent predictions by yourself based on prior year dates (generally not on Saturdays etc). Learned the hard way on a prior trip that it better to reserve parks and then change them then wait too long and risk things booking up.

My personal strategy is to book MK on days when I think there will be a party. The crowd difference between party days and non-party days has in the past been meaningful enough to me to make the shorter hours worth it. Not sure how the shorter hours will affect Genie+ and stacking but I guess we’ll see.

Well, was going to wait for southwest flights to be released to buy my tickets since we sometimes lengthen or shorten trips based on flight price but Disney pulling the length of ticket genie plus is forcing my hand. Can’t risk they are going to raise G+ prices or limit sales. Going to buy tickets with G+ today before they are gone. Sigh, my poor wallet.

That’s what we’ve decided too. If they decide to charge, let’s say $25/day during peak times, it’ll cost us just as much to have Genie+ for the whole time (today’s prices) as it would for just our MK and HS days at the elevated cost. Of course this is assuming they’ll do this, but I’d put money on it. Also, I don’t want to have to wake up at midnight to buy it.

So having not been in 12 years should we book MK on a party day even though we’re not going to the party? We’ll be looking for the lowest crowds on the party day. We have one week to catch up on 12 years worth of rides and experiences. Split stay both at deluxe.

So having not been in 12 years should we book MK on a party day even though we’re not going to the party? We’ll be looking for the lowest crowds on the party day. We have one week to catch up on 12 years worth of rides and experiences. Split stay both at deluxe.
If the goal is to do as much as possible in MK, I would try to take advantage of the evening magic hours for deluxe guests at least once.

If the goal is to do as much as possible in MK, I would try to take advantage of the evening magic hours for deluxe guests at least once.
Agree. We always try to book MK on the Extended Evening Hours. We like to do early entry and leave by lunch. Then we go back around dinner time and stay through the end of EEH (or until the kids say they are tired and want to sleep). If you have older children or no children, I would suggest booking MK for an EEH day, starting with early entry, and staying through the end of EEH. You should be able to get it all done.

I bought tickets with Genie+ today and had no issue with the purchase. I'd heard some people were having to call to get Genie+ added, but it was easy enough online.

I'm honestly not convinced it's the right decision for my family (my son is eligible for DAS and that usually works well for us), but the coming changes forced us to make up our minds. I'd hoped for a few months to pass to see if they could iron out some of the kinks.

I am so excited! DH and I have a trip booked during Thanksgiving week at Copper Creek in a two bedroom villa! I am excited to see the resort decorated for the holidays!
This is the #1 thing I'm excited about! Last year I missed it so much I bought a candle that smells like the Lodge at Christmas. I love just relaxing in the lobby for a few minutes after a long park day and soaking in the atmosphere.

I bought tickets with Genie+ today and had no issue with the purchase. I'd heard some people were having to call to get Genie+ added, but it was easy enough online.

I'm honestly not convinced it's the right decision for my family (my son is eligible for DAS and that usually works well for us), but the coming changes forced us to make up our minds. I'd hoped for a few months to pass to see if they could iron out some of the kinks.

This is the #1 thing I'm excited about! Last year I missed it so much I bought a candle that smells like the Lodge at Christmas. I love just relaxing in the lobby for a few minutes after a long park day and soaking in the atmosphere.
For what it’s worth we also have a child with DAS. We opted to pay for G+ because we are there during Thanksgiving. When the posted wait times for most things get to be over an hour, that means you really can’t do much in a day with DAS alone. And even less when you take midday breaks like we do since a full day is too much/overstimulating for our kid (we rope drop for a couple hours and come back in the early evening). Hoping G+ will help us be more efficient with less than a full day in the park, even if it is only 1-2 rides per day.

For what it’s worth we also have a child with DAS. We opted to pay for G+ because we are there during Thanksgiving. When the posted wait times for most things get to be over an hour, that means you really can’t do much in a day with DAS alone. And even less when you take midday breaks like we do since a full day is too much/overstimulating for our kid (we rope drop for a couple hours and come back in the early evening). Hoping G+ will help us be more efficient with less than a full day in the park, even if it is only 1-2 rides per day.

That’s what we’re hoping too.

I made our park reservations assuming MVMCP would be on the dates Touring Plans was predicting. I made our MK reservations for one non-party day, so we can stay for fireworks if we choose, and for one party day because I'm hoping it will be less crowded (again, that's what Touring Plans was predicting). We have APs, so we may also hop to another park in the afternoon/evening of the party day, depending on how the two year old is holding up.

Booked our November trip for Nov. 8 - 15!

We arrive in the morning on Nov. 8 so I think (for the first time ever) we are going to surprise the kids and head straight to MK for a few hours!

Debating MVMCP vs a dessert party...it seems the dessert parties are SO HARD to book lately. Also thinking about not doing an evening event and instead going with a park hopper and Genie+...THe kids will be 7 + 10 for this trip and I am thinking that they can handle a little more walking and park hopping?

Staying offsite at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We stayed offsite the last time we went in 2019 and I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would! We'll rent a car (obviously) and likely rope drop the parks in the morning. Planning on a pool afternoon and also our first trip to Universal as we now have four Potterheads in the house! Our flight was moved to 12:30 on the 15th so I am going to try to sneak in one last micky waffle breakfast :)

Excited to be heading back <3

Debating MVMCP vs a dessert party...it seems the dessert parties are SO HARD to book lately. Also thinking about not doing an evening event and instead going with a park hopper and Genie+...THe kids will be 7 + 10 for this trip and I am thinking that they can handle a little more walking and park hopping?

I think they’ll be okay park hopping! We were just there from late December to early January with kids who were 8 and 6 and they really like being able to park hop. We take midday breaks like you plan to do and it definitely helps. The only time we’ve minimally hopped with them is when we went in August and they were 4 and 2. They’re used to starting in one park, leaving for a break, and going to another.

Enjoy!

I noticed a lot of Christmas merch at the Disney outlet near us this weekend. My guess is it's stuff that was stuck on a shipping container last year and didn't make it in time. There was also some Halloween merch too. I passed it up at the time, but after some thought I think I'll head back in and grab some shirts to have before our trip this year.

Anyone else waiting to make their park reservations until the Xmas party dates are released?
Joining the November 2022 krewe! We will be going from November 19-25 and cannot wait to see everything all decorated! We took our 5 year old for the first time in February, and she had such a beautiful time that we could not wait to book another trip!

Joining the November 2022 krewe! We will be going from November 19-25 and cannot wait to see everything all decorated! We took our 5 year old for the first time in February, and she had such a beautiful time that we could not wait to book another trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter