Official November 2021!

We're planning on the December 3rd party. The price was a shock, but this will most likely be our last family trip until we have grandkids many years in the future so we decided to suck it up and pay the price. We have decided that it's time to start seeing the world for a fraction of what we're spending to go to Disney every other year. We did an after hours event a few years ago and had a blast. Hopefully this event lives up to expectations!

I'm wavering on whether or not to shell out the big bucks they are asking. If we do go, it will be before our grown children and their spouses arrive during the second week we are there.

I was thinking about it...until I saw the price o_O
Nearly $1000 for my family of 4 Thanksgiving week....no thanks. I'm sure it will be fun but I just can't justify the cost.
Yes, its definitely more expensive than I was expecting but DH and I have never been to an After Hours/"real" party ever...and I mean, ever....and I'm just not telling him how much the tickets are and all will be good!

:rotfl2:

Yes, its definitely more expensive than I was expecting but DH and I have never been to an After Hours/"real" party ever...and I mean, ever....and I'm just not telling him how much the tickets are and all will be good!

:rotfl2:

We had never been to one of the holiday after hours events either until two years ago when the manager at All Star Movies gifted us with a pair of tickets. We had a great time and I'm ready to go back and experience it again (albeit a different version).

Booked merriest for 11/14.

It was expensive, but this is the "last big trip" with Grandpa. It will guarantee at least one nicer evening for the group. Plus with how we'll be jet lagged, 1am will only feel like 10pm to me!

Im not sure how many extra special events there will even be to purchase : /

Drawn to Life by Cirque du Soliel reopens on November 18th! Tickets are available to the general public on August 20th.

Last edited:
I got my tickets for Nov 19th for my son and I. First time ever doing an event like this and getting excited.

On a side note, I was surprised to see that the party tickets are not not shown in “My Plan” on the MDE app. The tickets are in Tickets and Passes but do not appear to be displayed elsewhere. Not a big deal at all, but I got nervous after I purchased them that I did something wrong when I didn’t see them in My Plans. Being my first time, I started second guessing myself that I didn’t link them properly to my reservation.

Typically, our two week trips have a day of parks and a day of rest, a day of parks, a day of rest.... But, this trip is going to be a bit different since we surprised our grown children and spouses with trips to Disney as their Christmas gifts. For the first week, my husband and I will be doing three "lazy" days and attending the new Christmas party. The second week when the kids arrive, it will be go go go all week long. Last night, I threw another twist to the plans and purchased Cirque du Soleil tickets for all of us. We will have a first timer with us and I am trying to make it as perfect as I can for her.

Typically, our two week trips have a day of parks and a day of rest, a day of parks, a day of rest.... But, this trip is going to be a bit different since we surprised our grown children and spouses with trips to Disney as their Christmas gifts. For the first week, my husband and I will be doing three "lazy" days and attending the new Christmas party. The second week when the kids arrive, it will be go go go all week long. Last night, I threw another twist to the plans and purchased Cirque du Soleil tickets for all of us. We will have a first timer with us and I am trying to make it as perfect as I can for her.

Sounds like an AWESOME trip. I’d love to do Cirque but don’t think my 13 year old would be a fan.

Am I the only one that has been wishing for the days to pass quickly for months but now we are under 3 months to go and I want the time to slow dow because I have so much to do?

Sounds like an AWESOME trip. I’d love to do Cirque but don’t think my 13 year old would be a fan.

Am I the only one that has been wishing for the days to pass quickly for months but now we are under 3 months to go and I want the time to slow dow because I have so much to do?

We saw the previous version, La Nouba, several times and loved it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Drawn to Life will be just as fantastic.

I am right there with you on the countdown. I booked our trips while lying in the hammock at CBR during our 2020 trip and I thought that our countdown would never get here. Now I'm not only counting down the days but the weekends because the weekends are usually the only time I have to really prep for the trip.

Qell it looks like another curve ball thrown into the mix, paid fast passes. Lol. And i thought not planning was stressful, now its not planning with an unknown variable.

Qell it looks like another curve ball thrown into the mix, paid fast passes. Lol. And i thought not planning was stressful, now its not planning with an unknown variable.

I’m hoping it rolls out early enough in the fall that we can get a sense of how to use it by November. I’m most curious about how it’ll play out with RotR. Boarding groups were stressful enough, now there’s this new wrench that can be thrown into it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter