Official November 2021!

I got my first notification of a SWA flight time change on our flight down on the 14th. Luckily it was just a 10 minute shift, but I’m nervous for more!

We got an e-mail from SW for our flight going that there is a flight # change only no time change yet but for coming back we leave MCO an hour earlier.

I'm super excited to have added a day to the front of our vacation! Coronado Springs had no availability but I was able to book a room at All Star Movies for that one night which was fine since we will only be there for one night.

Funny, I got both of the above noted SW emails. New flight # on departing flight, 10 minute change on returning flight.

As for crowds, I expect much higher than usual. All resorts are sold out for our week (2nd week) so I'm worried about crowds. This is our last trip for a while though, so I'm buying whatever genie/pixie dust/incredi-pass they want me to so we have a good time before saying goodbye to WDW for a while.

For crowds we will be there Thanksgiving week so I have a feeling it will be super busy - especially since it doesn't look like any resorts are available for that week.
This will also be our last trip for awhile. I'm getting my Disney fix next summer at DisneyLand finally if everything goes right!

Our flight on Delta has changed so many times! We started out on our departure day leaving at 9:35 p.m. Then it went to 7:05, then 7:40 and now 8:05. So at least it's getting later again and crossing fingers it doesn't change.

I think it will be normal pre-covid crowd levels for the time of year but it’s hard to say. I booked my stay in Jan 2021 and remember seeing very few rooms available. I’m staying at CBR and had to book a fifth sleeper, even though I don’t need it because that was the only room available that wasn’t a pirate room. And that was 11 months out for the week of the 15th.

I wonder how many hotel reservations are foreigners that are holding out hope that they’ll be able to travel. I guess we’ll find out in a month or so when the 30 day prior to check in window hits.

Today I was able to ADR's for our first 2 days (tomorrow will be rest of the trip). I was happy to get Art Smith's for Sunday afternoon and then CRT for Monday afternoon. Had to split our party into 4/2 but that's ok. Really only have 1 sit down that I really want for the rest of the trip so hoping that goes good.
And on a side note - one week from today I'll be arriving for our mini trip!!!!!

I hate this part of the planning/pre-trip.....Im within 60 days..and resort is booked (I'm not changing it again, after literally 5 resort changes), ADRs are made (and we also got Space 220 and SH71!) and now the boring waiting begins..

We wait for Genie information..:confused3

and wait for the next 49 days to go by..:headache:

sigh :faint:

:rolleyes1

I hate this part of the planning/pre-trip.....Im within 60 days..and resort is booked (I'm not changing it again, after literally 5 resort changes), ADRs are made (and we also got Space 220 and SH71!) and now the boring waiting begins..

We wait for Genie information..:confused3

and wait for the next 49 days to go by..:headache:

sigh :faint:

:rolleyes1

So incredibly true. I had a 2 hour road trip with my son yesterday and we were talking Disney and he asked me what else we had to talk about and do to get ready to go. I told him there really isn’t much more to plan, beyond packing, and he let out a disappointed sigh.

I WANT to plan more but as you mentioned, not much to do until G+ rolls out, which I do believe will be soon.

I plan to watch wait times to see how crowds are responding to the 50th, but I don’t see much sense in it until the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

52 days for me…

So incredibly true. I had a 2 hour road trip with my son yesterday and we were talking Disney and he asked me what else we had to talk about and do to get ready to go. I told him there really isn’t much more to plan, beyond packing, and he let out a disappointed sigh.

I WANT to plan more but as you mentioned, not much to do until G+ rolls out, which I do believe will be soon.

I plan to watch wait times to see how crowds are responding to the 50th, but I don’t see much sense in it until the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

52 days for me…
Yeah - the only thing I may try to do it tweak our ADR for Via Napoli and change it to 15 minutes earlier.....because....why not?? :confused3

and Im SUPER interested to watch and see (1.) how the 50th rolls out with crowds.... and (2.) when Genie rolls out how that is received by everyone and (3.) how they're going to be handling the VQ for ROTR.....and if it stays stand-by or will there really be dates that they revert back to VQ...

that may change my park plan for HS as DH and I have been lucky enough to get ROTR every time so we've ridden it 3xs....so do I skip it this time, and head straight to MMRR and then Slinky, or do I just feel the "need" to do ROTR because I can, and then tackle the lines in the other rides and see what Genie can get me??

Yes! I can’t even think about RotR right now, all it does is stress me out. I’m traveling down for a father/son trip with my 13 year old SW fanatic. I told him that there’s no such thing as a sure thing and we might not be able to get on it but the prospect of that happening is anxiety inducing. I’m just gonna wait and see how it all plays out.

I’m bummed that the months of BG practice may be down the drain, but am excited to see what the paid option will allow. I know that may not be the consensus around here, but for someone in my situation (once in a lifetime trip and only two of us), I’m willing to pay to ride it with my son.

Yes! I can’t even think about RotR right now, all it does is stress me out. I’m traveling down for a father/son trip with my 13 year old SW fanatic. I told him that there’s no such thing as a sure thing and we might not be able to get on it but the prospect of that happening is anxiety inducing. I’m just gonna wait and see how it all plays out.

I’m bummed that the months of BG practice may be down the drain, but am excited to see what the paid option will allow. I know that may not be the consensus around here, but for someone in my situation (once in a lifetime trip and only two of us), I’m willing to pay to ride it with my son.
I know some do hate the idea of a paid ride, but I have 2 co-workers who are taking their younger kids (10 and 6 yr olds) for their 1st Disney trips, and both are HUGE SW fans - and we've had Zoom calls to go over how to get a BG, but now that they might not have to deal with that stress, they're both kinda excited about just buying their way on to the ride so they don't miss out!

Oh man! I am so freaking happy to see this number! Only 10 more days until we have 30 days until our departure!

I started working on our family's vacation shirts this week - I have about 42 shirts to make for the four of us for the week. I know that sounds crazy, but we usually like to change after our midday break. All of our reservations have been made, we even got into Topolino's Terrance, Oga's, and Ohana (dinner).​

Is anyone else having trouble planning with so little information? I feel like I use to have plans finished by now and I keep changing and wondering and not really knowing other than which park I am visiting each day (which I keep changing!)

Is anyone else having trouble planning with so little information? I feel like I use to have plans finished by now and I keep changing and wondering and not really knowing other than which park I am visiting each day (which I keep changing!)

I feel like the only info I’m missing is the dates of the Candlelight Processional, just to see if my Epcot days line up to them. We’ve never seen it so we’d like to at least listen to it from behind the amphitheater if the line is too crazy to wait for seats inside. We don’t want to do the dining package for it - there are too many Festival of the Holidays booths to munch at. I am also looking forward to those menus being published, but that’s just because I love to see what we’re going to be able to try vs. needing them for planning.

What info do you think you need to complete your planning?

I just miss some of the pre-planning. Booking FP+ was fun, now I don't know what the status of Genie+ will be. We are not eating indoors, so no dining reservations to make. Our favorite nighttime show won't be there (Fantasmic) and our usually low-crowd week will likely be packed. No character meets, no parade, long waits for QS meals and long lines.

I'm sure we'll have fun, but it's not feeling as magical as past trips. It's our last WDW trip for a while, so I'm making the most of it.

I feel like the only info I’m missing is the dates of the Candlelight Processional, just to see if my Epcot days line up to them. We’ve never seen it so we’d like to at least listen to it from behind the amphitheater if the line is too crazy to wait for seats inside. We don’t want to do the dining package for it - there are too many Festival of the Holidays booths to munch at. I am also looking forward to those menus being published, but that’s just because I love to see what we’re going to be able to try vs. needing them for planning.

What info do you think you need to complete your planning?

Ill be there the week before Thanksgiving it looks like ill miss out on Epcot Christmas. So mostly I guess it’s waiting for genie plus info.

I just miss some of the pre-planning. Booking FP+ was fun, now I don't know what the status of Genie+ will be. We are not eating indoors, so no dining reservations to make. Our favorite nighttime show won't be there (Fantasmic) and our usually low-crowd week will likely be packed. No character meets, no parade, long waits for QS meals and long lines.

I'm sure we'll have fun, but it's not feeling as magical as past trips. It's our last WDW trip for a while, so I'm making the most of it.

I am the same way. No dining this trip and no FP+ reservations has me feeling like I am forgetting something I guess.
I am definitely going to try to make the most of it. First Christmas trip ever. We usually do September. It’s exciting either way for sure.

I have a few family members who are at a slightly higher risk for COVID and even though we are all fully vaccinated they will decide closer to the time if they feel comfortable going. We have our ADRs and holiday after hours tickets just really want to be able to book the Candlelight Processional dining package and would like full Genie+ info to be released. Also, we will be visiting Sea World on Black Friday and are waiting on the holiday show reserved seating to be available to book so we can get that and one day tickets. Luckily for our few days on Universal property before we head to Disney we do not need any planning.
I bought a few 50th anniversary shirts for us on ShopDisney yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter