"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! So excited to be going on an unexpected "last minute" weekend to Disney to see the processional and go to the MVMCP December 8th thru 11th!! AND...I scored two Wilderness Lodge rooms for my family and in-laws - yay!
I am a DVC member and have been to the party one other time, but I don't think I made the most of it (although I loved it), so I'm hoping to follow this thread so I can plan.

Can someone tell me...
Do they sell special MVMCP magic bands during the party that are undated (no specific year)? Or even regular Christmas/Holiday ones that are undated?

Hi all! So excited to be going on an unexpected "last minute" weekend to Disney to see the processional and go to the MVMCP December 8th thru 11th!! AND...I scored two Wilderness Lodge rooms for my family and in-laws - yay!
I am a DVC member and have been to the party one other time, but I don't think I made the most of it (although I loved it), so I'm hoping to follow this thread so I can plan.

Can someone tell me...
Do they sell special MVMCP magic bands during the party that are undated (no specific year)? Or even regular Christmas/Holiday ones that are undated?

2016, 2015, 2014
http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/disney-magic-bands/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...appy-holidays-2015-disneystore-com-exclusive/

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/disney-magic-bands/limited-editions/olaf-in-winter/

Help! I have a ADR for BOG at 6:30 on party night but have a chance to get one at 4:30. We are wanting to do the fireworks, parade and Mickey/Minnie thing but the M&G are not really our thing. What time would you pick? I think 4:30 may be to early but I don't want to take up to much party time. We will be in the park all day after our big California Grill Brunch (may not be hungry at 4:30).

I would do 4:30pm, but I understand about not being hungry. Typically there's a wait @ BoG so wouldn't be seated before 6:45pm, so wouldn't be out before 8pm????? 1st parade is @ 8:30. Just my thoughts for now....

Hi all! So excited for our party on the 28th!!! I was wondering if anyone knew if there were handicap viewing areas for the castle show, parade and/or fireworks? I know the parade usually has handicap spots roped off for the regular FOF parade so I imagine that would stay the same for the party but just wanted to know if anyone could confirm. Thanks!

We attended the Christmas party last year with my parents and my dad uses an electric scooter. There was definitely a handicapped area during the 2nd parade (I imagine for the first parade as well, but we did not watch that one so I can't confirm) and we were all allowed to sit with him in the viewing area (5 additional people)-- curbside on the hub (on the right as you view the castle). Best seats ever and we didn't have to camp out for them!

I would do 4:30pm, but I understand about not being hungry. Typically there's a wait @ BoG so wouldn't be seated before 6:45pm, so wouldn't be out before 8pm????? 1st parade is @ 8:30. Just my thoughts for now....
Wait... a 4:30pm res might not be seated until 6:45pm? I can't be understanding this right!

Wait... a 4:30pm res might not be seated until 6:45pm? I can't be understanding this right!
The poster @monique5 was quoting was taking about possibly switching ADR from 6:30 to 4:30 and looking for advice. Monique was pointing out that the 6:30 ADR prob wouldn’t get seated until 6:45 or so so she’d take the 4:30. I can see how that might be confusing if you hadn’t read the PP quote.

The poster @monique5 was quoting was taking about possibly switching ADR from 6:30 to 4:30 and looking for advice. Monique was pointing out that the 6:30 ADR prob wouldn’t get seated until 6:45 or so so she’d take the 4:30. I can see how that might be confusing if you hadn’t read the PP quote.
Thank goodness! Cathching up on thread now...

NEWS

MAGIC KINGDOM EXTENDS PARK HOURS FOR SELECT DECEMBER DATES
Walt Disney World has extended the park opening time to 8am on the following days:
  • Sunday, December 10
  • Tuesday, December 12
  • Thursday, December 14
  • Friday, December 15
  • Sunday, December 17
  • Tuesday, December 19
  • Thursday, December 21
  • Friday, December 22
If you were unable to reserve popular FP+ like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight or Enchanted Tales with Belle, you might want to check the 8am to 9am time frame now for these dates!

Glad they did this. I was able to push some fastpasses to earlier times.

Does this mean we can enter the park at 7am on those days?

Walt Disney World extended the park opening time to 8am. CMs may let you enter a few minutes early. Or enter early, then hold in a holding area.

Walt Disney World extended the park opening time to 8am.
Ok. I was thinking on a normal 9am open you could enter early but only up to main street and the hub. Hoping it would be the same option at an 8am opening. I've been working long hours so I may be dreaming up stuff. Haha.

Ok. I was thinking on a normal 9am open you could enter early but only up to main street and the hub. Hoping it would be the same option at an 8am opening. I've been working long hours so I may be dreaming up stuff. Haha.
Yes, I would assume Main Street would open at 7 those days. I believe that’s how it worked over the summer.

NEWS

What you need to know about the new 6pm closings on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights.
Although the park closes at 6pm, day guests who are not attending the party will still be able to stay on Main Street U.S.A. until 7pm for shopping, dining and to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which takes place at 6:15pm (I'll check on this, yesterday's report indicated 6:30pm & 8:15pm---which I think is correct).

From 6pm, only guests with party wristbands will be able to enter attraction lines.

To make up for the lost hour in the evening, the Magic Kingdom will be opening at 8am on party days (reported earlier this morning).

As in previous years, guests with tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be able to enter the park at 4pm.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-nights.htm

NEWS

What you need to know about the new 6pm closings on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights.
Although the park closes at 6pm, day guests who are not attending the party will still be able to stay on Main Street U.S.A. until 7pm for shopping, dining and to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which takes place at 6:15pm (I'll check on this, yesterday's report indicated 6:30pm & 8:15pm---which I think is correct).

From 6pm, only guests with party wristbands will be able to enter attraction lines.

To make up for the lost hour in the evening, the Magic Kingdom will be opening at 8am on party days (reported earlier this morning).

As in previous years, guests with tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be able to enter the park at 4pm.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-nights.htm
loving all your news and updates today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter