"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

What you need to know about the new 6pm closings on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights.
Although the park closes at 6pm, day guests who are not attending the party will still be able to stay on Main Street U.S.A. until 7pm for shopping, dining and to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which takes place at 6:15pm (I'll check on this, yesterday's report indicated 6:30pm & 8:15pm---which I think is correct).

From 6pm, only guests with party wristbands will be able to enter attraction lines.

To make up for the lost hour in the evening, the Magic Kingdom will be opening at 8am on party days (reported earlier this morning).

As in previous years, guests with tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be able to enter the park at 4pm.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-nights.htm
Only thing about this is the chance for those trying to get one over and stay for parade for "free" still have access to park until 7 and to try to slip through CM cracks.

Only thing about this is the chance for those trying to get one over and stay for parade for "free" still have access to park until 7 and to try to slip through CM cracks.
I did notice it only said Main Street and the hub castle area would be avail to day guests so perhaps they plan to push everyone out of the lands and toward the hub/Main Street starting at 6? Then at 7 they could sweep the hub and Main Street? Though I’be read on here about seeing lots of people staying when the parties start to try and see fireworks/parade/etc I personally haven’t witnessed it. Perhaps I’ve just been lucky on my party nights.

Yes, I would assume Main Street would open at 7 those days. I believe that’s how it worked over the summer.

This opening procedure at 8am is what I'm not sure about. I've been trying to find out myself if on 8am open days Main Street opened at 7, but have only seen people share that for the 8am openings they were held at the train station until 7:45 (like the old way). I hope they open at 7 so I can get a cup of coffee before rushing! Anyone have first hand experience?

I did notice it only said Main Street and the hub castle area would be avail to day guests so perhaps they plan to push everyone out of the lands and toward the hub/Main Street starting at 6? Then at 7 they could sweep the hub and Main Street? Though I’be read on here about seeing lots of people staying when the parties start to try and see fireworks/parade/etc I personally haven’t witnessed it. Perhaps I’ve just been lucky on my party nights.
Yea that is the "hope" but some people will stay in the Main Street shops and then head out into the crowds on Main Street in anticipation of the parade and try to blend in. Hopefully an hour and half is ample time to get everyone out.

This opening procedure at 8am is what I'm not sure about. I've been trying to find out myself if on 8am open days Main Street opened at 7, but have only seen people share that for the 8am openings they were held at the train station until 7:45 (like the old way). I hope they open at 7 so I can get a cup of coffee before rushing! Anyone have first hand experience?

Main Street generally opens between 7:35 and 7:45 on 8am opens with the Welcome Show at the castle at 7:55. Each land is roped off until 8

Ok - so I will not be attending the party this year, but at my 180 day window, thinking attractions would end at 7 for us like every other year, I booked a res at LTT for 635. Tried to change it closer to 6... nothing. With an early close for the party, our goal was to spend as much time while the park was open on attractions (who can blame us), then grabbing dinner to avoid the mad rush out at 7pm. So now we'll line up for the last attraction of the night just before 6 then try to check-in a little early at LTT, no big deal. We have no intentions nor desire to be squatters on the MVMCP parade/events.

So those of you wrist-band checkers, please know there will be some folks leaving LTT around 7:30 or somewhere near that time depending on how fast we are seating...., and we mean you no harm... :worship:.

John

Ok - so I will not be attending the party this year, but at my 180 day window, thinking attractions would end at 7 for us like every other year, I booked a res at LTT for 635. Tried to change it closer to 6... nothing. With an early close for the party, our goal was to spend as much time while the park was open on attractions (who can blame us), then grabbing dinner to avoid the mad rush out at 7pm. So now we'll line up for the last attraction of the night just before 6 then try to check-in a little early at LTT, no big deal. We have no intentions nor desire to be squatters on the MVMCP parade/events.

So those of you wrist-band checkers, please know there will be some folks leaving LTT around 7:30 or somewhere near that time depending on how fast we are seating...., and we mean you no harm... :worship:.

John
LOL - I think we all get some people will remain but for those with ADR's they walk you out of the park to avoid people who "may mean us harm"

One thing, I thought that this year they changed the ADR rules and if you didn't have a party ticket couldn't book reservations past a certain time, which I thought I saw was 6 - I may be wrong though.

LOL - I think we all get some people will remain but for those with ADR's they walk you out of the park to avoid people who "may mean us harm"

One thing, I thought that this year they changed the ADR rules and if you didn't have a party ticket couldn't book reservations past a certain time, which I thought I saw was 6 - I may be wrong though.

I don't think they changed as i was able to book reservations during party days where I didn't have tickets (was trying to grab things for some friends). You just couldn't book them from the regular restaurant page and had to purposely go to the MVMCP dining page to book them.

I don't think they changed as i was able to book reservations during party days where I didn't have tickets (was trying to grab things for some friends). You just couldn't book them from the regular restaurant page and had to purposely go to the MVMCP dining page to book them.
Yes but I believe that it stated that you would need a MVMCP ticket in order to get any ADR after the 6pm start time.

NEWS

What you need to know about the new 6pm closings on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party nights.
Although the park closes at 6pm, day guests who are not attending the party will still be able to stay on Main Street U.S.A. until 7pm for shopping, dining and to see A Frozen Holiday Wish which takes place at 6:15pm (I'll check on this, yesterday's report indicated 6:30pm & 8:15pm---which I think is correct).

From 6pm, only guests with party wristbands will be able to enter attraction lines.

To make up for the lost hour in the evening, the Magic Kingdom will be opening at 8am on party days (reported earlier this morning).

As in previous years, guests with tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will be able to enter the park at 4pm.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mick...mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-nights.htm
So...dining I am assuming is limited to QS, making the 6-7pm hour a good time to avoid places like Casey's? ;) Also, now that the day guests will basically all be hovering in the Main Street area from 6-7pm, is it likely the backstage area will be open for party guests to get into the park? I'm looking forward to hearing how this all plays out after people attend the first party.

Yes but I believe that it stated that you would need a MVMCP ticket in order to get any ADR after the 6pm start time.

Definitely not the case, at least when I booked the res. I booked from the normal reservation page. Just to be sure, I checked my plans again, and it definitely is 6:35. But Maybe they changed it after but decided not to cancel my res? I hope I don't have a problem with getting there and the restaurant is closed. Can LTT be booked during the party for party guests as well? Not that it would be a good use of party time, but who knows some may want to...

Here's the one thing that's a bit confusing about that. The only restaurants listed on the MVMCP Dining page as requiring a party ticket are BOG, CRT and CP. So, I guess we have to assume that if people were allowed to make a dining reservation at LTT, the Plaza, or Tony's between 6 and 7, regardless of having a party ticket? The MVMCP page does say, "
Dining reservations are available from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM and are strongly recommended. Reserve your table by calling (407) 939-3463 or (407) WDW-DINE.

Please note: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets are required to book dinner or dessert event reservations. No exceptions will be made. " but like I said, only BOG, CRT and CP are listed on that page for dining. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...eys-very-merry-christmas-party-table-service/

I don't have dinner reservations in MK at all, so it doesn't affect me much, just found it interesting/confusing how Disney handled this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter