"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

We have not been to MVMCP since 2010 and are so excited to be back again this year! This will be the first time with our 2 boys (4 and 1) and I'm expecting we'll be stopping for some of the special character meet & greets this time around...I'm thinking my oldest will want to see the seven dwarfs. From past experience, what time should we get in line and how long can we expect to wait?

Two years ago we got in line for the Dwarfs about 8:30ish and waited 45 minutes. The only bad thing about that was that we were in line during Holiday Wishes, but we could actually see the fireworks pretty well from the line.

If you want to do the special characters, be prepared to spend a lot of time in line for them. We waited almost an hour for Scrooge McDuck.

This will be our first Christmas trip! We will actually be arriving on Christmas Day! I know no party, but any ideas what I can expect? Besides extreme crowds! Any advice?

When do you think the dates will be announced if they released them february last year? What days do they usually do them? We have been nov 29 2007 and nov 29 2011, so was hoping to do nov 29 again & is a tuesday this year.

When do you think the dates will be announced if they released them february last year? What days do they usually do them? We have been nov 29 2007 and nov 29 2011, so was hoping to do nov 29 again & is a tuesday this year.
Usually the parties are held on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

Last year, the specific dates for the MNSSHP and MVMCP were included on the Epcot Flower and Garden brochure. So there was no reason to not announce them early. Yesterday, it was reported that this year's brochure did not include dates. So they may be announced "any day", or possibly revert back to the late April, early May announcements from previous years. We are also hoping they don't change their "typical" schedule, because we were hoping to go on Sunday, November 13th.

Actually am hoping for a Party the Friday or Sunday before Thanksgiving. Hope they release dates soon so I can start looking for Hotels, etc

Mom and I will be attending our first Christmas Party this year! We're very excited! Our last attempt at a Disney Party (MNSSHP 2015) was a bust due to lots of rain but we're keeping our fingers crossed for clear skies this year!!

Well I don't know if it means anything but I've been checking the Disney website under tickets, special events, several times a day for the last few weeks, anxiously awaiting release of party dates. Under the Halloween party it has check back for select dates in 2016 and said that for weeks, but the Christmas party section has always said 2015, until yesterday! Twice yesterday it changed to 2016 and changed back to 2015 later. This morning it was back on 2015. I swear I checked and double checked when it changed, after it changed back to 2015 I thought I was seeing things and imagined seeing the 2016, but it was there again last night. Hopefully this means they are working on loading the dates to the website!

We plan on going again this year. Last year's was so much fun! Kind of bummed they haven't announced the dates yet since they did so early last year.

I only have 5 day tickets so figure I will purchase the MVMCP and use that as my 2nd day at MK. Then I can repeat either Epcot or AK on my existing tickets! Can hardly wait for the schedule to come out. This will be a once-in-a-lifetime event! My DD and DSIL bought a house in southern California so future trips will be to DL rather than WDW.

This will be our first holiday trip and can't wait. Have enjoyed MNSSHP a couple times and can only imagine wonderful MVMCP will be.

We are a little bummed that we will never see the Osborne lights. Missed it by one year.:sad1:

Have any of you been to the first party after Thanksgiving? Or do any of you know how popular it is?

I'm so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!