"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Party tonight and putting togetherness a plan. How long is Mickey merry Christmas show at the castle and I believe the tomorrowland show is 20 minutes

If there is no Once Upon a Time on party nights , is there a strong reason to see the fireworks from the front of the castle? Is there any castle projection at all or just fireworks?

In past, we've watched Celebrate the Magic then the fireworks. Without projection, i think I'm not going to stress about where we are when the fireworks happen. Pretty much just look up or am I missing something?

No projections BUT the hub/castle area give you arguably the BEST (and perhaps only) vantage point for the full 180 degree fireworks that happen at certain parts. Also I'd argue the "head on" view where you can get the full visual of long range and close range fireworks makes for a better show. I also find the audio in the castle/hub area to be FANTASTIC.

For some persepective, I'm totally fine with not watching regular Wishes from the castle/hub, in fact I tend to avoid it. But party fireworks? Castle/hub is the ONLY option for me.

Also FWIW, I was at the 11/29 party and didn't find the hub area too crowded at all. Plenty of places to watch the fireworks.

Thanks. We leave on Wednesday too. I was sad to see that Friday looks like the only cold day of our trip. Oh well. We're from Michigan and a few inches of snow fell yesterday. 46 degrees will probably feel like a Spring Day :). I was still thinking about getting on some of those roller coasters with the wind. My kids will want to get on rides no matter how cold it is. Maybe the weather will keep some folks from buying tickets at the last minute and staying late. I guess we'll see!

I suspect that for those of us from the north, it won't feel as cold. Last I saw was lows in the forties on Friday.

You guys are scaring me. We are going Thursday night. The low is 59°. I was just planning on wearing a light sweater. We are from northern Virginia so it can get cold up here. Jacket weather doesn't start until the low 40s.

You guys are scaring me. We are going Thursday night. The low is 59°. I was just planning on wearing a light sweater. We are from northern Virginia so it can get cold up here. Jacket weather doesn't start until the low 40s.
We're from NOVA as well. Weather for Thurs looks like a low of 54, which is better than we have right now up here! lol I'm only bringing a hoodie to wear if it gets chilly on our party night, next Tues.. my kids LIVE in shorts, even in the snow so I know they'll be fine!

The only thing to keep in mind is that you'll be doing a lot of sitting or standing outside. I'm also from a northern state but temperatures that are ok to walk to and from the car without any winter wear is a lot different than being outside for hours at a time. Just something to thinking about. Still might not be cold for you.

The only thing to keep in mind is that you'll be doing a lot of sitting or standing outside. I'm also from a northern state but temperatures that are ok to walk to and from the car without any winter wear is a lot different than being outside for hours at a time. Just something to thinking about. Still might not be cold for you.
We area coming from Pa and will be at the party that day. i have warm sweathshirts for us if needed and those cheap little stretchy gloves that if we lose I wont' care. Sweatshirts have hoods if needed.

We went to the party on the 4th. Main street was full by 7 for the parade. We went to frontierland near hallof presidents and by 730 curb seating was gone. All rides were walk on except pp was 30 minutes. 7d was walk on. We noticed Judy was out at 6. I saw the line was short.

I would appreciate some advice as DS has announced that other than eating his weight in SnoCones and riding Space multiple times in his glow-in-the-dark PJs again, the only things he wants to do at our party is to meet Sandy Claws and the Zootopia gang. Of course, other than the dwarves, he picked the least convenient combination lol. So, how would this possibly sound-

5:30 DH gets in line for Jack, DS and I head back to BLT and heat up some leftovers for an early dinner- I have a feeling this is too late to get in line. Is this too late? Last year, we got in line at 4:00 and were done by 5:00-ish with him, but I realize this year is late for him coming out. We can relieve DH, who can run back and eat and come back.
7:30 be done with Jack, get in line for Nick and Judy?
8:30 parade...now this is seeming less and less realistic.

I'm stumped as to how to organize this. He wants parade and rides too...but he won't last past maybe 10:30 and I don't want to spend the whole time lining up. I thought I read somewhere that the Zootopia pair has a shorter lineup later on...is this still the case?

I've read here that the snow is on Mainstreet only, but a friend just went on Friday and said it only snowed in the Flag Pole area...which doesn't seem right to me. Is there anyone that has gone this year that can clear this up? Where is the snow and when does it happen? Parade only?

We'll be at MVMCP on Dec. 11 & just added Dec. 13th! Really hoping that neither is a sell out! Though expensive, we figured the whole point of our trip is to see Disney at Christmas! Maybe we'll see you there!

Oh yay! Another crazy family doing two parties! :) I went ahead and bought the second set of tickets today. Our plan is to stake out a great Main Street spot by 7:30 or so for the Sunday parade and make sure we have a good spot for fireworks too. Then on Tuesday we can focus on the rides and maybe make sure we see the stage show. I can't wait!

We went to the party on the 4th. Main street was full by 7 for the parade. We went to frontierland near hallof presidents and by 730 curb seating was gone. All rides were walk on except pp was 30 minutes. 7d was walk on. We noticed Judy was out at 6. I saw the line was short.

By 7?! Man, that's early. If you stake out a spot that early you can't see the stage stows from Main Street, can you? You just have to keep yourself entertained I guess!

Oh yay! Another crazy family doing two parties! :) I went ahead and bought the second set of tickets today. Our plan is to stake out a great Main Street spot by 7:30 or so for the Sunday parade and make sure we have a good spot for fireworks too. Then on Tuesday we can focus on the rides and maybe make sure we see the stage show. I can't wait!

Good choice! I loved the year we did two Halloween parties. I felt crazy doing it too, but so worth it for our park and party style.

Lol, you guys are funny. Our high next week Wednesday is 4 in Wisconsin. I'll take 59 any day!! We arrive on the 20th and will be attending the party on the 22nd. Love all of your posts and reviews. It makes us very excited for our trip!!

I've read here that the snow is on Mainstreet only, but a friend just went on Friday and said it only snowed in the Flag Pole area...which doesn't seem right to me. Is there anyone that has gone this year that can clear this up? Where is the snow and when does it happen? Parade only?

Sorry but your friend is mistaken. Most heavy snow was all along Main St from
Caseys to the Confectionary. Flag pole gets some residual snow blown toward it, as well as other parts of Town Square.

By 7?! Man, that's early. If you stake out a spot that early you can't see the stage stows from Main Street, can you? You just have to keep yourself entertained I guess!

Perhaps this seemed that way because of the crowds leaving? They are funneled from all areas toward Main St at 7:00 but often linger. I have to think a lot of people are stragglers who didn't get to stay for the parade. Curb seats probably are gone though.

We'll be going to the parties on 12/11 and 12/13 as well. Hope to see you there. Look for the big guy in a Santa hockey jersey and that will be me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter