Official March Trip Reports

Yahoo! I got into Lake Louisa tonight for tomorrow night!

I had booked Stephen Foster SP around Lake City because LLSP was booked full with mostly snowbirds. For two weeks checking several times a day no site available for Sunday night. In checking tonight, ONE was available. Nabbed it! :yay:

That means I have to drive a little further tomorrow but then can lazily mosey over to the Fort on Monday morning.

Cool. That means the drive tomorrow can run on a familiar autopilot. :drive:

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Good catch Ed. Ed please swing by site 1402 and bring some extra peanuts or sunflower seeds the occupant seems to need a friendly familiar face and some therapy animal time wouldn't hurt either

Loaded up in driveway waiting for DW to move her car. Rained here last night and might have to drive thru it on way south.

Sprung clocks forward this morning. Will wake up in Eastern time zone tmrw and will spring fwd again.

I may need a wake up call Tues morn for DHS rope drop.

Bama Ed

Man! Last night was a blur. I remember the second plate at the dessert party and a cup of coffee. Next thing I remember I was being blasted with cold water on Splash Mountain at 11:30 last night.

Never, ever, go without eating all day and then go to a dessert party. My wife says I was bouncing off the walls. She said Big Thunder had a 45 minute wait, but I got through it in 10.

We did stay at MK until closing so we slept in this morning.

Currently I'm setting up my site. No plans for today, I'll wing it.

Ed, glad to hear you scored that site at LL. You should be on the road so safe travels and I'll see you soon.

Sounds like a down day is very much called for. Losing ones memories of large gap of time is a serious problem. Maybe you should just, Confer, converse, and otherwise hob-nob with your fellow wizards. Get a little Therapy animal time to recharge the batteries

Met up with @CDNCruiser and they are a great couple. Got 3 well mannered dogs that of course the girls flocked to. Great meeting you guys and hopefully we'll cross paths again this week.

Well, I have now secured the Traveling Firepit and looking forward to trying it out this upcoming week.

Oh yeah CDN, I ran into Nelson right after I left your site. For those of you who don't remember, Nelson is one of the CMs here at the Fort that we've grown to know well over the years. Great guy and always offering to help and clean the site or just laugh and joke.

Met up with @CDNCruiser and they are a great couple. Got 3 well mannered dogs that of course the girls flocked to. Great meeting you guys and hopefully we'll cross paths again this week.

Well, I have now secured the Traveling Firepit and looking forward to trying it out this upcoming week.

Oh yeah CDN, I ran into Nelson right after I left your site. For those of you who don't remember, Nelson is one of the CMs here at the Fort that we've grown to know well over the years. Great guy and always offering to help and clean the site or just laugh and joke.
Glad you met up with CDNCruiser, Tiggerdad. They are great people. If you get a chance check out their trip reports. Hope you enjoy the travelling fire pit, we provided a home for it in January. Look forward to following along on your trip report (pictures or not).

I appreciate him checking on me there Mike. Great guy that El Angie Mystro is. Sorry to hear what happened to his aardvark. Send my sympathies will you?

Spent today working on site and touring around. This evening we went over to the Boardwalk and at dinner at Big River. Pretty good by my standards. I had the Cajun pasta which was quite good. Only thing that could of been better was if it had come with some bread of some sort. Can't get The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream this trip. No openings during our stay that would be convenient.

I can hear the boat whistles at the Marina.

They are getting wild and crazy over at the outdoor movie.

Heading for AK tomorrow.

Well we have arrived for tonight at Lake Louisa. It was about a 10.5 hr drive this time (an hour longer than normal). I tried to slow roll it so the traffic troubles on I75 could dies down but it did eventually catch up to me. The last 40 miles down to the Turnpike took an hour. Briefly i considered detouring but we had no plans for tonight. We brought some cold pizza from home for dinner in the cooler and as the driver I am EXTREMELY happy to be horizontal on the bunk while DIS'sing.

In the morning we will coast over to the Fort and begin the US-North Korea negotiations on checking in and using the Force to weaken the mind of the CM when they go to choose a site for me. I expect to be in overflow for a while (double checked my cell number and it's correct so I should receive a text when it's time).

Lake Louisa was really pretty at late sunset as we arrived. It is full but luckily our site is near a comfort station. It was too dark for pix of the campsite but they have installed two large posts about 7 feet out of the ground with eye bolts in them behind each site. The posts are about 20 feet apart and my speculation is that it's for hammocks and such to keep the load off the tree trunks. They are too sturdy to be for laundry lines. Maybe they've been here on past trips but I just now noticed them.

Slight chance of rain over night and into the morning hours per Accuweather right now. Gonna turn in a little early tonight and catch up on some sleep after moving all these clocks around.

Bama Ed

J'arrive.

In the overflow lot. Requested 1500 and one will become available today so now we wait. Time for my breakfast of greek yogurt and diet coke. Sprinkled rain a little bit on drive in this morning but just fast moving gray clouds currently as sun comes up.

DD will drive over to meet us this morning.

20180312_072843.jpeg

Bama Ed

Ps - main and overflow parking lots kinda empty to be honest. Many spots available.

Last edited:
Ed thank you for reminding us all on how much one may have to give up to be a helicopter parent, Your sacrifices have not gone unnoticed.

Well we have arrived for tonight at Lake Louisa. It was about a 10.5 hr drive this time (an hour longer than normal). I tried to slow roll it so the traffic troubles on I75 could dies down but it did eventually catch up to me. The last 40 miles down to the Turnpike took an hour. Briefly i considered detouring but we had no plans for tonight. We brought some cold pizza from home for dinner in the cooler and as the driver I am EXTREMELY happy to be horizontal on the bunk while DIS'sing.

In the morning we will coast over to the Fort and begin the US-North Korea negotiations on checking in and using the Force to weaken the mind of the CM when they go to choose a site for me. I expect to be in overflow for a while (double checked my cell number and it's correct so I should receive a text when it's time).

Lake Louisa was really pretty at late sunset as we arrived. It is full but luckily our site is near a comfort station. It was too dark for pix of the campsite but they have installed two large posts about 7 feet out of the ground with eye bolts in them behind each site. The posts are about 20 feet apart and my speculation is that it's for hammocks and such to keep the load off the tree trunks. They are too sturdy to be for laundry lines. Maybe they've been here on past trips but I just now noticed them.

Slight chance of rain over night and into the morning hours per Accuweather right now. Gonna turn in a little early tonight and catch up on some sleep after moving all these clocks around.

Bama Ed

The posts were there when we camped last year. We thought they were there to hang lanterns on or for a clothes line. I never thought of a hammock, but they are perfect for that. Could also be horse tie outs as they do have a lot of equestrian campers. They had the same ones at Alafia and that is what we were told they were there.
lk louisa3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter