Official March Trip Reports

... Hey!

I got a squirrel on the picnic table! I'll have to figure out which tribe is in charge over here as this is out of my jurisdiction.
WHAT ???? Are we being lead to believe that there is a segment of the population that has gone Rogue and is disloyal to the administration? Off with their heads

Glad you made it tiggerdad!

Yeah, that part of Highway 27 where they are expanding the 2-lane to a 4-lane goes past Lake Louisa SP as well but I normally hit it at night coming late after the gate is locked and leave out early about 6am to get to the Fort the next morning so traffic is rarely an issue at those times. I should have warned you.

We attended our nephew's wedding rehearsal dinner tonight and the ensuing wedding ceremony is tomorrow night. Then we will be "all clear" to head out Sunday morning and make our overnight spot before pulling into the Fort early Monday morning.

:hourglass Tick tock...

Bama Ed

PS - based on the forecast change, I'm going to throw the electric blankets in the Aliner. Forecast Monday-Friday next week is highs in the low 70s and lows in the 40s. But no threat of rain currently (sunny it says Wed-Thur-Fri). So that's a fair trade.

Yeah Ed, while sitting in traffic we did get some views of Lake Louisa. When you're on one of the hills you can see a portion of it pretty good. All and all traffic not that bad I'm just used to driving through the night so this was my first trip pulling camper and daylight hours.

Our plan is to get up and out around 6am. The folks here at Thousand Trails did us right. They are very nice and when you check in they lead you to your site. Again, the place is huge. I'd like to try Lake Louisa next time, but if not, I'll be back here. Thanks again @2goofycampers .

I do have a water heater issue, but I'm working on that and the comfort station proximity may be a need when I check in so it could lead to some site changes.

Off to bed.

PS. The squirrels here aren't as interactive as Fort Squirrels nor are they as cunning. I was feeding a pair of them. At the Fort this is when I would of been robbed blind by the sneaky rodents, but these squirrels just look at you and occasionally scratch themselves and that's about it. Retirement home maybe?

Hey, at least I still got the Dis pics I can post! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana: :dancer: :squirrel:

Still in overflow. Had a really nice Zephyr park beside us. Guy wearing a traditional crimson colored shirt with the white swish "A" so I knew he was cool.

I give a loud "Roll tide" which he responded to and came over. Turns out he's from Tuscaloosa. ED physician working in Tupelo, MS who works with some physicians that I know. Small world...after all.

Spent 6 hours in overflow. Told them at the desk "I'll take first premium available as long as it ISN'T the 1400 loop. Seeing folks who came in after me going to their sites left and right. 6 hours?

I call the desk. "I'm sorry, didn't you get your email and text?"

Would I be calling if I had?

Turns out it had been ready for a while. Great! Forget the waiting, send it on to me!

What do I get? 1401

You had one job...

Get to 1400...won't fit. Not too short, but they moved the water pedestal right up against the concrete and halfway down site. My slides won't let out. Call the desk and now I'm mad. By person #2 I'm livid. He said "It's time to start making this day better. How about 1402 right next to you?"

I'll take it.

So 1402 it is. At least my furry friends are waiting.

Oh yeah, did I mention Disney sent an email changing my 7 Dwarves from 3pm to 7:30? Did I mention I have a 7pm dinner reservation?

Sounds like the fecal matter is forcibly encountering the rotating, oscillating atmospheric circulating device at every opportunity during the day. Hope things only get better from this point on

It's ok. You're at the Fort. Once the atmosphere starts kicking in everything will be fine. Sounds like you are right across from our September site (1404). The sites were bigger on the outside of the loop.

I'd just show up for the 7DMT FP after dinner and explain what they did. They will let you in.

j

If 1402 is the second site on the right of the outer loop (which I think it is), that's Flametamr's site that he had this past Halloween. I would cruise over in my golf cart with dad and pick up Joe and his daughter to go looping and see the decorations. Bus stop is very close just behind you.

Don't feel bad. When DD and I came through the Fort on the way up from Key Largo this past January, I had a similar check-in experience. Sitting in the overflow lot, people around me going to their site before I was. Finally went into the lobby to complain - and it turned out I had entered my cellphone number wrong during the early check-in process (so somebody in Alabama with a similar number got my site announcement text). I know it's hard to believe I could make such a similar mistake but...

giphy.gif

So take a deep breath and relax.

See you later this week.

Bama Ed

Tiggerdad, we had the same problem in Jan. Waited at least 4 hours went back to the desk at official check I. Time and they were like didn’t you get the text. Nope, was ready when we got there. I know because it was another dissed who pulled out that morning at 7 am.

Still in overflow. Had a really nice Zephyr park beside us. Guy wearing a traditional crimson colored shirt with the white swish "A" so I knew he was cool.

I give a loud "Roll tide" which he responded to and came over. Turns out he's from Tuscaloosa. ED physician working in Tupelo, MS who works with some physicians that I know. Small world...after all.

Wow, small world. I had an uncle (passed away a couple years ago) that was the head of the Physical Therapy department in Tupelo.

Since our passes will be blacked out during our visit we made a quick day trip to the Flower and Garden festival today. It gets more and more like food and wine and less and less like an actual garden show. Years ago they had lots of Garden vendors and displays, now mostly food. But that's ok because I do enjoy food.:P. Lots of good eats, especially the warm chocolate cake with Carmel sauce and toasted pecans. Oh yeah, and had to have the pineapple soft serve with coconut rum. I guess they don't have Dole as sponsor, so it's not called a Dole whip, but it was basically the same.
They were also filming a Steve Harvey show.
IMG_20180310_120909414_HDR.jpg IMG_20180310_124718849_HDR.jpg IMG_20180310_124905908.jpg IMG_20180310_132059844.jpg FG 2018.jpg fg 2 2018.jpg fg 3 2018.jpg fg 4 2018.jpg fg 5 2018.jpg fg 6 2018.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter