Official March Trip Reports

Only two more days. We check in Tuesday, probably around 5pm. Wish it could be earlier, but Greg has to work. Sister and her family are already there and waiting. Will post pictures of site and fill you all in when we get settled. Looks like nice weather for the week with just one day with a rain chance.

Lildancer,

The activities sheet usually comes out right at the end of the prior month. Since Easter is April 1 this year, that is cutting it VERY close.

I doubt we get an on-line version anywhere on the interwebz before 4/1 (although I would love to be wrong).

If I were in your shoes, I would go with last year's schedule and be flexible when you arrive and find out things might have changed.

Bama Ed

PS - last year's schedule: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...le-update-church-times.3594405/#post-57356474

PPS - people ask the same kind of questions regarding what movies will play on what days early in the month. It's all a function of when the data is released. Sometimes the data is released a couple days prior to the end of the month. Sometimes, it's not.
Thank you! I didn’t see a candy scramble on last years schedule, and we were there the week before Easter, so I’ve been that annoying person posting every week or so to find out if it’s been posted!

I doubt we get an on-line version anywhere on the interwebz before 4/1 (although I would love to be wrong).

:dance3:Yes! I am wrong. < fistpump > :jumping1:

Terri, thanks to you and Doug.

amcc, Our prayers for your Dad's surgery will be a success & his healing will be quick. Cancer is not nice! Been there done that. If possible, please keep us informed on his progress!! I do hope you can make the Fort for much needed rest & fun.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Today, TODAY, the surgeon postponed his surgery for 12 days because some equipment he needed wasnt available. I’m so disappointed for my father - he’s so nervous about this big operation, had had his pre-op done, and now he has to wait again and I hate how he’s anxious and scared for longer. And (Small voice), I’m annoyed that they just figured his out and I cancelled our trip 3 days ago :(. I want to pout about all of it.

Anyways, if the weather is anything like it’s here in Miami, camping must be perfect. About the activities, I did see that they were having Easter services at the Contemporary again. We try to get there a little early and enjoy their Easter activities too. Word of advice...the monorail took over an hour to clear out everyone after mass. Think of alternate transportation out.

We will remember your dad in our prayers this Sunday at Easter Mass, amcc. It was our pleasure to see your family again leaving Easter Mass at the Contemp a few years ago (was it 2016?).

I hope you keep your family tradition going next year and visit the Fort whenever-Easter-weekend-is-in-2019.

Bama Ed

amcc,

Several of us here are medical professionals. I'm so sorry to hear about the delay. If the reason they gave you is legitimate, remember, you will want them to have everything they need. The Fort will wait. Support your dad through this and the rest will fall into place.

If there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.

j

So, I'm running a couple of days behind in my posts. As I mentioned, site 332 is a bit tight.
7038.jpeg
Sunday was AK and it was a beautiful day.
7047.jpeg
We love FoP, but the last time DW & I rode it, we both felt a little queasy (actually, DW says we thought were going to die). This time we both took motion sickness meds and felt fine after riding. We also rode EE and the safari.
7041.jpeg 7044.jpeg
For the first time ever, we made it down to the campfire and sing-a-long. Didn't stay for the movie, but had a lot of fun.
7050.jpeg

Now, on to Monday. A co-worker convinced me that I had to try Tonga Toast, so we picked up an ADR for Kona Cafe for Monday morning. Took the path from the back of 300 loop to the marinas area to catch the boat to Contemporary, then monorail to the Poly. Saw these guys on the path.
7060.jpeg
Tonga Toast is a hit!
7057.jpeg
Continued on the monorail to Epcot after breakfast.
7062.jpeg
We had FP+ forTest Track, the Land, and the Sea, and picked up a Soarin' for later in the evening. Though we weren't really looking, we found the Pluto egg.
7065.jpeg
We made our way around the countries and sampled several dishes from the outdoor kitchens. Used our APs to get seats for the Garden Rocks concert, which was the Little River Band. They put on a nice show under a slight rain sprinkle.
7067.jpeg
DD will fly in on Wednesday morning, so we will have another chance to complete our Flower & Garden Festival Passport booklets.

dalir, boy you're not kidding. You're awning isn't even all the way out, is it?

Finally caught up to today with my posts. We drove to HS this morning where we had FP+ for RnR, ToT, and Indiana Jones. DW hasn't ridden RnR in years, ever since someone (me) told her it didn't have any loops. Finally got her back on it today and she says out was fun, but she wanted to stop for a donut (one of the highway signs is for donuts).

You can see the gondola supports in the HS parking lot.
7071.jpeg
HS is not our favorite park, and with the crowds this week, we were wondering what it would be like. It was crowded, but things moved well, and there was a beautiful breeze all day that made it quite pleasant. We had a surprisingly good time.

We left HS and went to DS for the first time ever. Had an amazing dinner at Art Smith's Homecoming. DW finally got her donuts when she (and I, and DS) ordered chicken and donuts. It was fantastic!
7073.jpeg
Oh, and the moonshine margarita was pretty good too!

Time for bed since MK is open til 2:00am on Wednesday and it will be DDs first day with us.

dalir, boy you're not kidding. You're awning isn't even all the way out, is it?
I'm not sure it's even half way out. My slide was a few inches to long to fit between the water and power posts on the other side, so this was about the best I could do.

Got here a little later than I hoped yesterday, so we got the last full hook site available, 1711. Favorite loop, but the site is right up against the road. Nice site except road noise, but will get used to it. Sister is in the 1600 loop, so that is good, they are right across the road. Did some fishing this morning, Greg caught 4, me zero . Just finished breakfast and heading back to canal to try again.
IMG_20180328_071021048.jpg IMG_20180328_071838521.jpg IMG_20180328_071842860.jpg IMG_1078.JPG IMG_1080.JPG IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1079.JPG IMG_20180328_081032645_HDR.jpg

Getting excited, headed to toward the Fort on Friday, stop over at Jekyll Island then on to FtW Saturday !

He said the surveying being done at River Country site is going to beDVC at Fort Wilderness.

Oh this is interesting to me. We are DVC members and we just bought a trailer, maybe by the time we can take the time to go from west coast to east coast, this would be ready and we could use our points. Unless, it's a lodge or building and not campsites :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter