***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

9 DAYS!! party:

I just keep looking at my countdown app and feeling giddy. This month has flown by, and now I'm almost at Disney!!

I should probably start packing ....
I already have a box with most of the misc stuff in it. And all my Disney clothes that are not in my day to day rotation!

I was looking for this thread awhile ago and could not find it so stopped searching until coming upon it today. We’re in the home stretch now!!

My kids play high school ball at ESPN during their spring break so this will be our third year at WDW to watch them play.

Our dates are March 23-30. DH and I are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek condos for third year in a row. Never thought I’d stay at a non Disney owned property but we will never go back to double or triple the price for a small one room hotel room now that we’ve stayed at WBC. Kids are each staying with their teams at Caribbean Beach and they will join us at WBC after their respective teams fly home for some family time.

I too was surprised at flight prices and how quickly SW sold out the primo flights home. However I was able to use points on SW for me and DH and points on American for all for flight home.

DH and I have 2 hopper day tickets. I’m not a hopper so we’ll see how this goes. I will be booking some fast passes in a few days and we’ll see how that goes. I’m also going to play around more this time with the refresh/modify buttons while at the parks.

This is my only vacay of the year and I’m no longer a fan of the workings of the Disney parks so I purchased AK extra hour tickets for me and DD In order to be assured DD can ride the couple rides she likes over and over and I’m looking forward to enjoying a low level crowd evening event at AK I hear Pandora at night is gorgeous.

I also purchased MK extra hour tickets for all four of us to enjoy all the rides and low crowds.

I’ve only made two dining reservations both at DD’s request Skippers and Tiffins. I’m still looking at some sort of World showcase dinner for just me and DH on our EPCOT day(doubt we’ll hop since we both enjoy EPCOT)

I’m also going to reserve at Sanna and Boathouse where we ate the last two times and maybe Flying Fish (haven’t eaten there since our honeymoon almost 25 years ago)!

Those ticketed events made me a lot less stressed about the parks portion of our trip. I’m thankful Disney has two scheduled while we’re there.

Getting excited now!!!

Last edited:

MK hours for extended for Friday and Saturday (22nd and 23rd) and they are opening at 8am now instead of 9. Might be some fast passes available!

Thank you for the help. I was thinking an uber or lyft to Sanaa for ease.
I was worried that DHS was too ambitious so I figured I would just go until 10 and leave at that point, wherever I am at in my plan.
I'm also not super into "regular" coasters so maybe I will just skip RNR which may help move things along. I also think ST is a lower wait attraction these days so maybe on on the night I have the dessert party I can give it a shot.

I do think I keep forgetting just how far apart things are and assuming I can just criss-cross. I will try to make that a little bit better with that in mind!

the EMH of the 22nd is 7-8am now. that will be an early last day!

Got the shipping notice for our magic bands this morning! :flower1::flower::daisy: CAN'T WAIT! BRING ON TEMPERATURES ABOVE 60! We are supposed to get yet another snow-followed-by-rain-and-ice storm this weekend. :crazy2:

This time next week I'll inevitably be scrambling to get last minute packing done the day before my trip! :dogdance:

We had our version of a winter storm this week (40 degrees and mild hail/rain lol) so I'm ready for sunshine and warmer temperatures :sunny:. Hopefully not TOO warm, but anything's better than the blistering heat from our summer trip.

My DW has a problem with always packing 1 to 2 days before we leave. This causes additional stress for her. I'm forcing her to pack this weekend as we leave in 2 weeks. YAY! I've been stalking the weather boards for a couple weeks and haven't seen it really dip below 70F in Orlando, and the forecast for the next couple of weeks looks to be over 70 and into the mid 80's that means most of our packing (shorts) can be packed without cause for concern I'll need them here in southern Ontario. Getting through work for 2 weeks is a completely different story though.
Enjoying me some Sorcerer Radio today while working

Hey all! We just booked a "last minute" trip for 3/23-3/28. This is our fifth Disney trip but our first during what is considered a "busy" time. We would have preferred a different week, but our work schedules didn't allow it. We just found out last week that hubby could get that week off, so we booked! We will be staying at Pop and doing five park days (no hopper).

We may do quick service dining, not sure yet. We only have on reservation, arrival night at Whispering Canyon (its one of our faves). I was able to get good FP selections, with the exception of no Slinky Dog. Crossing my fingers an opening pops up. I couldn't get FOP but was able to grab it last night.

I am a big fan of crowd calendars and using a plan. I'm hoping this will help us with the crowds. I sort of terrified of spring break crowds. LOL.

I'm staying at Pop from March 12-27th. First time in ages I got the QSDP. Going to see the Mets play the Braves on the 23rd, Early Morning at Toy Story Land and when I get my AP going to do the AH at MK. Still humming and hawing about going to Universal as it might break into valuable Disney time ;)

I am a big fan of crowd calendars and using a plan. I'm hoping this will help us with the crowds. I sort of terrified of spring break crowds. LOL.

Nice work scoring FoP passes! those are hard to find this close. We will be there that week as well!

TP has pretty much every day forecasted at about a crowd level 8 for that week. I'll be happy to see what an 8 looks like since the only thing I'm familiar with is Christmas/New Years crowds, which are a 10*. Just plan on it being busy. If you really want to maximize stuff, AND you're an early riser we had a lot of luck with being in the early rope-drop crowds. We were able to score lots of 4th+ FPs even during Christmas Break, and being logical about trying to get onto rides we knew we wouldn't be able to easily get a FP for (going on the more popular rides that we couldn't get FPs for first thing in the morning and then using the 4th+ passes for rides with more "moderate" 30-40min waits) because I hate waiting in lines. The ONLY thing we screwed up on last year was Test Track and it was posted at 30min (TP said 40) and it took 90. Have fun! Hopefully the weather is nice for us!

We'll be there starting next Friday (March 1st) through March 10th and can't wait! :yay:

At what point do you all feel the weather forecast is reliable? It's looking like highs in the mid-70s right now (which I'll absolutely take coming from the Northeast), but I'm hoping the temps will gradually creep up closer to the mid-80s... we'll see!

the EMH of the 22nd is 7-8am now. that will be an early last day!

Got the shipping notice for our magic bands this morning! :flower1::flower::daisy: CAN'T WAIT! BRING ON TEMPERATURES ABOVE 60! We are supposed to get yet another snow-followed-by-rain-and-ice storm this weekend. :crazy2:
Yet another snowstorm this weekend... and I have come down with a nasty cold. I am so, SO ready to get to Florida.

At what point do you all feel the weather forecast is reliable? It's looking like highs in the mid-70s right now (which I'll absolutely take coming from the Northeast), but I'm hoping the temps will gradually creep up closer to the mid-80s... we'll see!

3 days. And only because we had a REALLY bad experience last time we went. We stayed in offsite for a week with family and then onsite for 5 nights. The forecast was for upper 60s/low 70s for highs and 50s for lows. Well on the THURSDAY of the first week they started talking about a big cold front that MIGHT come through. And by Friday night they were talking about possible RECORD LOW TEMPS. :sad2: Our whole 2nd part of our trips was miserable because it was in the LOW 40S and there was FROST one morning. My personal souvenir from that trip is a Disney winter hat. Not what I wanted from a trip 2000 miles away from our home of snow. I will forever over-pack for Florida trips now. :laundy: It's much easier to find shorts and tank tops in Florida than it is to find warm clothes and layers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!