**Official March 2017 Thread**

Hi March Travelers,

My WDW trip March 1-11, 2017 is fast approaching!

I'm looking forward to meeting those of you who have already made plans with me. :thumbsup2

I won't have a chance to check these messages during my trip, so I'm checking back now in case anyone else may also like to meet up.

These are the meals where I'm still looking for people to meet:

March 3: late breakfast at Cape May Café; dinner at Boma
March 5: dinner at The Wave
March 7: lunch at Sci Fi Dine In; dinner at Captain's Grille
March 8: lunch at Whispering Canyon
March 9: late breakfast at Ravello
March 11: lunch at Kona Café

And these are the evening music shows where it would be great if any of you would like to join me -- the more, the merrier:

March 1: Yehaa Bob show
March 3: Planet Hollywood bar area
March 4: Campfire Singalong; then Yehaa Bob show again
March 5: POFQ lounge music
March 7 and/or March 10: Jellyrolls dueling piano bar

Feel free to send me a message.
Sounds like a blast! I won't be there till March 17th however, I hope you find some DISers to join in on the fun :D

+1. For such a huge corporation, their website seems to have issues ALL the time.
It is probably because they're a huge corporation that they have issues. If they were smaller, there wouldn't be that many disparate systems that they need to interact with (FastPass, Disney Dining, resort reservations, DVC, etc.) The most fragile systems are those that have the most "moving parts".

It is probably because they're a huge corporation that they have issues. If they were smaller, there wouldn't be that many disparate systems that they need to interact with (FastPass, Disney Dining, resort reservations, DVC, etc.) The most fragile systems are those that have the most "moving parts".

To a certain extent, yes, but the constant Stitch pages that only fix themselves if you use another browser or clear your cache, or random parts of the site that just won't load for random amounts of time isn't the moving parts, it's just a bad website. The moving parts themselves work; it's getting them to display on the website consistently that's the issue. No other website of such a big company gives me such issues, and many of them have as many moving parts as Disney's site.

10 days y'all! :hyper:

This week will be crunch time for sure. I'm done obsessing over our itinerary, adrs, and fastpasses and that will be left alone at this point unless we decide to make day of changes on each park day. The kids are so excited about staying at Pop. My oldest DD is super excited because one of her friends just got back from a Disney trip and had a blast. I am going to finish packing this week and getting through the last bit of running around from my to do list; and of course this had to be the week of scheduled appointments. We have two doctors appointments, a dental appointment, my hair appointment, and our cat has a vet appointment too. I'm obsessing over the weather because I really don't want to overpack with so many of us, but I will definitely pack our ponchos, fleece jackets/hoodies, and each a couple pairs of pants even though I really planned for us to be able to wear t-shirts and shorts all week :laughing:. I'm going to make a dining plan punch card to keep track of how many meal and snack credits we are going through each day and I need to make something fun to put on DD3's stroller as an identifier. Disney movie nights this week too. Tonight we are going to do Tangled and tomorrow since we have one night free of practices/games/activities due to the holiday we are going to do Dumbo :thumbsup2.

10 days y'all! :hyper:

This week will be crunch time for sure. I'm done obsessing over our itinerary, adrs, and fastpasses and that will be left alone at this point unless we decide to make day of changes on each park day. The kids are so excited about staying at Pop. My oldest DD is super excited because one of her friends just got back from a Disney trip and had a blast. I am going to finish packing this week and getting through the last bit of running around from my to do list; and of course this had to be the week of scheduled appointments. We have two doctors appointments, a dental appointment, my hair appointment, and our cat has a vet appointment too. I'm obsessing over the weather because I really don't want to overpack with so many of us, but I will definitely pack our ponchos, fleece jackets/hoodies, and each a couple pairs of pants even though I really planned for us to be able to wear t-shirts and shorts all week :laughing:. I'm going to make a dining plan punch card to keep track of how many meal and snack credits we are going through each day and I need to make something fun to put on DD3's stroller as an identifier. Disney movie nights this week too. Tonight we are going to do Tangled and tomorrow since we have one night free of practices/games/activities due to the holiday we are going to do Dumbo :thumbsup2.

What do you anticipate the coolest temps would be this time of year? I'm so lost about what to pack. We've had tons of snow here in eastern Canada and I can't wait for some warmth!

What do you anticipate the coolest temps would be this time of year? I'm so lost about what to pack. We've had tons of snow here in eastern Canada and I can't wait for some warmth!

I don't see your travel dates on the first page, when in the month are you going?

Around the 2nd/3rd week of March, temp are around low to mid 70's-F daytime and high 50's-F/low 60's-F nighttime

To a certain extent, yes, but the constant Stitch pages that only fix themselves if you use another browser or clear your cache, or random parts of the site that just won't load for random amounts of time isn't the moving parts, it's just a bad website. The moving parts themselves work; it's getting them to display on the website consistently that's the issue. No other website of such a big company gives me such issues, and many of them have as many moving parts as Disney's site.
There are few, if any, websites that have as many moving parts as Disney. Regardless, many users consistently complain about problems they have with the Holland America website, being unable to review or books excursions for their cruises. The Comcast website's broadband Usage Meter was broken for years, and it was only fixed after Comcast started charging customers for going over a new limit and people complained that they had no way to monitor their usage because the Usage Meter was broken. The device monitor was also broken on and off for years. There are complaints about not being able to consistently log into the T-Mobile website. There have regularly been reports of airline website going down for hours at a time (such as Southwest's website on December 20, 2016). And so on.

I think we just notice Disney's website problems more because of our love and passion for visiting the resort.

There are few, if any, websites that have as many moving parts as Disney. Regardless, many users consistently complain about problems they have with the Holland America website, being unable to review or books excursions for their cruises. The Comcast website's broadband Usage Meter was broken for years, and it was only fixed after Comcast started charging customers for going over a new limit and people complained that they had no way to monitor their usage because the Usage Meter was broken. The device monitor was also broken on and off for years. There are complaints about not being able to consistently log into the T-Mobile website. There have regularly been reports of airline website going down for hours at a time (such as Southwest's website on December 20, 2016). And so on.

I think we just notice Disney's website problems more because of our love and passion for visiting the resort.

I'd disagree--the consistency of the errors and how widespread they are on the website seems to me very different than one specific meter being broken on Comcast's website, or Southwest having a one time outage, etc. Disney is one of the biggest corporations in the world--never being sure if I'm gonna be able see "My Itinerary" or if a page for a specific website will load bothers me more from them than from smaller companies like Holland America or T-Mobile (though I've never had any problems with the T-Mobile website).

But that's just my opinion. :) Either way, the website is working for me at the moment, which is exciting. :)

We've gone in march many times, and used to live in Tampa. Pack everything. March can be iffy with temperatures. Plus it will be 75 then drop to 50 at night.

Last March were typical average March temps, but 2 years ago my daughter and I were bundled up each day with several layers....it was freezing!! Be sure to check the weather a few days before you leave just to make sure a cold spell isn't coming through Orlando. Hopefully it will continue to stay warm:)

Some of you may remember I booked Dolphins in Depth for DD a while back. I've been trying to decide what to do for the 3 hours and we already have plenty of park time scheduled. I just booked myself breakfast at Kona :goodvibes
I've heard so many great reviews of their breakfast and we've only eaten dinner there which was really good. I'll have plenty of time to get to the Poly and back to meet her afterwards plus enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast. I may have to walk off breakfast afterwards and do some shopping ::yes::

Kona is my personal favorite for breakfast. I always get the Tonga Toast, it's DA BOMB! The juice and pressed pot coffee are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter