***Official June 2023 Thread***

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been more active, but the boss has me working all week with an increased work load to "compensate" for my absence next week. I don't think I've ever looked more forward to a trip than I have this one. @kylenne glad you have had a great trip thus far. Super excited for those of us getting ready to head out this weekend/next week.

I personally don't really strategize the parks all that much. I've been there done that so many times that not riding the haunted mansion isn't gonna break me. I ask my family which ride is their "must do" ride, and try to genie+ them or rope drop. After that, I just enjoy the atmosphere and not being at work. Side note on that though, I have seen more family breakdowns and couple fights at MK and HS than I have anywhere else in my life. The parks make people angry, and that honestly makes me sad. I saw a mother throw a cup of water into the face of her crying son last year. I had to hold my husband by the arm to keep him from getting us all kicked out. We did tell some cast members though, and they did intervene. Still hard to watch....😔

. Side note on that though, I have seen more family breakdowns and couple fights at MK and HS than I have anywhere else in my life. The parks make people angry, and that honestly makes me sad. I saw a mother throw a cup of water into the face of her crying son last year. I had to hold my husband by the arm to keep him from getting us all kicked out. We did tell some cast members though, and they did intervene. Still hard to watch....😔
We’ve had a few “hot, hangry, overstimulated, decision fatigue” meltdowns over the last 14 years. We love to soak it ALL in, so we do something similar. We also hit each park twice, once in the am and once in the pm. It helps us to have a game plan for at least our rope drop ride/area, first G+, and ILL/VQ all mapped out.

That would have really, really upset me. Emotions run so high.

I’m sorry you’ve had to work so hard, and I k ow you are so ready for this vacation. I hope you have the best time and it’s restorative for you and your family.

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been more active, but the boss has me working all week with an increased work load to "compensate" for my absence next week. I don't think I've ever looked more forward to a trip than I have this one. @kylenne glad you have had a great trip thus far. Super excited for those of us getting ready to head out this weekend/next week.

I personally don't really strategize the parks all that much. I've been there done that so many times that not riding the haunted mansion isn't gonna break me. I ask my family which ride is their "must do" ride, and try to genie+ them or rope drop. After that, I just enjoy the atmosphere and not being at work. Side note on that though, I have seen more family breakdowns and couple fights at MK and HS than I have anywhere else in my life. The parks make people angry, and that honestly makes me sad. I saw a mother throw a cup of water into the face of her crying son last year. I had to hold my husband by the arm to keep him from getting us all kicked out. We did tell some cast members though, and they did intervene. Still hard to watch....😔
Sorry work is so busy but so excited you're trip is so close! :beach:We also try to get in our must dos but not stress too much if we can't or try another day.

I do remember how stressful our first trip was...still fun but we were not prepared for how large and busy WDW is. Trying to do it all can really wear you out then add in the heat and on boy folks can lose it.

I do remember how stressful our first trip was...still fun but we were not prepared for how large and busy WDW is. Trying to do it all can really wear you out then add in the heat and on boy folks can lose it.
Gosh that first trip. Our “one and done”, girls were 2 and 9. There was a CRAZY promo buy 4 get 3 free, I think it was tickets and hotel. One of our kids was free, one still a child. Well, the next year the promo was gone and we had a child AND a Disney adult. It more than doubled.😂 of course, that once in a lifetime became almost yearly, DVC members, one kid did a DCP and the other planning to apply as soon as she can. 😂

I don’t know HOW people manage without the Disboards. I learned so much for my first trip my dh said I sound like the girl “one time at band camp” but “today on disboards” 🤣. I still learn so much, 14 years later!

SINGlE DIGIT DANCE today baby! :banana:

Gosh that first trip. Our “one and done”, girls were 2 and 9. There was a CRAZY promo buy 4 get 3 free, I think it was tickets and hotel. One of our kids was free, one still a child. Well, the next year the promo was gone and we had a child AND a Disney adult. It more than doubled.😂 of course, that once in a lifetime became almost yearly, DVC members, one kid did a DCP and the other planning to apply as soon as she can. 😂

I don’t know HOW people manage without the Disboards. I learned so much for my first trip my dh said I sound like the girl “one time at band camp” but “today on disboards” 🤣. I still learn so much, 14 years later!

SINGlE DIGIT DANCE today baby! :banana:
We were going to be a one and done when the kids were small too but here we are 😂

Yes Disboards and Josh at EasyWDW 😥 helped us make our first trip and those after so amazing!

We are single digits too! Can't wait!

So the single digit dance always brings… the ability to start obsessing over the weather. And OMGEEEE 🔥. I’ve been in sweats here in the mountains of Virginia for a week. That real feel 101° is going to be a shock!

Friendly reminder to those there now and going soon. Drink 5x the water you think you need. My dH ended up in the ER 2 days after we got back last year from dehydration, his bp was DANGEROUSLY low. And we push water a lot. Like.A LOT. Start before you leave hydrating so you aren’t at a deficit when you go.

It looks like they’re installing more water bottle refill stations than previously which is great. Ask for ice water every time you stop anywhere that has fountain drinks. Drink at least one water for every alcoholic or caffeinated drink. Make a drinking game- but with water. Every time you see or hear X (whatever your family chooses, like a certain shirt or outfit or comment or whatever) everyone has to drink water. 😂

Yes, my mama and teacher comes out with this. 😂 Stay well June friends!!❤️

So the single digit dance always brings… the ability to start obsessing over the weather. And OMGEEEE 🔥. I’ve been in sweats here in the mountains of Virginia for a week. That real feel 101° is going to be a shock!

Friendly reminder to those there now and going soon. Drink 5x the water you think you need. My dH ended up in the ER 2 days after we got back last year from dehydration, his bp was DANGEROUSLY low. And we push water a lot. Like.A LOT. Start before you leave hydrating so you aren’t at a deficit when you go.

It looks like they’re installing more water bottle refill stations than previously which is great. Ask for ice water every time you stop anywhere that has fountain drinks. Drink at least one water for every alcoholic or caffeinated drink. Make a drinking game- but with water. Every time you see or hear X (whatever your family chooses, like a certain shirt or outfit or comment or whatever) everyone has to drink water. 😂

Yes, my mama and teacher comes out with this. 😂 Stay well June friends!!❤️
I've been obsessing over the forecast, too! It's been relatively nice in Orlando, and I was hoping it would hold, but it looks like the extreme heat is on the way! I actually celebrated this morning because the forecast went from high of 97 to high of 95 🤣

We always take some sort of electrolyte powder to add to our water. I feel like the flavor helps the kiddos drink more, and the added electrolytes help keep us hydrated. I'm so with you, though, you have to start first thing in the morning and keep going ALL day! SO scary about your DH, flipflopmom; that can happen so fast!

I'm soaking up the last two days before we leave; I love the planning and the excitement before the trip so much! ❤️

I actually celebrated this morning because the forecast went from high of 97 to high of 95 🤣

I'm soaking up the last two days before we leave; I love the planning and the excitement before the trip so much! ❤️
Oh yeah . We did the same thing lol.

I love/hate the week before. And I’m also messed up enough to at least twice think I’ll be there in a week which means in 2 weeks I’ll be home and so sad.” I’ve even been known to say one DAY 1 “one day is over and that means we’re one day closer to going home.” I hate living in my brain sometimes🤣

Oh yeah . We did the same thing lol.

I love/hate the week before. And I’m also messed up enough to at least twice think I’ll be there in a week which means in 2 weeks I’ll be home and so sad.” I’ve even been known to say one DAY 1 “one day is over and that means we’re one day closer to going home.” I hate living in my brain sometimes🤣
I do the EXACT same thing, and I hate it!!! LOL! Already sad about it ending, and it hasn't even started! 🤣

I guesstimate more than half of the parents screaming at their kids is because the child messed up the plan by getting tired.. "do you know how much time I spent getting this ride you little @#^♡♧■?"

I guesstimate more than half of the parents screaming at their kids is because the child messed up the plan by getting tired.. "do you know how much time I spent getting this ride you little @#^♡♧■?"
Yeah that planning parent can get messed when the plan is derailed. At this point for use I just ask what everyone wants and then we go from there. Luckily some of our must dos are Dinosaur and LWTL lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!