***Official June 2022 Thread***

Have a great trip in! My son found out He’s allowed to enter Springs at 7:30. (He will Uber over) to be in line to sign up for the virtual queue in person. You have to buy the ears in person to get her headshot signed. The store opens at 10, and that’s when she starts signing.
Thank you so much for the info!!

We had breakfast reservations at Ale & Compass today so by the time we got there the VQ was already sold out but I saw her from the other side of the store and managed to buy some of the Ewok ears she brought with her. I hope your son was able to meet Ashley though!

View attachment 677985
Yep!!

Attachments

• 91F64D16-D694-49F5-BACE-8598619695CC.jpeg
    91F64D16-D694-49F5-BACE-8598619695CC.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 7
Found out the hard way today that you should always stop by the desk if you plan to room charge. AKL staff said they’ve had issues the past couple days with online checkins not getting privileges unless they checked in at the desk as well. Figured I’d pass it along in case it helps anyone else!

. AKL staff said they’ve had issues the past couple days with online checkins not getting privileges unless they checked in at the desk as well. Figured I’d pass it along in case it helps anyone else!
We also had issues with our magic bands not opening doors, pool areas, etc. until we stopped by front desk. They had to do something to activate them if they were activated to account before arrival.

We check out today & head to Universal!

It is very hot & rainy — Genie is worth every penny!!! Lots of ride breakdowns — first ride evacuation ever off of Toy Story Mania. lol Guardians is awesome!! Oldest rode it 4 times! 👍👍 Favorite meals of the trip were dinner at 50’s Prime Time & Chef Mickey’s for breakfast.

Enjoy your trips! Pack your patient pants! And a rain poncho!

I am waaayyy behind on updating, but we got home late on Sunday and then bright and early Monday morning DS and I had to be at church because crazy me thought it would be a good idea to volunteer at the church Maker Camp this week. DS is totally grumpy at me for signing him up for this, but he got over 20 volunteer hours done of the 50 he has to do this school year, so he's partially forgiven me.
We had an absolutely amazing trip, and I really hope it won't be 17 years before I get back to WDW again! (Although I am already plotting a Nov weekend trip to DLR with DS.) When we transferred to CBR we immediately noticed the difference in service level compared to Universal. Bell services was there with a luggage cart before we had even stepped out of the car, when I went to check in the CM came out from behind the counter to greet me and walk me over to their desk, and it just went on from there. Our room wasn't ready, so we decided to head to DS, and one of the CM's even walked us towards the bus stop to make sure we knew where it was. While we were waiting for the bus, a DVC van pulled up, and the CM offered us a ride to DS - no strings attached, just as a magic moment! The highlight of DS for the group was Gideon's, and I think we lived off those cookies for a few days.
I won't go over all the details of the trip, but we were successful in doing all the non-DLR attractions plus the ones with significant differences from DLR. We're still arguing amongst ourselves over whether or not we like IASW better at DLR or WDW (some argue that the shorter version at WDW is preferable), and HM is also up for debate, with the Hatbox Ghost at DLR skewing the results a bit. Some also preferred the shorter Tiki Room at WDW, but we all agreed that we like POTC better at DLR. We rope dropped FOP, SDMT, and SDD, got a virtual queue for GOTGR (and I nearly barfed and needed to sit down for about 15 minutes after that one), and skipped ROTR because we've done that at DLR. We started in one park each morning to rope drop the ILL ride or a G+ ride, used G+ to get a few rides done in the morning, and then went back to the room after lunch. We'd go to a different park in the evening for dinner, so starting in the morning we began stacking G+ for the evening park. This worked pretty well for us, especially by day 3 when we'd figured the system out a little more. It's pretty similar to the MaxPass we used to have at DLR, but we rarely used it there unless we were doing a 1 day trip.
We survived the Florida heat, only had a few rain storms, and came home to a heat wave and wild fires popping up all over. I'm now sorting through the 4,000+ photos from all 5 of us, trying to unpack, and trying to identify the source of the strange smell that greeted me when I arrived home and that DH swears he can't smell at all. Sigh. Where are my helpful woodland creatures when I need them? Or do you have to be a Disney princess to get that kind of household assistance?

I am waaayyy behind on updating, but we got home late on Sunday and then bright and early Monday morning DS and I had to be at church because crazy me thought it would be a good idea to volunteer at the church Maker Camp this week. DS is totally grumpy at me for signing him up for this, but he got over 20 volunteer hours done of the 50 he has to do this school year, so he's partially forgiven me.
We had an absolutely amazing trip, and I really hope it won't be 17 years before I get back to WDW again! (Although I am already plotting a Nov weekend trip to DLR with DS.) When we transferred to CBR we immediately noticed the difference in service level compared to Universal. Bell services was there with a luggage cart before we had even stepped out of the car, when I went to check in the CM came out from behind the counter to greet me and walk me over to their desk, and it just went on from there. Our room wasn't ready, so we decided to head to DS, and one of the CM's even walked us towards the bus stop to make sure we knew where it was. While we were waiting for the bus, a DVC van pulled up, and the CM offered us a ride to DS - no strings attached, just as a magic moment! The highlight of DS for the group was Gideon's, and I think we lived off those cookies for a few days.
I won't go over all the details of the trip, but we were successful in doing all the non-DLR attractions plus the ones with significant differences from DLR. We're still arguing amongst ourselves over whether or not we like IASW better at DLR or WDW (some argue that the shorter version at WDW is preferable), and HM is also up for debate, with the Hatbox Ghost at DLR skewing the results a bit. Some also preferred the shorter Tiki Room at WDW, but we all agreed that we like POTC better at DLR. We rope dropped FOP, SDMT, and SDD, got a virtual queue for GOTGR (and I nearly barfed and needed to sit down for about 15 minutes after that one), and skipped ROTR because we've done that at DLR. We started in one park each morning to rope drop the ILL ride or a G+ ride, used G+ to get a few rides done in the morning, and then went back to the room after lunch. We'd go to a different park in the evening for dinner, so starting in the morning we began stacking G+ for the evening park. This worked pretty well for us, especially by day 3 when we'd figured the system out a little more. It's pretty similar to the MaxPass we used to have at DLR, but we rarely used it there unless we were doing a 1 day trip.
We survived the Florida heat, only had a few rain storms, and came home to a heat wave and wild fires popping up all over. I'm now sorting through the 4,000+ photos from all 5 of us, trying to unpack, and trying to identify the source of the strange smell that greeted me when I arrived home and that DH swears he can't smell at all. Sigh. Where are my helpful woodland creatures when I need them? Or do you have to be a Disney princess to get that kind of household assistance?
Glad you had a great trip! We are on our last day today. Heading to storybook, then back to the MK for the final farewell…for now. 😂

Spent so long waiting for June and now it's almost over! We had a great trip, got home last Monday. I'm pretty sure we brought COVID home with us, but it's pretty mild. I'm so sad our trip is over, but have been engaging in the best activity for recovery - planning the next one! We have our eyes on July 2023. Glad to see I'm in good company.

Well it's all over! We had a great trip. Yachtsman was amazing, and Miguel was one of the best servers we ever had at Disney. We were able to score 3 VQ's for Cosmic Rewind. I had to take Dramamine to make sure I could ride it.:oops: We had park hopper and spent many evenings at Epcot enjoying the offerings at the Flower and Garden booths. (OMG the Maple Popcorn shake with Wiskey.😍)

Now it's time to suffer through the post Disney withdrawal blues, and start planning for our next trip. Happy planning for 2023-2024 guys! ❤️

Hi June peeps! We came back from a wonderful trip Friday. Rode GotG 4 times lol! We loved it so much. G+ was great for our one day at HS but the other parks we visited more than once so really didn’t need it. It was so hot but we really had no rain issues since it rained when we were done for the day. We are completely worn out but already thinking about a next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter