*** Official June 2020 ***

I find it funny that so many people want to speculate limited rides being open in june or slow opening of the parks as a whole. Let's be completely honest no one has any clue and anyone who says differently is being even more clueless. This has never happened so we have nothing to base things off of. People need to do what's best for their family financially and health wise and anything else lets wait and see.

I find it funny that so many people want to speculate limited rides being open in june or slow opening of the parks as a whole. Let's be completely honest no one has any clue and anyone who says differently is being even more clueless. This has never happened so we have nothing to base things off of. People need to do what's best for their family financially and health wise and anything else lets wait and see.
Or we can not be judgmental, holier than Thou's. Everyone is stressed. They have spent thousands and thousands of dollars. They have kids who have been looking for to this for years. They are speculating as a means to vent, comfort, and support in this time of uncertainty and streess. After all, like you said, this is unprecedented and we have nothing to base things off of, so no one knows how to feel or how to act or what to do. Everyone processes in their own way and there is zero need on a board LITERALLY TITLED HAPPY DANCE, to be unkind and judgmental of others and how they are or are not dealing with an unprecedented crisis and time of financial, emotional, and medical uncertainty.

Or we can not be judgmental, holier than Thou's. Everyone is stressed. They have spent thousands and thousands of dollars. They have kids who have been looking for to this for years. They are speculating as a means to vent, comfort, and support in this time of uncertainty and streess. After all, like you said, this is unprecedented and we have nothing to base things off of, so no one knows how to feel or how to act or what to do. Everyone processes in their own way and there is zero need on a board LITERALLY TITLED HAPPY DANCE, to be unkind and judgmental of others and how they are or are not dealing with an unprecedented crisis and time of financial, emotional, and medical uncertainty.
How is coming up with those most negative outcomes healthy? People are very impressionable and stating things that are going to take place with no knowledge isn't fair to anyone. How am I being holier than tho because I stated people are clueless(not a horrible word) that speak what's going to take place with no knowledge other than the internet said so. I've had my trip rescheduled twice I've been here reading and conversating with people since February when covid19 fear and panic started. And making accusations of fear and panic don't have a place for anyone's mental or physical health. And if calling someone clueless hurts your feeling the internet must be a very scary place for you.

Went through the motions of getting FPs for our June 20th trip. Got most of what we wanted, except FoP was completely out at 60 +2 & 3.

Went through the motions of getting FPs for our June 20th trip. Got most of what we wanted, except FoP was completely out at 60 +2 & 3.
How did you make them already? Our check in is 6/20 but I thought our FP day is tomorrow...

Made my FP+ today even though its unlikely that WDW will be open but who knows as that is 60 days away.
No early SDD or FOP but that was expected. Everything else was just about as good as could be realistically expected.

We also made the decision that even if just our DVC resort is open but the parks are closed that we will be taking the loss and not going on the trip. We can salvage the airfare & tickets towards a future date.

Now even if the parks are open by 6/19 then we are still on the fence with going depending on what precautions that WDW and Universal are making. Right now those precautions would have to be substantial.

We officially decided to move our June 5-13 trip to June 2021. Even if WDW is back open on June 1, we're guessing that things will be different enough that it isn't worth it for us to go right now. This is a once in a lifetime trip for at least some in our group, and they were concerned about having a full WDW experience. We've also got two people in the group who are higher risk for complications from C-19, so we all felt more comfortable with postponing the trip.
Such a bummer to watch my countdown go from 46 days to 410. We had amazing ADRs and mostly good FP, too, so it's no fun letting all that go.

Made FP this morning for our June 19th trip. Not thrilled, no 1st tier at HS at all and it was 60+3days. Very disappointing. Oh, well we will see what happens. If we need to we'll postpone to July. Fingers crossed.

Did our Fastpasses for our June 20th-28th trip this morning. The only fastpass we didn't get was M&MRR, but we aren't that excited for it, so if the stand-by line is short, the days we are at DHS, we'll ride it. If not, no big deal. Every day, we got 2 great times, and one late afternoon, but #teamfiddlefaddle, we will maneuver them into better slots. Yes, I am still hopeful that the trip will go as planned. We have no other options until summer 2022 (both kids will be in college, DD23 will be in a 16 month BSN program until December 2021) so I HAVE to be optimistic. Phase openings give us hope that we'll be in the latter stages by the end of June.

For what it’s worth- also posted in corona thread in theme park attractions and rumors and news thread- we had an email
Today from our convention coordinator for our June 20-24 convention saying Disney convention coordinator said our convention was still “on” and could be part of a soft opening not available to the general public. Our coordinator said we we’re contractually obligated to continue with our convention if Disney was open, and to proceed with our plans. Our convention attendees would would be between 200-300. It is scheduled at Boardwalk Inn , and includes an already paid for welcome reception featuring Mickey and Minnie. A fireworks dessert part at Epcot, and a banquet in a “surprise “ park. Our coordinator is submitting a list of people who can sit together at events.

And We’re out - absolutely gutted. Have waited 15 years for this trip and first ever trip for my partner. Want him to enjoy it as it should be and can’t see how we will in just 7/8 weeks time. FP day tomorrow would mean a 4am wake up (currently on the west coast) already did that on Christmas Day for our ADRs so not again. Fingers crossed the UK offers free dining again for next year and we can head back next June.

For what it’s worth- also posted in corona thread in theme park attractions and rumors and news thread- we had an email
Today from our convention coordinator for our June 20-24 convention saying Disney convention coordinator said our convention was still “on” and could be part of a soft opening not available to the general public. Our coordinator said we we’re contractually obligated to continue with our convention if Disney was open, and to proceed with our plans. Our convention attendees would would be between 200-300. It is scheduled at Boardwalk Inn , and includes an already paid for welcome reception featuring Mickey and Minnie. A fireworks dessert part at Epcot, and a banquet in a “surprise “ park. Our coordinator is submitting a list of people who can sit together at events.
My trip with DVC rented points is during your convention so I am extremely curious of any updates you receive.

I am going for a conference at YC 6/19-21 - as of now our conference is still on as well. Glad to be on this thread with all of you.

I'm booked for June 8-12. Holding out hope that things will be open to some capacity. Booked inside of 60 days, but thanks to *obsessive* app stalking I was able to get Smuggler's Run, Flight of Passage, SDMT, and Frozen. Really hoping I do not have to go through all of that again :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter