*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

Hey All July '22 Visitors!
Haven't visited in July in a while. Does anyone know if WDW is still limiting attendance? I sure hope so because there is not much hotel availability! We're looking forward to our 7/13-7/23 trip even if it will be hotter than you know what!! 😎

Hey Everyone!!!
We will be there the very end of the month!
July 24th - 31st.
I've never been peak summer before and a little nervous! I always go October and May. Making sure i have plenty of Fans and cooling towels packed. We are surprising my son for his 9th birthday. He won't know we're going to Disney world till we arrive at the airport! I'm also taking my parents as well. I was never fortunate to go as a child to Disney, and started going when I met my husband. It has always been a dream of mine to be able take my parents and let them enjoy the magic through their grandchildren! So, this will be my first trip with them! Technically it's their second trip to Disney. The only time they have been was when it first opened in the 70s and was just the Magic Kingdom.

BUT we have ran into a possible problem (Not a Disney trip if there isn't a medical emergency) My parents are big campers and while stepping out of her camper, my mother fell on her back and fractured her back in 3 places. She's scared she won't be able to go and asked if we can get refunded on their tickets if she can't. I don't believe we can since we bought them with the military discount. My dad said he can still go and bring my nephew possibly. If the time comes and my mother can't go. Can we swap her Ticket and Park reservation to my nephew?? Or would it be just the ticket and have to start the park reservation process over again. I'm scared if that's the case, we might not can get reservations.

Hey Everyone!!!
We will be there the very end of the month!
July 24th - 31st.
I've never been peak summer before and a little nervous! I always go October and May. Making sure i have plenty of Fans and cooling towels packed. We are surprising my son for his 9th birthday. He won't know we're going to Disney world till we arrive at the airport! I'm also taking my parents as well. I was never fortunate to go as a child to Disney, and started going when I met my husband. It has always been a dream of mine to be able take my parents and let them enjoy the magic through their grandchildren! So, this will be my first trip with them! Technically it's their second trip to Disney. The only time they have been was when it first opened in the 70s and was just the Magic Kingdom.

BUT we have ran into a possible problem (Not a Disney trip if there isn't a medical emergency) My parents are big campers and while stepping out of her camper, my mother fell on her back and fractured her back in 3 places. She's scared she won't be able to go and asked if we can get refunded on their tickets if she can't. I don't believe we can since we bought them with the military discount. My dad said he can still go and bring my nephew possibly. If the time comes and my mother can't go. Can we swap her Ticket and Park reservation to my nephew?? Or would it be just the ticket and have to start the park reservation process over again. I'm scared if that's the case, we might not can get reservations.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm sure people on the boards will be able to help. You could always call Disney to ask too (though you may have a long wait time.) I hope your mom can make it. For what it's worth, we often travel with our parents, one of whom has mobility issues, and we get wheelchairs and scooters and walkers and she has a great time. Disney is very accommodating to people with different physical abilities.

We'll be there at that time too! Can't wait!

I hope you have a great trip, whoever is able to come. I'm sure the 9 year old will love it!

You can try and get a refund but it is not very likely. If tickets had been purchased as part of a package that would be different. I’m sure you can reassign a ticket , but make sure the one with military credentials is still attending.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm sure people on the boards will be able to help. You could always call Disney to ask too (though you may have a long wait time.) I hope your mom can make it. For what it's worth, we often travel with our parents, one of whom has mobility issues, and we get wheelchairs and scooters and walkers and she has a great time. Disney is very accommodating to people with different physical abilities.

We'll be there at that time too! Can't wait!

I hope you have a great trip, whoever is able to come. I'm sure the 9 year old will love it!
Thank you!!
We are also going with my husbands parents and his grandmother. We're getting a scooter for his grandmother. I told her I could rent her a scooter as well, but she said she's afraid she can't even sit in it. We're flying down, but my parents were going to drive. She's also worried about being able to sit in a car for that long. The ride total is about 11 hrs, but they were planning to split it up between two days anyway. Fingers crossed she can do it! They said that there are some pain management things they can do for her, but its really going to just take time before things get better.

You can try and get a refund but it is not very likely. If tickets had been purchased as part of a package that would be different. I’m sure you can reassign a ticket , but make sure the one with military credentials is still attending.
I would rather reassign I think. If my dad bails out as well, we can probably find someone to join. My son would be just as happy with my nephew there (Similar age, so he would have another kid to play with other than his toddler sister) but i wanted those memories with him and my parents.

I don't know if any one else has this luck... but every time we go to Disney, something happens. Last October when we went, we ended up in urgent care with my daughter. Time before that my husband had the flu!

We ended up in urgent care last time as well. Our son crushed his finger between the interior portion of door jamb and door of the VWL doors. His finger was flat as a pancake, so scary , but only ended up with a hairline crack in the bone . 😬

I’ve been looking for the stainless steel refillable mug at the quick service locations in magic kingdom by checking the app, but it looks like they are now sold out. Artist palette is the only quick service that still shows them in stock.

We're leaving one week from next Monday! We ordered MagicBands today (were holding out in case MagicBand+ was released, but decided we didn't want to wait any longer and finally ordered). Also watching lots of attraction and park guides with the kids to get ideas of what rides and shows everyone wants to do so we can come up with a rough park touring plan. It's feeling so close now!

We're leaving one week from next Monday! We ordered MagicBands today (were holding out in case MagicBand+ was released, but decided we didn't want to wait any longer and finally ordered). Also watching lots of attraction and park guides with the kids to get ideas of what rides and shows everyone wants to do so we can come up with a rough park touring plan. It's feeling so close now!
That’s my favorite things to do! I also love watching food reviews! Can’t wait to eat my way through the parks! 3 weeks today to go for me!

We will arrive two weeks from today. Doing a split stay between SSR and AKL. Can't wait for the heat and humidity lol.

Heading to SSR 25-30. First stay as DVC owners and we are in a 2BR. Super excited. Anyone know where to find the resort activity lists? We are also doing our first resort-only trip. Looking forward to just enjoying DVC and all it has to offer.

We leave Toronto area July 22 and arrive at Allstar movies July 23-30… we splurged and used our DVC points at Poly in April and wanted to go back so we booked a cash room at the Allstars… DVC moonlight magic party the 26th and parks every day!!

It all starts two weeks tomorrow!

Quick post to wish all the July travelers a fantastic vacation! We leave Saturday and I may not post here again before we go. Enjoy, everyone! :sunny:
Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts