****Official July 2021 Thread****

Our list is growing!!! This is getting exciting!!! :tigger:
Hi everyone! Joining in on this thread. We are going July 5-19th doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and BWV. Our April 2020 trip got cancelled so were really excited for this one. Our daughter is graduating from 8th grade and moving on to high school so this will be a celebration for that as well as her birthday! :flower1:
Welcome aboard! The trip we were going to take last August was to celebrate my son for those exact reasons, but then... well, you know... :darth: Looks like we may be guests at BWV at the same time!
Hi all! I'm tentatively planning on a girls' trip with friends! We're planning on staying at Coronado Springs from July 17-25.
Ooooo, girls' trips are THE BEST!!! And what a perfect resort for it!!! :cool1:

Is anyone planning on the "get 2 park day tickets free" promo? I'm new to promo deals and not sure if this is a good one. We honestly don't need 5 day tickets, was only planning for three days in the parks. But if it's a good deal, I'll consider it.

Is anyone planning on the "get 2 park day tickets free" promo? I'm new to promo deals and not sure if this is a good one. We honestly don't need 5 day tickets, was only planning for three days in the parks. But if it's a good deal, I'll consider it.
We added the promo to our trip just to have a deal for now until something hopefully better comes out in the future. It saved us a little under $200, but we also have 10 day tickets, so I knew the savings wouldn't be huge. But, it is better than nothing!

The fewer number of days you have tickets for, the more you are going to save.

We're planning on getting the DVC version of the deal. 4 day ticket, get 2 more free. It'll save us about $50/person and I won't feel bad if we don't make it all day in the park with kids in masks (still hoping this relaxes some but not counting on it).

I am staying for 9 nights but we're only getting 7 park hopper passes (the first and last days are driving days so we want to give ourselves as much flexibility as possible to get to the parks or pack up and leave) and since I am not renewing my AP this year we also getting the Memory Maker. I ended up doing the package because it saved us about $400 for our specific trip, but I don't know how much it'll save for shorter trips.

I am staying for 9 nights but we're only getting 7 park hopper passes (the first and last days are driving days so we want to give ourselves as much flexibility as possible to get to the parks or pack up and leave) and since I am not renewing my AP this year we also getting the Memory Maker. I ended up doing the package because it saved us about $400 for our specific trip, but I don't know how much it'll save for shorter trips.
I didn't book that deal. There just wasn't any reason to pay any more for 2 extra days of tickets that would only be used on arrival day (and it would be a later afternoon start) and departure day where I'd rather just have an early flight home.

I didn't book that deal. There just wasn't any reason to pay any more for 2 extra days of tickets that would only be used on arrival day (and it would be a later afternoon start) and departure day where I'd rather just have an early flight home.

That makes sense. The way we did it we paid for 5 days of tickets then got our last two days free. For us it worked out without forcing us to add any park ticket we probably wouldn't use.

Depending how things go, we're booked on a Carnival cruise with a few friends that leaves from Port Canaveral, and we'll be staying at the Beach Club for 5 nights beforehand (7/12-7/17). Fingers crossed! ;)
**CORRECTION: sorry, we’re jumping ship! Cancelled for July and rebooked for November instead. Have a great time, everyone!**

Last edited:
I’ll be there on a girls trip for my 40th birthday celebration! Booked July 15-19, 2021 at CR TPV !!! I’m so excited !! Haven’t been since July 2019.
Well heard from my Disney Planner today.... we got moved to GF TPV due to CR room renovations during our trip. I’m super excited ! I’ve wanted to stay there since I was a little girl !!

Three of us have APs, but my son's GF needed a 9 day PH ticket. Got a 7 day+ 2 free days with the DVC version and wound up paying about $60 less for it.

Bought our tickets today - first time we've sprung for park hoppers in a decade. It seems like a good idea since we're at BLT and I'm wondering if the Contemporary restaurants will all be open with that resort under refurbishment this summer (hoping it's just rooms affected). Either way it won't make me sad to have the ability to walk over to MK every day.

It's so weird, normally I'd be finalizing my dining reservations and getting ready for that early morning craziness in a few days. I like the new dining reservation system!

Oh and Disney announced Festival of the Lion King will be returning this summer! This is our favorite show, hope it's a sign of better things to come. :)

Bought our tickets today - first time we've sprung for park hoppers in a decade. It seems like a good idea since we're at BLT and I'm wondering if the Contemporary restaurants will all be open with that resort under refurbishment this summer (hoping it's just rooms affected). Either way it won't make me sad to have the ability to walk over to MK every day.

It's so weird, normally I'd be finalizing my dining reservations and getting ready for that early morning craziness in a few days. I like the new dining reservation system!

Welcome!

I was definitely frazzled about dining reservations last week because my brain was still thinking "we need to finalize these this weekend!" It's great that I don't actually need to worry until May and we're having fun making a flexible dining reservation schedule for our trip where we can sit on some restaurants and see "hmm, do we really want this or would we rather someplace else?" Without feeling like we're up against a wall.

Well heard from my Disney Planner today.... we got moved to GF TPV due to CR room renovations during our trip. I’m super excited ! I’ve wanted to stay there since I was a little girl !!
Now THAT is some Pixie Dust right there!!! :tink:
It IS weird! I looked at the countdown clock on my phone the other day, saw it was 172, and nearly had a stroke until I remembered I CAN'T make dining reservations yet!!! But you know, as inconvenient as making those 180 days in advance may have been, that pales in comparison at having to choose the parks you'll visit over a YEAR in advance!!! Crazy times, my friends!
I was definitely frazzled about dining reservations last week because my brain was still thinking "we need to finalize these this weekend!" It's great that I don't actually need to worry until May and we're having fun making a flexible dining reservation schedule for our trip where we can sit on some restaurants and see "hmm, do we really want this or would we rather someplace else?" Without feeling like we're up against a wall.
Agreed. Since we're staying at BWV, I'm hoping we can get last minute reservations at some of the World Showcase restaurants, assuming there isn't a capacity issue.
Think Storybook Dining will be back?
That one seems like a logical choice, IMHO, but I'd guess it would depend more on whether or not they felt there were enough guests in the park to justify opening another restaurant?

Think Storybook Dining will be back?

That one seems like a logical choice, IMHO, but I'd guess it would depend more on whether or not they felt there were enough guests in the park to justify opening another restaurant?

I agree with the argument that they need more people to make it worthwhile. I think the characters and if they can find a way to circulate them safely (like at CM, GG and Toppolino's) is also an issue. I think they need the characters there to make the trip to WL "worth it" for people. Having visited when it was AP and the food was excellent but the restaurant was under appreciated, and also once it changed to Storybook, I think it's definitely a consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter