***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

Here's my July trip planning progress report: :D
  • Hotels booked...check
  • ADRs booked (mostly)...check
  • Cruise booked...check
  • Transportation arranged (we are driving)...check
So the basics are covered. Still to come are:
  • DCL check-in (we're first timers, so can't do this for awhile yet)
  • FP+ bookings
  • Online hotel check-in (if we elect to do that; have heard mixed opinions)
Currently obsessing about:
  • Watching for RoL dining packages to become available for July
  • Watching for Trattoria's new character breakfast bookings to open (and then hoping they will be available in July)
  • Watching for the DVC Moonlight Magic nights at Typhoon Lagoon in July to open for reservations
  • Waiting for summer park hours to be updated (I have a feeling this will be a long wait)
  • Whether I'm forgetting about anything else I should be obsessing about!
Things I could be planning but am procrastinating on (not "fun" planning stuff):
  • Booking wheelchair for my mom
  • Creating a list of breakfast, snack, and beverage items to have on-hand
  • Linking my mom's ticket to MDE for future FP+ planning
How's everyone else doing!? :-)
Did you see Trattoria's character breakfast opened this morning?!? Just want to make sure no one misses out!

Did you see Trattoria's character breakfast opened this morning?!? Just want to make sure no one misses out!
It looks like fun! I glanced at the menu too and it looks good. We are cheaping out this year and only doing quick service. I'd totally book it though if I wasn't.

Yes, my DDs 22 and 15 insisted we go to see the Tangled characters, so I was up early yesterday to reserve the Bon Voyage.

Just saw the times loaded for EMM in July, not bookable yet, but soon! Sundays and a few Tuesdays. Finally things are happening, now if ROL dining...

Yes, my DDs 22 and 15 insisted we go to see the Tangled characters, so I was up early yesterday to reserve the Bon Voyage.

Just saw the times loaded for EMM in July, not bookable yet, but soon! Sundays and a few Tuesdays. Finally things are happening, now if ROL dining...
We met Rapunzel (my daughters favorite) and Flynn at MVMCP and it was THE BEST character interaction of our trip! The chemistry between the 2 was awesome and my girl was star struck! Can't wait for this breakfast!

And I keep looking for EMM too

I should know this but could someone please tell me what EMM is?
Yup! EMM is early morning magic is a ticketed event where you are let in early to ride a few select rides (7 dwarves and Winnie the Pooh just to name a few) and breakfast included

Early Morning Magic at MK. :)

Yup! EMM is early morning magic is a ticketed event where you are let in early to ride a few select rides (7 dwarves and Winnie the Pooh just to name a few) and breakfast included

Thank you both…I feel silly now for not figuring this out :) TISHLOVESDISNEY, you indicated that you saw the times loaded for EMM in July but that the dates are not yet bookable. Can I be a bother and ask where you saw this info posted? I was actually hoping that they might offer Disney After Hours in July but I'm not sure that this will be an option during the busy summer months. EMM might be another possible option if I can drag my kids out of bed early :) Thanks again!!

What are every ones plans for mid day when it is so hot?

It is going to be tricky, because I can sometimes get sun sick. :crazy2: I spent most of my life in the sun too, so it is crazy now that I am in my 40s, can't do it.
Soo, I bought a good hat, and I am planning our days early and either leaving by noon, or atleast in air conditioning for a lunch and then leave shortly after. Head back for night time stuff.

Our plans:
(Tuesday check in to PBH)
Wednesday July 12 check in to BC after morning/early afternoon at Universal
B&C for light dinner, heavy dessert. :)
Thursday: Epcot EMH
Via Napoli lunch at 11:30
head back to BC
eat around worlds for dinner and maybe catch Illuminations or skip and get to bed
Friday:HS
RDish
Right now I have Minnie Fantasmic lunch @ 11:30, then leave to resort, head back to HS for dinner at Scifi and Fantasmic. BUT, my kids decided they may want to skip Fantasmic and do Star Wars Dessert party, so I will watch for that, and probably do Scifi around 11:30, then head to resort, then back for dessert party...
Saturday: 10am Bon Voyage breakfast
Check in to Poly, chill at pool
SOA @ 8:15
Sunday: EMM, leave around 12
pool, Ohana @ 4
head back to MK for Garden View Dessert party
Monday: still not sure, but most likely MK
BOG 8am OR RD and CP @ 10:30
leave park by noon check into POR
DS and eat at Trex @ 5 or rest and order pizza
Tuesday: AK
TH 8am
leave by 1 I hope, depends on Pandora and FPs
ROL hopefully 1st show
Wednesday: DS eat at Trex if not Monday, or Homecoming around 11:30
Head to Daytona Beach for a night, then home :(

What are every ones plans for mid day when it is so hot?
When it rains it does cool it off a bit but last year it did not rain the entire length of our trip until the day we left. With that said after last year I booked a cabana everyday of our trip to make sure we are in that pool some time during the day this year.

Last edited:

@pepe -- I did see it, thank you! I was out of town, but was able to book it on my phone. Saw that booking opened in my DIS Daily Update that morning. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter