***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

We will be there July 1-7th at the Polynesian.

Wondering if anyone else is stalking stalking for things to book that aren't available yet. ROL dining packages just loaded but only until the end of June uhhhhh

I wound up booking a dinner for ROL on 6/30 our arrival night. I am going to keep looking for a breakfast in July.

Yep, me! I woke up at 4:55 CT to check the ROL dining, only to scroll thru to nothing for July. Also still watching for EMM, and the new character breakfast, and possibly Illuminations dessert party.
Frustrating, but I suppose it gives me something to do until May when FP booking opens. :teeth:

Looking for those as well and the Star Wars dessert party instead of Illuminations. OMG I can't even think about FP haha Lucky to be planning that's for sure tho

We ended up booking a TH ROL package for dinner the night we are hoping to see RoL - I was able to do because we are arriving June 24 - I'm not sure if we will keep it - if we can get a FP+ for it - we'll have to decide when we get closer and really look at our ADRs. I'm wondering if AK FP's will end up getting tiered with the 2 new rides at Pandora opening and ROL - I could see people want just those 3 FP's which would cause a bit of an issue - we'll have to wait and see!

We ended up booking a TH ROL package for dinner the night we are hoping to see RoL - I was able to do because we are arriving June 24 - I'm not sure if we will keep it - if we can get a FP+ for it - we'll have to decide when we get closer and really look at our ADRs. I'm wondering if AK FP's will end up getting tiered with the 2 new rides at Pandora opening and ROL - I could see people want just those 3 FP's which would cause a bit of an issue - we'll have to wait and see!

I've been thinking about the tiered possibility too. We're not big on rope drop anymore, but I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and rope drop AK.

I've been thinking about the tiered possibility too. We're not big on rope drop anymore, but I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and rope drop AK.

Because we are going to be down there for 2 weeks, we have one night and two mornings planned for AK - we aren't big on all-day trips to parks - we like to either do a morning and leave after lunch or go into the park in the late afternoon and stay for the evening. On longer trips like this one, we have the luxury to do that (and with AP's it's not like we feel like we need to use a day park ticket to its fullest extent) - so I think we will plan 2 RD mornings (and even an EMH AM one) and then head over the one afternoon and spend the evening - that way if they do tier that park, we should still be able to get to all of them using FP... we'll see...

Because we are going to be down there for 2 weeks, we have one night and two mornings planned for AK - we aren't big on all-day trips to parks - we like to either do a morning and leave after lunch or go into the park in the late afternoon and stay for the evening. On longer trips like this one, we have the luxury to do that (and with AP's it's not like we feel like we need to use a day park ticket to its fullest extent) - so I think we will plan 2 RD mornings (and even an EMH AM one) and then head over the one afternoon and spend the evening - that way if they do tier that park, we should still be able to get to all of them using FP... we'll see...

That sounds like a good plan. We will also be there for two weeks with AP's. I'm hoping I can get fp's for the new rides so I can head to the Safari or EE at rope drop. I figure the masses will be heading to Pandora first thing in the morning. I'd rather hit it up later if I have fp's.

Just thought I would post how we handled the Jungle Book dining package last year.

Breakfast at Tusker house package super early, then FOTLK, Flights of Wonder, and Dinosaur POOL BREAK at the resort
Back in the evening for Safari, planned on eating in the Market but it was still just too hot so we ended up at the bar in Yak and Yeti
Did our Jungle Book show, then Everest in the dark a few times, dance party, then over to the Tree of Life for several awakenings

July is just super hot big tip for the ROL bring a towel or something to sit on unless they have adjusted the seating because that concrete is warm, thankfully I had some with us

I definitely think the FP will be tiered so not sure how I'm gong to plan for this short trip our big trip is in Dec a lot cooler and low crowds with AP's we will probably get whatever we don't do this trip done then.

That sounds like a good plan. We will also be there for two weeks with AP's. I'm hoping I can get fp's for the new rides so I can head to the Safari or EE at rope drop. I figure the masses will be heading to Pandora first thing in the morning. I'd rather hit it up later if I have fp's.

Totally agree with you!

Hey Everyone!!
My husband and I along with our daughter are heading to BWV from July 8-July 16!!! We are celebrating our Daughter's High School Graduation!! So excited! I have already booked some of our Must Do's but am "trying" to not overplan (which is my norm). We were hoping to go a little less crazed this time which is why we added a few extra days this time around!

Hey Everyone!!
My husband and I along with our daughter are heading to BWV from July 8-July 16!!! We are celebrating our Daughter's High School Graduation!! So excited! I have already booked some of our Must Do's but am "trying" to not overplan (which is my norm). We were hoping to go a little less crazed this time which is why we added a few extra days this time around!
:welcome: Dates added!

Here's my July trip planning progress report: :D
  • Hotels booked...check
  • ADRs booked (mostly)...check
  • Cruise booked...check
  • Transportation arranged (we are driving)...check
So the basics are covered. Still to come are:
  • DCL check-in (we're first timers, so can't do this for awhile yet)
  • FP+ bookings
  • Online hotel check-in (if we elect to do that; have heard mixed opinions)
Currently obsessing about:
  • Watching for RoL dining packages to become available for July
  • Watching for Trattoria's new character breakfast bookings to open (and then hoping they will be available in July)
  • Watching for the DVC Moonlight Magic nights at Typhoon Lagoon in July to open for reservations
  • Waiting for summer park hours to be updated (I have a feeling this will be a long wait)
  • Whether I'm forgetting about anything else I should be obsessing about!
Things I could be planning but am procrastinating on (not "fun" planning stuff):
  • Booking wheelchair for my mom
  • Creating a list of breakfast, snack, and beverage items to have on-hand
  • Linking my mom's ticket to MDE for future FP+ planning
How's everyone else doing!? :-)

Here's my July trip planning progress report: :D
  • Hotels booked...check
  • ADRs booked (mostly)...check
  • Cruise booked...check
  • Transportation arranged (we are driving)...check
So the basics are covered. Still to come are:
  • DCL check-in (we're first timers, so can't do this for awhile yet)
  • FP+ bookings
  • Online hotel check-in (if we elect to do that; have heard mixed opinions)
Currently obsessing about:
  • Watching for RoL dining packages to become available for July
  • Watching for Trattoria's new character breakfast bookings to open (and then hoping they will be available in July)
  • Watching for the DVC Moonlight Magic nights at Typhoon Lagoon in July to open for reservations
  • Waiting for summer park hours to be updated (I have a feeling this will be a long wait)
  • Whether I'm forgetting about anything else I should be obsessing about!
Things I could be planning but am procrastinating on (not "fun" planning stuff):
  • Booking wheelchair for my mom
  • Creating a list of breakfast, snack, and beverage items to have on-hand
  • Linking my mom's ticket to MDE for future FP+ planning
How's everyone else doing!? :-)

Well, you sound pretty organized to me. :)
The only thing I'm waiting for is fp's and I'll do online check in.
We're also driving, but I keep checking on flights in case there is a really good deal.

Hey Everyone!!

We are doing the same. I have booked ADRs but we are trying to keep planning to a minimum. I hope to add my 15 year old son and he will be spending more time in the parks than my daughter and myself

It's getting closer!!! We are flying out overnight on 7/7 and will stay 7/8 at Beach Club. We've never stayed at a Boardwalk resort so that is very exciting. Added a park pass for the 8th since we land at MCO by 9:30 am, figured we could spend some time at Epcot. We are off on the Dream on 7/9 for the double dip cruise, eagerly looking forward to diving The Tongue of the Ocean in Nassau and of course two beach days at Castaway Cay. Back at WDW on 7/14 to stay at GF for 4 nights then home on the 18th. Booked Beaches and Cream for the 8th and tentative ADRs for when we get back to WDW, but will probably change them around as it gets closer. This trip will be about experiences than the restaurants as we have hit up most of them. Considering the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise and the night time Safari and possible the Dolphin Swim at Epcot. How to make the days go faster to get to July????

We did some changing of plans around and am now looking at July 21-29 with DH, DD 12, DD 7, DS 10 and my parents. My parents have never been before and my kids are looking forward to showing Grammy and Papa everything they love! Haven't chosen resort yet as I am waiting to have AP discounts to be released. Would love AKL but if all we can do is one of the All Stars then that is okay too! We will be at WDW!

We did some changing of plans around and am now looking at July 21-29 with DH, DD 12, DD 7, DS 10 and my parents. My parents have never been before and my kids are looking forward to showing Grammy and Papa everything they love! Haven't chosen resort yet as I am waiting to have AP discounts to be released. Would love AKL but if all we can do is one of the All Stars then that is okay too! We will be at WDW!
:welcome: Dates added! Let me know when you have a resort. :)

Well we still haven't decided on a resort yet, but I did have to change around a couple ARD's, so I have a BOG dinner for 5 available on July 22 at 6:25. I have posted on the cancellation thread also, but I thought I would let you all know too! Send me a PM if you would like this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter