***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

So we had to do a little change and our dates got moved up a week. We are now booked for July 14-22, 2017 at POR! My dream resort is the Poly, but for the price of Poly I can stay at POR, buy tickets for the family, and fly down, so POR it is. Now I just have to get excited about this! I know we will love the resort, but I have never stayed there so not sure what to expect!

Agree that was my situation as well. I booked free dining for this year during a split stay at these resorts and wound up booking a split stay again. I had wanted to book the Poly for the whole time but could not justify the expensive. The Poly was not only the resort I stayed at during my first trip as a teen but they went out of their way for us last trip so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

We had a great time at POR last year. Although it is big it did not feel big.

Anyone else stalking daily for Rivers of Light dining package and Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic bookings to open up?

What is the Thyphoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic? I booked ROL for the 30th the day we come in but hoping to get a breakfast during the week. I do not like having big plans for arrival day and am not sure we will like Tusker dinner

Greetings! I'll be at the Poly *Club Level* woot! woot! July 1-8. Happy to have found this thread.

I too am obsessively checking for ROL dining packages to be released for July. I'm also still trying to decide on the best option for July 4 at Epcot. I'm a bit late to find a good restaurant reservation for viewing. Do you think there will be an Illuminations dessert party scheduled for that evening? I've been checking for that too.

I booked an Illuminations Fireworks cruise for July 4 but it was $$$$! About 3 times the regular cost. We are trying to decided if it is worth it. Anyone done one of those before? Illuminations is nice but not my favorite fireworks show, but I've heard great things about the finale on July 4. It would be nice not to have to use a park ticket - planning to just hang by the pool that day. I don't mind the crowds or getting back late if we end up viewing from inside the park, but others I'm traveling with do.

Greetings! I'll be at the Poly *Club Level* woot! woot! July 1-8. Happy to have found this thread.

I too am obsessively checking for ROL dining packages to be released for July. I'm also still trying to decide on the best option for July 4 at Epcot. I'm a bit late to find a good restaurant reservation for viewing. Do you think there will be an Illuminations dessert party scheduled for that evening? I've been checking for that too.

I booked an Illuminations Fireworks cruise for July 4 but it was $$$$! About 3 times the regular cost. We are trying to decided if it is worth it. Anyone done one of those before? Illuminations is nice but not my favorite fireworks show, but I've heard great things about the finale on July 4. It would be nice not to have to use a park ticket - planning to just hang by the pool that day. I don't mind the crowds or getting back late if we end up viewing from inside the park, but others I'm traveling with do.
:welcome: Dates added!

What is the Thyphoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic? I booked ROL for the 30th the day we come in but hoping to get a breakfast during the week. I do not like having big plans for arrival day and am not sure we will like Tusker dinner
Moonlight magic is the DVC member party. We went last year with my dad, it was fun but crowded

The Illumination s cruise is fabulous. We did that a few years ago. I heard Capa is pretty amazing although you would need to take a car, you can see all the fireworks from that rooftop view. My dad and stepmom just ate their after the princess half.

We are planning a pool day that day as well. We have an early dinner at Ohana and plan on watching the fireworks from the beach

We are planning a pool day that day as well. We have an early dinner at Ohana and plan on watching the fireworks from the beach
Honestly I think that is the best plan for the 4th. We are heading to a water park for RD and then to Spice Road Table for a late dinner. We're at BWV and won't have an awesome view of fireworks right from our resort so we have to head into Epcot. Although I may switch to DHS. Really wish they'd extend the fireworks and ROL calendars!

We just booked our 4th of July trip, July 1st to 5th at the BC. I saw that airfare for those dates went really low yesterday and when the travel agent came in with a good discount for the BC, we couldn't pass it up. We're excited to see the 4th of July fireworks in Epcot and check out the new Avatarland at AK. :)

Does anyone know if DHS does anything special for 4th of July?

We just booked our 4th of July trip, July 1st to 5th at the BC. I saw that airfare for those dates went really low yesterday and when the travel agent came in with a good discount for the BC, we couldn't pass it up. We're excited to see the 4th of July fireworks in Epcot and check out the new Avatarland at AK. :)

:welcome: Dates added! So awesome to be able to walk back to your hotel room after those amazing Epcot fireworks!

I know that @kennythepirate mentioned in his crowd calendar that is the park he recommends for fireworks. I'm actually hoping for a Star Wars dessert party that night. We currently have a Spice Road Table ADR but it is too early in the evening (7pm) we can't sit there for 3 hours. That would be very rude even if we are super tippers!

I seriously am ready to go crazy with my summer schedule already! Once again we have to change our trip! AHHH! My DS is playing on a travel baseball team and they have added a tournament when we are supposed to be in Disney, so here we are changing back to November! We are going over Thanksgiving (have never been during this time) but was able to get a deal over Thanksgiving! Hope everyone enjoys their summer trips! I will be reading in envy until we can get there!

I seriously am ready to go crazy with my summer schedule already! Once again we have to change our trip! AHHH! My DS is playing on a travel baseball team and they have added a tournament when we are supposed to be in Disney, so here we are changing back to November! We are going over Thanksgiving (have never been during this time) but was able to get a deal over Thanksgiving! Hope everyone enjoys their summer trips! I will be reading in envy until we can get there!
Bummer about the reschedule but the weather and the holiday decorations will more than make up for it!

Anybody thinking about plans yet? We are thinking of doing the Luau one night and Ohana for either breakfast or dinner on the 4th. Only been to Ohana once and it was not a good experience but thinking of giving it a second chance. Now I am thinking that at least my 15 year old will be joining us
We love Ohana! The pineapple bread and pot stickers are scrumptious, not to mention the dessert and all the grilled meats. It is a must do every trip. And for breakfast, if you haven't tried the Tonga toast...it's to die for. If you don't do a sit down breakfast there, you can get it at Captain Cooks in the morning.

We went at Thanksgiving in 2015. The weather was so perfect, not too hot. It didn't seem anymore crowded than at other times in the park. One night we were at MK and it rained, I mean torrential downpour. We got on every ride, over and over...the park was empty. It was a Disney Miracle!

Well I went all out this morning for my two week Disney vacation and I booked exactly 1 ADR. :rotfl:

I booked a late BOG lunch for the 4th of July. We decided to stick to counter service. I may add something else down the road.
We are going July 21 - 28th. I couldn't get BOG for the date I wanted but that's okay. We got everything else we wanted. The lunch there is okay but nothing that great. The desserts aren't that spectacular either but the atmosphere is so cool. Will skip it this time. There are some things we just save for the next visit instead of rushing around to everything. It works for us.

Thanks everyone! I booked some restaurants this morning and I'm just so excited!! Tusker House, Akershus, Be our Guest, Crystal Palace, and 'Ohana. I did not think I wanted to do the dining plan, in case we wanted to go eat somewhere off property (like go grab pizza or chick fil a to save some $, since we are driving and will have our car). But then I looked at the prices of the restaurants I picked and...wow! Holy smokes, EXPENSIVE! But like I said, we don't go often and I want to go to some fun places, especially character meals. I crunched the #'s and it looks like we will save $ on the kids, and break even or come out ahead slightly with the adults. I calculated the cost of the table service dinners (they are all easy, no menus, just the one price!) and if I add in 15$ for BOG lunch each, that gives us $60 left over to cover 3 more quick service lunches, all the snacks, and the mug. So looooooonnng story short I think I will buy the DDP!
Yeah, the buffet's are especially expensive, especially if it's a character meal. But...it's all part of the experience. We booked Crystal Palace because it's the best place in MK to eat, then be right there for the fireworks. BOG would be good too, but the menu isn't that fantastic, it's more about atmosphere and it is one of the best for that. Also, the fireworks from that side of the park are amazing! You can't see the castle but the fireworks are right over your head.

That was my reason for the Poly as well. I was able to get Ohana a little earlier though. I do not know about getting up to view the fireworks from the sounds of it that will probubly be around the time you are seated I would keep checking for a better time
The fireworks from Poly are just okay, nothing like being at MK. But, if you are already viewing at MK on another night, it's kind of cool to watch from the beach.

Hi all! I am relatively new to both the Dis Boards and Disney trips. We booked our first ever on-site trip to Disney World (second-ever trip to WDW) for July 16-22nd, staying at POR. It's part of a larger trip that will actually start with a day at DLR, some time in NM and TX, ending at WDW. Feeling excited, and nervous that I will mess something up and we won't have fun. It somehow feels like a lot of pressure!
LOL! It can seem overwhelming if you don't do any planning ahead. There is just so much to see and do, it's hard to get it all in. That's when it gets crazy. Plan some down time during the day, pace yourself instead of rushing around and absolutely book ADR's and FP+...you will be fine...it's an amazing place!

I guess we're part of the July group, because the overwhelming bulk of our days are July. Officially, we're June 30th to July 16th. We're summer WDW vets, probably our 7th or 8th summer trip. Buying an AP when we're down there, like we did in summer 2015, so it'll be the first of many trips from July 2017 to July 2018. Can't wait!!!!
So being summer people, tell me how long you had to wait in line without a FP+?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter