• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Is there a bus from each of the resorts? Do they go regularly?

Basically I'm staying offsite and would like a laid-back day/afternoon wandering round DTD at some point. Our hotel provides free shuttle service to the parks.

Is there a recommended resort to get the DTD bus from? Ideally one reached easily from the park itself as that's where I'd be dropped off!

I'd be in no rush to get there but didn't know how would be easiest.
Depends on which park you'll be at. If at MK, I would go over to the CR and take their bus. If at Epcot, I would go to BC, out the back door of Epcot. If at DHS, boat or walk to BW and take their bus. If at AK, then bus to AKL and bus to DTD from there.
Or, you can take the bus from any park to SSR and then either walk or bus over to DTD...that is the closest resort to DTD.

Depends on which park you'll be at. If at MK, I would go over to the CR and take their bus. If at Epcot, I would go to BC, out the back door of Epcot. If at DHS, boat or walk to BW and take their bus. If at AK, then bus to AKL and bus to DTD from there.
Or, you can take the bus from any park to SSR and then either walk or bus over to DTD...that is the closest resort to DTD.

If you're coming from off-site just to go to DTD, Epcot followed by DHS are the closest parks to DTD, and also the shortest bus rides to Saratoga Springs. If you don't want to walk from Saratoga (about 1/2 mi.), take either the SSR or Old Key West bus, whichever comes first. The load zones for those 2 resorts are adjacent at both Epcot & DHS, and both are on the way to DTD. Each of these 2 resorts also have boat service to DTD; SSR is just across the lake, while OKW is a longer ride down a nice wooded canal. The boats are open air with a canopy, so it's a very pleasant ride.

If you're coming from off-site to MK, your bus will drop you off at the TTC, not at the park. From the TTC, the closest resort is the Polynesian; you can either walk or take the Resort Monorail one stop to it.

And yes, buses run to DTD from every WDW resort about every 20 minutes.

If you're coming from off-site just to go to DTD, Epcot followed by DHS are the closest parks to DTD, and also the shortest bus rides to Saratoga Springs. If you don't want to walk from Saratoga (about 1/2 mi.), take either the SSR or Old Key West bus, whichever comes first. The load zones for those 2 resorts are adjacent at both Epcot & DHS, and both are on the way to DTD. Each of these 2 resorts also have boat service to DTD; SSR is just across the lake, while OKW is a longer ride down a nice wooded canal. The boats are open air with a canopy, so it's a very pleasant ride.

If you're coming from off-site to MK, your bus will drop you off at the TTC, not at the park. From the TTC, the closest resort is the Polynesian; you can either walk or take the Resort Monorail one stop to it.

And yes, buses run to DTD from every WDW resort about every 20 minutes.

Absolutely. I was just assuming (knowing what happens when you do that) that the poster was going to a park first, and wanted to get to DTD from that park...not sure which park though.

Absolutely. I was just assuming (knowing what happens when you do that) that the poster was going to a park first, and wanted to get to DTD from that park...not sure which park though.

Yep. When the OP said she would be "dropped off" at a park, I went the other way with it.

How to get to golf courses from Ft Wilderness?

We'll be staying at Ft. Wilderness with no vehicle.... we have tickets to the Children's Miracle Network Classic PGA event to be held at the Disney Magnolia and Palms golf courses.

Is a cab our only choice for transportation between the two?? Have there ever been shuttles of any sort?? Thanks to all for your brain power!!

How to get to golf courses from Ft Wilderness?

We'll be staying at Ft. Wilderness with no vehicle.... we have tickets to the Children's Miracle Network Classic PGA event to be held at the Disney Magnolia and Palms golf courses.

Is a cab our only choice for transportation between the two?? Have there ever been shuttles of any sort?? Thanks to all for your brain power!!

Just take the boat to the MK (or the CR, if it's too early), and then the Monorail or boat to the Polynesian. It's an easy walk from there to the course, which is near the Shades of Green.

But if you're there for an event, you might watch for shuttles. Someone was saying that they do that for the marathon. You might have to take a "World" tour so to speak, but you might not have to do all the running around. Though from Ft. Wildnerness it might be easier than from other resorts.

I could be wrong (it's been awhile since we needed to do it), but don't the resorts get you a cab, or a van ride, gratis if you have booked tee times at a WDW golf course?

You are correct, Transportation to and from Disney golf courses is complimentary. Just let bell services know when you are going and they will arrange for a cab. After playing let them know in the Pro shop and they will get you a cab back to your resort.
Tipping is the responsibility of the guest.

Added: I don't believe complimentary transportation would include getting to or from the Children's Miracle Network Pro tournament. There may be more info on that on the Disney golf website.

Well, we're not actually *playing* in the tournaments.... just tickets as spectators, part of the gallery that follows the players along.

So, there *are* some shuttles, possibly... interesting. Think that the Ft. Wilderness Concierge would know and direct us??

Well, we're not actually *playing* in the tournaments.... just tickets as spectators, part of the gallery that follows the players along.

So, there *are* some shuttles, possibly... interesting. Think that the Ft. Wilderness Concierge would know and direct us??

The tournament website say that parking for the tournament is at the MK parking lot and continuous shuttles will be provide from there to the tournament entrance. They do not elaborate as to how resort guests without their own transportation can get to the shuttle locations. Perhaps someone at bell services or the concierge desk will know.

I was hoping to go myself this year, but I'll be at the world the week after.

Will be at DHS for early dinner on a nighttime EMH at MK. Want to watch fireworks from Poly. So bus from DHS to Poly, but after Wishes, best way from Poly to MK: monorail or boat?
TIA

DHS to DTD? I will be visiting WDW in a few weeks with DH and DMIL and I will be the "up and at-em" girl while they are the "take our time and get there when we get there" folks. As a result, I will be at DHS for the TSM dash at rope drop and will then hit TOT and RNR as many times as possible before heading to meet the slow pokes at DTD for some lunch. My questions are: Should I just take the bus back to our resort (POR) and then take the boat to DTD? Should they wait for me to get back to the resort and then we could drive to DTD together? My MIL can walk but uses a wheelchair for long distances so I'm wondering if it's best for them to drive or should we all take the boat? Is there a better way for me to get to DTD from DHS and bypass POR altogether? Finally, how much time do you think I should allow? Sorry for all the questions! This thread is great! Thanks so much for the help!

Will be at DHS for early dinner on a nighttime EMH at MK. Want to watch fireworks from Poly. So bus from DHS to Poly, but after Wishes, best way from Poly to MK: monorail or boat?
TIA
I would take the monorail. Most people will be getting off the monorail at this time, so it should be easier. But, the boat is fine if it's coming in to the dock and there aren't a ton of people waiting for it. It should go directly to MK from the Polynesian.

DHS to DTD? I will be visiting WDW in a few weeks with DH and DMIL and I will be the "up and at-em" girl while they are the "take our time and get there when we get there" folks. As a result, I will be at DHS for the TSM dash at rope drop and will then hit TOT and RNR as many times as possible before heading to meet the slow pokes at DTD for some lunch. My questions are: Should I just take the bus back to our resort (POR) and then take the boat to DTD? Should they wait for me to get back to the resort and then we could drive to DTD together? My MIL can walk but uses a wheelchair for long distances so I'm wondering if it's best for them to drive or should we all take the boat? Is there a better way for me to get to DTD from DHS and bypass POR altogether? Finally, how much time do you think I should allow? Sorry for all the questions! This thread is great! Thanks so much for the help!
You could head to BW and take their bus to DTD. There really is no 'fast' way to DTD from a park. I guess it all depends on how quickly you have to get there. I would say you may be okay if you just head back to POR. Then, you can decide if you all want to take the boat, or if it's best to drive.

Go back to POR and take the boat. It's a lovely ride, perfect for the laid back types in your group, and you can all share some more time together enjoying it. Wheelchairs are easily accommodated on the river cruise boats.

Assuming max wait times:
20 - wait for bus
15 - bus DHS to POR
20 - wait for boat
20 - boat POR to DTD (just guessing)
---------------
75 minutes

I'd make them pick me up....:lmao:

Because when you go out of DHS, you take a right and DTD isn't too far away. And it's not that hard to get to DHS from POR either. But that's how I roll.

Otherwise, the suggestion from the BW isn't bad, but simpler would probably be to go back to your hotel and start over. That is, if you can't get them to pick you up. ;)

I don't know why I never thought about asking them to pick me up! I guess I assumed it's a hassle to pick someone up at one of the parks. Hmm.... I guess if they aren't interested in that option I will just hop on a bus back to POR and we can decide from there the best way to get there. Thanks for the help!

Great thread with great info!
Does anyone know what the transport time & approximate cost would be of a taxi from MK to DHS? Or would it be (almost) as fast to walk to the Contemporary & take a bus from there to DHS? Thanks in advance!

eta: are there buses that go directly from park to park?

Great thread with great info!
Does anyone know what the transport time & approximate cost would be of a taxi from MK to DHS? Or would it be (almost) as fast to walk to the Contemporary & take a bus from there to DHS? Thanks in advance!
Just walk over to the CR (takes about 8 mins) and get the bus there. Or, ferry or monorail to the TTC and take the direct DHS bus from there. No way would I pay for a cab.

Any chance anyone knows the best way to get to shades of green? We're staying at Bay Lake Towers but need to go over to Shades of Green to pick up Armed Forces Salute tickets for family (DH is military) on our arrival day. We check in around noon and thought we would head over there first thing.. don't have anything else planned until Dinner at Chef Mickey's that evening. It will be DH, myself and DD (18 months), although I imagine we could split up and DD and I go into MK (we have annual passes) if it would require lots of bus transfers or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter