Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

One more transportation question - we will be traveling from AKL to the Poly for the Spirit of Aloha show. What would be the best way...transfer through AK, MK, or do you suggest another route? And how much time should we allow ourselves to get there?

I would head to MK and then take the boat to the Polynesian, but you could take the bus to AK and then transfer to the Polynesian bus there. I prefer bus to MK, boat to Polynesian.

Hello,:goodvibes

I have a Disney Transportation question: After our day in Animal Kingdom, we would like to go to Chef Mickey's for dinner, how would we do this?

Thank you!:)
Take the bus to the CR...easy peasy. If you were to be at AKL, we would tell you to take the bus to MK and then walk to CR. But since you'll be at the park, you can take the Contemporary bus right from there.

Hope someone can help!

We're staying at Pop and have a 7:40am reservation at O'Hana. From there, we will be heading to Epcot. We do have a vehicle with us if needed.

Hope someone can help!

We're staying at Pop and have a 7:40am reservation at O'Hana. From there, we will be heading to Epcot. We do have a vehicle with us if needed.
Since you have a car, I would take that. You can park right at the Polynesian for breakfast and then drive over to Epcot.

If, for some reason, you don't want to take the car...be out at the MK bus stop by 6:30. Get the MK bus and then monorail over to the Polynesian. You can let the driver know that you are headed to the Polynesian and he may be able to drop you off there on his way out of the MK area.

From POR to CR for 7:05 AM ressie on disney transportation - is it possible?

I'm thinking no, but maybe? Busses start running at 6:30AM, correct? Where/how would I find a taxi to take us there?

Thanks all!

From POR to CR for 7:05 AM ressie on disney transportation - is it possible?

I'm thinking no, but maybe? Busses start running at 6:30AM, correct? Where/how would I find a taxi to take us there?

Thanks all!
Nope, not going to make it. 'IF' the bus came just before 6:30 and you got on and it promptly drove to MK, it would then take you another 10 mins to get to the CR via the sidewalk. The monorails don't start running that early.

So, yes, a cab is going to be your best bet. Check at the front desk and see if they can call you a cab or if valet CMs should do it.

Nope, not going to make it. 'IF' the bus came just before 6:30 and you got on and it promptly drove to MK, it would then take you another 10 mins to get to the CR via the sidewalk. The monorails don't start running that early.

So, yes, a cab is going to be your best bet. Check at the front desk and see if they can call you a cab or if valet CMs should do it.

How about a 7:30 AM ressie - would we make it on time?

Is there a boat shuttle service between all the parks?

I'm staying offsite so will get the hotel shuttle to a park then if I want to go to go to a different park after lunch I'll need a plan :)

It's good to know there's the option of walking from Epcot to DHS - is it well signposted?! I can just see us getting lost! Are there any other parks you walk between?

And lastly would you recommend the boats as the best option if you're not in a rush? (I know there's a monorail between Epcot and Magic Kingdom).

Thanks everyone :flower3:

How about a 7:30 AM ressie - would we make it on time?
Well, if you are on the first bus, which means getting to the bus stop no later than 6:15, you should be able to get to MK by 7ish. Then, it's about an 8 min walk to the CR. So, yes, you should be able to just make a 7:30 ADR. BUT, if you miss that first bus, all bets are off. Another bus may not be there until close to 7:50. These early buses run much less frequently than the regular buses do.

Is there a boat shuttle service between all the parks?

I'm staying offsite so will get the hotel shuttle to a park then if I want to go to go to a different park after lunch I'll need a plan :)

It's good to know there's the option of walking from Epcot to DHS - is it well signposted?! I can just see us getting lost! Are there any other parks you walk between?

And lastly would you recommend the boats as the best option if you're not in a rush? (I know there's a monorail between Epcot and Magic Kingdom).

Thanks everyone :flower3:
There is boat service between MK and the GF, Polynesian, TTC and WL/FtW.
There is boat service at DHS and Epcot...the boat starts at one and ends at the other..takes about 25 mins not including wait times. The Epcot boat dock is just past the International Gateway (Epcot's back door, so to speak). These boats will also stop at BW, YC/BC and the S/D inbetween DHS and Epcot.
There is also boat service between DTD and SSR, and OKW and POR.

There will be bus service between the different parks. When at MK, you will have to head to TTC, and get a bus to either DHS or AK there..there are none at the MK bus stops...those are for resort buses only. IF at MK and wanting to head to Epcot, you should take the monorail over to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot monorail.
When at DHS, there will be bus service to the front of Epcot, AK and TTC.
At AK, there will be bus service to Epcot, DHS, and TTC.
It is very easy to go from park to park.

There are no buses that run between any parks and DTD.

A perfect answer - thanks so much I really appreciate it, it's the thing that's been stressing me most! :)

A perfect answer - thanks so much I really appreciate it, it's the thing that's been stressing me most! :)
Stop stressing. It's all very easy to figure out. If my dh can do it, just about anyone can!!:thumbsup2

From AK to FW campground for HDDMR? I was thinking of taking bus to MK TTC and then taking the bus over to the Fort. Good plan?

Also, our reservation for HDDMR is at 5:00, so we need to be there at 4:30. What time should we leave AK?

Thanks guys. The advice on this board is priceless!

From AK to FW campground for HDDMR? I was thinking of taking bus to MK TTC and then taking the bus over to the Fort. Good plan?

Also, our reservation for HDDMR is at 5:00, so we need to be there at 4:30. What time should we leave AK?

Thanks guys. The advice on this board is priceless!
Bus to MK, then boat to FtW...then just walk up the path. I know you can take a bus right from AK to FtW..but then you have to take an internal bus to get to HDDR...and that always confuzzles me. I love taking the boat from MK.
To be at HDDR by 4:30, I would leave AK by 3:30..you will most likely be early but that's okay. No need to be stressing about being late.

Ok, I thought I knew what I was doing but after reading through this thread I am second guessing myself so if anyone can confirm/correct my plans please do.
We are staying at the AKL the whole trip and these are the places we need to get to.

MK day
9:15am ADR at Crystal Palace - I believe we just need to get on an early (around 8:00am) bus to MK.

9:00pm ADR at Whispering Canyon - I think we can just take a boat from MK to the Wilderness Lodge. I am thinking if we are at the head of Main Street (right by the train station) we can watch the MSEP at 7 and then head out to the dock by 8 and make our dinner in time.

EPCOT day
7:40 ADR for California Grill - I was thinking we can just get on the monorail at EPCOT and take it to the Contemporary but do we have to switch at the TTC or just stay on the same monorail? What time would you reccomend we be out the front gates of EPCOT?

Possibly DHS day (might skip it in favor of a different park)
8:00 ADR at Kona Cafe - If we do go to DHS (would be our second day there and not sure if we would rather go back to EPCOT) I assume we just hop on a bus to the Poly. If we do go with EPCOT (or MK) instead I guess we just get on the monorail, would we need to switch at TTC?

We will be there 11/29-12/8 if that has any effect on timing. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok, I thought I knew what I was doing but after reading through this thread I am second guessing myself so if anyone can confirm/correct my plans please do.
We are staying at the AKL the whole trip and these are the places we need to get to.

MK day
9:15am ADR at Crystal Palace - I believe we just need to get on an early (around 8:00am) bus to MK.

9:00pm ADR at Whispering Canyon - I think we can just take a boat from MK to the Wilderness Lodge. I am thinking if we are at the head of Main Street (right by the train station) we can watch the MSEP at 7 and then head out to the dock by 8 and make our dinner in time.

EPCOT day
7:40 ADR for California Grill - I was thinking we can just get on the monorail at EPCOT and take it to the Contemporary but do we have to switch at the TTC or just stay on the same monorail? What time would you reccomend we be out the front gates of EPCOT?

Possibly DHS day (might skip it in favor of a different park)
8:00 ADR at Kona Cafe - If we do go to DHS (would be our second day there and not sure if we would rather go back to EPCOT) I assume we just hop on a bus to the Poly. If we do go with EPCOT (or MK) instead I guess we just get on the monorail, would we need to switch at TTC?

We will be there 11/29-12/8 if that has any effect on timing. Thanks in advance for any help.
Actually, you seem to have a good handle on the whole thing. Everything is pretty much as I would do it. You do have to transfer to the Resort monorail line from the Epcot line, at the TTC though.
For your 7:40 ADR at CG, I would be out at the monorail platform at Epcot by 6:15ish....you can never tell what kind of wait times you will have. Then, there's no telling if there may be some kind of holdup along the route.

For your Kona ADR, if you are at DHS, yes, you will take a bus back to the Polyesian. If at Epcot, monorail to TTC. Then, I usually just walk over to the Polynesian, rather than monorail. Cross in front of the ticket booths, all the way across that area. You will see signage to the walkway to the Polynesian. Takes about 10-12 mins, depending on speed. Or, just transfer to the resort monorail line.
If you are going to be at MK, you can either take the boat to the Polynesian (stops at GF first), or monorail over to the Polynesian.

Actually, you seem to have a good handle on the whole thing. Everything is pretty much as I would do it. You do have to transfer to the Resort monorail line from the Epcot line, at the TTC though.
For your 7:40 ADR at CG, I would be out at the monorail platform at Epcot by 6:15ish....you can never tell what kind of wait times you will have. Then, there's no telling if there may be some kind of holdup along the route.

For your Kona ADR, if you are at DHS, yes, you will take a bus back to the Polyesian. If at Epcot, monorail to TTC. Then, I usually just walk over to the Polynesian, rather than monorail. Cross in front of the ticket booths, all the way across that area. You will see signage to the walkway to the Polynesian. Takes about 10-12 mins, depending on speed. Or, just transfer to the resort monorail line.
If you are going to be at MK, you can either take the boat to the Polynesian (stops at GF first), or monorail over to the Polynesian.

Thanks so much. I've only been once before and we didn't go anywhere that involved switching monorails so when I read that in this thread I thought I should double check my plan.

We are just going to take cabs back to AKL each night that we are eating at another hotel. It is worth the money to us to not have to worry about catching different busses, we just added the assumed cost into our budget.

I know I should know this but.... Is their a bus from Hollywood to Epcot vs. using the boat? Is it direct and faster?

I know I should know this but.... Is their a bus from Hollywood to Epcot vs. using the boat? Is it direct and faster?

Yes, it goes to the front of Epcot, whereas the boat goes to World Showcase.

Yes, it is direct.

Yes, it is faster to most of Epcot. The boat might be about the same or a bit faster to parts of World Showcase nearest the International Gateway (Great Britain, Canada, France, & Morocco.) Bus travel time is 5-10 minutes; the boat all the way is about 25 minutes.

From POR to Poly for 7:55 AM reservation.

We will be at the bus stop at 6:15 to get to MK. Can we walk to the Poly from there or do we need to get on the Monorail?

Thanks!

Monorail. If you tried walking (toward the Grand Floridian), there's a waterway that that can't be traversed. It's how the Electric Water Pageant barges get to Seven Seas Lagoon nightly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter