Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Never been to ROL. I'm not sure where the exits would be. The line for SB starts near Dinoland, Dining package by Nemo, and FP by Everest. I think ROL is from 845-9 next wknd. If trying to rush over to Pandora to get in line for an end of night FoP, is it quicker to leave ROL towards Kali, Africa route or in front of Tree of Life via Dinoland to Discovery Is direction?

No direct bus. Take bus to Pop or AoA, then bus to DS.

For a more relaxing but also time-consuming experience, take bus to OKW and then boat to DS. Get off at the 1st stop @ OKW and cross the bridge and the street to the boat dock. IIRC the 1st boat leaves OKW @ either 10am, or 11am.
Have they stopped running the after 4pm buses?

Is there any news on the Minnie vans now that (I assume) they are in trial period? What is the cost and will they be adding them to other resorts soon? Do they have car seats?

Is there any news on the Minnie vans now that (I assume) they are in trial period? What is the cost and will they be adding them to other resorts soon? Do they have car seats?
They have 2 car seats. Current resorts serviced are Epcot resorts, WL (added last week), and AKL (added yesterday).

Do a search for multiple threads containing reports of DISers' experiences.

Any suggestions on how I can get from PoP to the Polynesian by 730am?
And from PoP to the Contemporary by 645am?
TIA!

Any suggestions on how I can get from PoP to the Polynesian by 730am?
And from PoP to the Contemporary by 645am?
TIA!
I think a cab or Uber would be your best bet. You can take a bus to the MK from Pop and then walk to the CR and boat or monorail over to the Polynesian. But the buses don't start running until 6:30, so that won't work for your 6:45 time at the CR. And for a 7:30 at the Polynesian, you would have to be out at the MK bus stop by 6:30 and then hope the monorail is up and running for 7 (that's the usual time but the monorail has been notoriously inconsistent lately). So, paying for a ride to both would be your best shot.

Let me take this chance to remind people to give some thought to transportation when booking either very early, or very late, ADRs at the resorts. It can be hard to get to them using Disney transportation. And many of us forget to think about it until we get close to our trips.

If this has been answered, my apologies -- I read back a few dozen pages but didn't see it -- I'll be at WDW in SIX days. Finally! I have a breakfast ADRs at Kona and one at Boma -- we will have a rental car, so my question: can we park at the Poly and AKL just while we're dining? We'd be leaving right after to hit parks, etc and obviously taking the car. If we can park just for the duration of our ADRs, is there a charge to do so? Thanks!

If this has been answered, my apologies -- I read back a few dozen pages but didn't see it -- I'll be at WDW in SIX days. Finally! I have a breakfast ADRs at Kona and one at Boma -- we will have a rental car, so my question: can we park at the Poly and AKL just while we're dining? We'd be leaving right after to hit parks, etc and obviously taking the car. If we can park just for the duration of our ADRs, is there a charge to do so? Thanks!
You are absolutely allowed to park at a resort while eating there. You are expected to move your car when you're done. If you're planning on heading to MK after your Kona adr, I would just park at the TTC, and walk over to Kona. Then either monorail or boat to MK from the Poly.
For Boma, park, eat and then drive to the park you want to go to.

Other than uber, what is the best way to get from Blizzard Beach to Disney Springs? My family will have a car (they are staying at BB with the car, I am going to DS), so I guess it would be possible for them to drop me off at All Star or Coronado first if there is no decent bus option from Blizzard Beach.

Other than uber, what is the best way to get from Blizzard Beach to Disney Springs? My family will have a car (they are staying at BB with the car, I am going to DS), so I guess it would be possible for them to drop me off at All Star or Coronado first if there is no decent bus option from Blizzard Beach.
Yes, if you can get dropped off at CSR that would be ideal; it's only 1/2 mi. down the road from BB. You might have to talk the security guard into letting them in.

Otherwise, there is a bus from BB to CSR. You will need to get to some resort to catch a bus to DS.

This may have been asked previously, sorry if it has. Quickest way to get from Epcot to Ohana for a 4pm dinner?

We have an AK EMH planned, however I know one member of my family will struggle with that early morning trip so I am looking to save as much time as possible. Should we take Lyft/Uber instead of waiting on a bus? Are there plenty available that early? We will have a car but we won't want to be stuck with it all day. How much can we expect Lyft to cost for a ride from ASMo to AK?
Thanks!

This may have been asked previously, sorry if it has. Quickest way to get from Epcot to Ohana for a 4pm dinner?
Really only one choice: the monorail to TTC. Once at TTC, you could take the 10-minute walk to Poly, or ride the Resort Monorail one short stop.

We have an AK EMH planned, however I know one member of my family will struggle with that early morning trip so I am looking to save as much time as possible. Should we take Lyft/Uber instead of waiting on a bus? Are there plenty available that early? We will have a car but we won't want to be stuck with it all day. How much can we expect Lyft to cost for a ride from ASMo to AK?
Thanks!
There should be no problem getting Uber/Lyft, and the fare for 4 riders should be under $10, possibly the minimum which I think is around $6 now.

You might walk to the bus loading area to check the queue length. If it's more than can fit on one bus, call for Lyft/Uber at the lobby. If it looks like everyone can fit on a bus, try waiting. If a bus doesn't show up within 10 minutes or so (or at least show on the arrivals board), you can always bail out and call Lyft/Uber. Not all buses will show on the arrivals board, and ones that do sometimes won't show until about 5 minutes before arrival.

I have a question about staying off property and moving around the Disney complex using Uber/Lyft. Particularly when it comes to getting to and from the parks. How easy is it and what's the best way to do it? Go directly to the parks, or take Uber to a resort nearby and use their transportation? (A.k.a. The monorail for Epcot and MK?)

I am a passholder so if we have to rent a car we won't have to pay for parking, but we are trying to avoid using a car. Especially since we are thinking about park hopping most days.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I have a question about staying off property and moving around the Disney complex using Uber/Lyft. Particularly when it comes to getting to and from the parks. How easy is it and what's the best way to do it? Go directly to the parks, or take Uber to a resort nearby and use their transportation? (A.k.a. The monorail for Epcot and MK?)
Do you know that there is free non-stop bus transportation between parks? The only exception is between Epcot and MK: the Epcot Monorail runs between Epcot and TTC, and monorail or ferryboat between TTC & MK. You should plan on at least an hour going between parks, with walking to the stops, waiting for the bus, and going thru the bag check and turnstiles again.

If you prefer not to wait for the bus and would rather use Uber/Lyft, both services can pick up & drop off at all parks, except, again, MK. From MK, you need to get either to CR (walk or monorail) or TTC (monorail or ferryboat) to access the rideshare services. At TTC and the other 3 parks, Uber/Lyft pick up near the taxi stands. Except for very peak times (after fireworks), there are always drivers waiting in a designated remote corner of the parking lot, so your vehicle should arrive within 5 minutes.

There's also no direct bus service between DS and the parks, nor between the water parks and resorts or most parks. Uber/Lyft pick up near the entrances to both water parks, and behind HOB and the Christmas store at DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!