Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I'm having a hard time finding confirmation of this but I found an article saying there was direct transportation from the theme parks to Disney Springs after 4pm. Is this still true? Thanks in advance!

What's the best way to get from AK to Disney Springs before 4pm? The direct busses sound handy and all, but I need to get there around 1pm.

Disney Springs from AK before 4- probably quickest by Uber. You could take the bus to AKL then take the Disney Springs bus from the hotel. However the Disney Springs bus will stop at Typhoon Lagoon first.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered but I searched the thread and couldn't find it. We're thinking about trying Ohana for dinner this trip. I know if we're in the MK, we can take the monorail to Poly but what if we're coming from our resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge)? I'm trying to decide if the travel is "worth it" if we're not at MK that day. Thank you!

I apologize in advance if this has been answered but I searched the thread and couldn't find it. We're thinking about trying Ohana for dinner this trip. I know if we're in the MK, we can take the monorail to Poly but what if we're coming from our resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge)? I'm trying to decide if the travel is "worth it" if we're not at MK that day. Thank you!
You would take the bus to MK, and then the monorail or boat to Poly. Or you could take the bus to AK and then another bus to Poly. Disney recommends leaving your resort 90 minutes before your ADR.

You always transfer at an open theme park when traveling between resorts, unless they happen to be served by the same transportation line, as in travelling between 2 monorail resorts. If it's late at night and all parks have closed, you have to transfer at DS.

If you have no children under 6, you can also take Uber or Lyft between resorts. It's usually under $10.

New here, trying to get used to the language. Can someone please explain:
TTC
Uber
Also do you have to pay for monorail ?

New here, trying to get used to the language. Can someone please explain:
TTC
Uber
Also do you have to pay for monorail ?
TTC is Transportation & Ticket Center, or Ticket & Transportation Center. It is the location of the MK parking lot. Guests driving to the MK must park at TTC and take the monorail or ferry boat to the park entrance. In the past, it was also the destination for buses from other parks to MK, but a few years ago the MK bus depot was expanded and now all Disney buses to MK (from resorts and other parks) go directly to the main gate. However, TTC is still the transfer point between the MK monorails and the Epcot monorail. Guests traveling between Epcot and MK or between the monorail resorts and Epcot must transfer at TTC. It is also the location for Guest drop-off for the MK, so Uber & Lyft cars drop off & pick up here for MK. Many Guests traveling to MK by Uber, Lyft, or taxi prefer to go to Contemporary Resort, which is a 10-minute walk from the MK gate.

Uber & Lyft are alternatives to taxis. Riders download their apps and request rides on their smart phone. The companies forward those requests to independent drivers. The fares are set by the companies, who keep a substantial portion for themselves, paying a set amount to the drivers. Riders are presented either a set fare or estimate at the time they request the ride, and payment is collected within the app, usually to a preregistered credit card.

All regular WDW transportation is free, including monorails, watercraft, and buses. A new wrinkle is scheduled Express Service from within one theme park to inside another theme park, bypassing the park entrances and security. There is a charge for the Express Service, on either a daily or weekly basis. There is still free bus or monorail service between parks, dropping off and picking up outside the park gates at the normal bus depots.

Last edited:
TTC is Transportation & Ticket Center, or Ticket & Transportation Center. It is the location of the MK parking lot. Guests driving to the MK must park at TTC and take the monorail or ferry boat to the park entrance. In the past, it was also the destination for buses from other parks to MK, but a few years ago the MK bus depot was expanded and now all Disney buses to MK (from resorts and other parks) go directly to the main gate. However, TTC is still the transfer point between the MK monorails and the Epcot monorail. Guests traveling between Epcot and MK or between the monorail resorts and Epcot must transfer at TTC. It is also the location for Guest drop-off for the MK, so Uber & Lyft cars drop off & pick up here for MK. Many Guests traveling to MK by Uber, Lyft, or taxi prefer to go to Contemporary Resort, which is a 10-minute walk from the MK gate.

Uber & Lyft are alternatives to taxis. Riders download their apps and request rides on their smart phone. The companies forward those requests to independent drivers. The fares are set by the companies, who keep a substantial portion for themselves, paying a set amount to the drivers. Riders are presented either a set fare or estimate at the time they request the ride, and payment is collected within the app, usually to a preregistered credit card.

All regular WDW transportation is free, including monorails, watercraft, and buses. A new wrinkle is scheduled Express Service from within one theme park to inside another theme park, bypassing the park entrances and security. There is a charge for the Express Service, on either a daily or weekly basis. There is still free bus or monorail service between parks, dropping off and picking up outside the park gates at the normal bus depots.
This a great explanation. Thank you very much.

One more question; so the bus from your resort drops you off at the ticket gate. How much time should we allow to get inside the park? We have a breakfast at Be Our Guest at 9:25. I imagine it's a 20 min walk to BOG once inside

One more question; so the bus from your resort drops you off at the ticket gate. How much time should we allow to get inside the park? We have a breakfast at Be Our Guest at 9:25. I imagine it's a 20 min walk to BOG once inside

BOG isn't anywhere close to a 20 minute walk from where you enter MK. I'd guess well under 10.

Where is the Epcot monorail drop off point (at Epcot)? Thanks.

(More specifically, I'm wondering about how long it would take to take the monorail from CR to TTC to Ep and then walk to Chefs de France.)
I have been wondering if taking the Monorail from CR to Epcot's front entrance is the best way to get to France or if it is quicker to take an Uber/Taxi to BC or BWI and enter through the International Gateway?? Can anyone offer up an informed opinion?

I have been wondering if taking the Monorail from CR to Epcot's front entrance is the best way to get to France or if it is quicker to take an Uber/Taxi to BC or BWI and enter through the International Gateway?? Can anyone offer up an informed opinion?
A taxi will be faster. Taking the monorail, you have to transfer lines. France is the second closest country to the International Gateway. Either Boardwalk or Beach Club would be a good choice.

My family and I have reservations for the All-Star Movies Resort. However, we have reservations at O'hana Breakfast at 7:35 the morning that we will be visiting Epcot. We were really hoping to be able to ride the monorail while visiting the World this time. However, we have never done so and was hoping that we could get some advice on the best way to get to the Polynesian and then to Epcot. We will have a car available, but are just wanting to experience the monorail. Thanks!

My family and I have reservations for the All-Star Movies Resort. However, we have reservations at O'hana Breakfast at 7:35 the morning that we will be visiting Epcot. We were really hoping to be able to ride the monorail while visiting the World this time. However, we have never done so and was hoping that we could get some advice on the best way to get to the Polynesian and then to Epcot. We will have a car available, but are just wanting to experience the monorail. Thanks!
Park at the TTC in the morning and walk to the Poly (or ride the resort monorail). Walk back to the TTC after breakfast and take the monorail to Epcot. At the end of the day, ride the monorail back to your car.

Park at the TTC in the morning and walk to the Poly (or ride the resort monorail). Walk back to the TTC after breakfast and take the monorail to Epcot. At the end of the day, ride the monorail back to your car.
Resort monorail may or may not be running before 7:30. But it is a very short walk from TTC to Poly. In fact, almost always, it would be faster to walk, despite Poly being the next stop after TTC.

After breakfast you could take the resort monorail around to TTC and then transfer at TTC to Epcot monorail. This would practically be the full circuit around Seven Seas Lagoon as Poly and TTC are so close to each other. This would take a lot longer than walking. But, if you have the time, you might feel it worth it to experience the monorail around Seven seas Lagoon. It is a completely different track than the monorail to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts