Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I am looking for the best way to get to RD for each of the four parks using Disney transportation. We are staying at the GF - July 23-27. The plan is HS on 24th, MK on 25th, Epcot on the 26th and AK on the 27th. Thanks for any and all help.

I am looking for the best way to get to RD for each of the four parks using Disney transportation. We are staying at the GF - July 23-27. The plan is HS on 24th, MK on 25th, Epcot on the 26th and AK on the 27th. Thanks for any and all help.
To get to MK, just take the monorail. For Epcot, you are going to have to monorail to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot monorail...figure on that taking up to 35 mins or so. For DHS and AK, take the bus.

Best way to get from Pop to fantasia gardens and back also about how long will it take?
Best way? Or cheapest? The best, and quickest way, is to take a cab. It's under 5 mins by cab, and costs around $10. Otherwise, bus to DHS and then boat or walk to S/D, then across the street to Fantasia Gardens. By bus it will take at least an hour.

To get to MK, just take the monorail. For Epcot, you are going to have to monorail to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot monorail...figure on that taking up to 35 mins or so. For DHS and AK, take the bus.

This summer, the Resort Monorail is opening a 8:30 a.m. The Epcot Monorail is opening at 9:30 a.m.

That should be early enough to get to MK for park opening, but maybe not for the Welcome Show. Buses should be running from GF to MK for earlier access.

To get to Epcot rd, one will first have to get to TTC and then transfer to the bus running from TTC to Epcot (unless there's a bus I haven't heard about running direct to Epcot.) The Resort Monorail at 8:30 probably will not be early enough. There will be buses running from the MK resorts to TTC until the monorail opens.

Driving our car to MK for the day and then have an ADR for dinner at Cape May @5:35. Would the easiest way to get there be to just drive over?

TIA!

Looking for the best/quickest way to get from port orleans riverside to whispering canyon cafe using disney transportation. Have a 5:05pm reservation for 17 people - would being at the POR bus stop at 3:30 be enough time? Thanks so much!!!!!

Looking for the best/quickest way to get from port orleans riverside to whispering canyon cafe using disney transportation. Have a 5:05pm reservation for 17 people - would being at the POR bus stop at 3:30 be enough time? Thanks so much!!!!!

Bus to MK then boat to WL. 90 minutes should be enough time.

This summer, the Resort Monorail is opening a 8:30 a.m. The Epcot Monorail is opening at 9:30 a.m.

That should be early enough to get to MK for park opening, but maybe not for the Welcome Show. Buses should be running from GF to MK for earlier access.

To get to Epcot rd, one will first have to get to TTC and then transfer to the bus running from TTC to Epcot (unless there's a bus I haven't heard about running direct to Epcot.) The Resort Monorail at 8:30 probably will not be early enough. There will be buses running from the MK resorts to TTC until the monorail opens.
Dang...I keep forgetting about the stupid monorail's new schedule!

Bus to MK then boat to WL. 90 minutes should be enough time.
That would be my suggestion as well. At that time of day, it shouldn't be an issue. If it was at 8:30am, it would be an issue getting all of you on the same bus...many others heading to the MK. But, at 3:30ish, there shouldn't be many people waiting.

I learned this a.m. that there are buses from the resorts directly to Epcot before the Epcot Monorail opens, so no need to transfer at TTC. The buses start at 8 a.m., which should be OK to get to Epcot rd, even if stopping at additional resorts on the way.

If I stay at Bonnet Creek & drive to Epcot in the morning, what time would I need to leave WBC to arrive at Epcot in time to make it to MK for rope drop? I always end up at Epcot in the evening so I usually park there & head to MK but have never done so to make RD.

Staying at AoA and have a 7:45pm reservation at AK Rainforest. How do we get there and how do we get back if AK closes at 7pm that day? If it's by cab, forget it :rotfl2:

Staying at AoA and have a 7:45pm reservation at AK Rainforest. How do we get there and how do we get back if AK closes at 7pm that day? If it's by cab, forget it :rotfl2:
The general rule is that Guests cannot ride a bus to a park after it has closed, but that doesn't apply to Guests with late RFC reservations.

Just go to the AK load zone at AoA, and tell the bus driver you have a RFC reservation. If the driver is reluctant to take you, tell him to check with his coordinator on the radio. You should be at the load zone by 7 for a 7:45 reservation.

Regular bus service will probably be over by the time you've finished dinner, but a few buses are kept waiting until RFC is confirmed empty. A transportation cm will be near the bus directory sign and will direct you to a bus. The bus may wait a while for more diners to come out, and it may stop at other resorts on the way to AoA.

Staying at Art of Animation this trip. What is the approximate travel time to DHS on the Disney bus?

We are going to stay at Bwi and we really want to try Artist Point. How can we go from BWI to Wilderness Lodge.

We are going to stay at Bwi and we really want to try Artist Point. How can we go from BWI to Wilderness Lodge.
2 options:

1. Bus to MK, then bus or boat to WL
  2. Boat to DHS, them bus to WL
First option should be faster. Expect to take around an hour, but allow 90 minutes to be safe.

If you're finishing after MK has closed, you'll need to take bus to DTD and then bus to BWI to get home.

Taxi should cost around $15 and take 10-15 minutes.

2 options:

1. Bus to MK, then bus or boat to WL
  2. Boat to DHS, them bus to WL
First option should be faster. Expect to take around an hour, but allow 90 minutes to be safe.

If you're finishing after MK has closed, you'll need to take bus to DTD and then bus to BWI to get home.

Taxi should cost around $15 and take 10-15 minutes.

Thank you. We thought it would take I've an hour. I'm booking Artist point tonight!

With the reduced monorail schedule, what's the best way to be at MK from DPR before rope drop on an EMH day? Last time we walked to the TTC. Is the TTC monorail schedule reduced too? What about rope drop with EMH to Epcot from DPR? Are the buses to DHS and AK from DPR affected? Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't exactly find it in the thread. BTW, we won't have a car, and we'll be there starting 7/29. Thanks

Sorry. I did find something that says buses will pick up at MK resorts before monorail starts operation. Does that mean they will pick up in time for rope drop on EMH days? I'm assuming I will need to allow more time than before when using the monorail, right? When we took buses from DPR to DHS and MK, we couldn't always get on the first one, because it was full. DPR seemed to always be the last deluxe resort to get picked up.

With the reduced monorail schedule, what's the best way to be at MK from DPR before rope drop on an EMH day? Last time we walked to the TTC. Is the TTC monorail schedule reduced too? What about rope drop with EMH to Epcot from DPR? Are the buses to DHS and AK from DPR affected? Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't exactly find it in the thread. BTW, we won't have a car, and we'll be there starting 7/29. Thanks

Sorry. I did find something that says buses will pick up at MK resorts before monorail starts operation. Does that mean they will pick up in time for rope drop on EMH days? I'm assuming I will need to allow more time than before when using the monorail, right? When we took buses from DPR to DHS and MK, we couldn't always get on the first one, because it was full. DPR seemed to always be the last deluxe resort to get picked up.

I have no idea what DPR is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter