Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Since all buses from TL go to EP after 2pm....just wondering, is there a bus from EP to DTD? If not, how do I get to DTD from TL (or EPCOT)? :confused3 Thanks!

There are no direct buses between the parks and DTD. To get to DTD from Epcot, walk over to BC and take a bus from there. I think from TL your best bet is going to be to take a bus back to your resort and then take a bus from there to DTD. Personally, I would want to do it that way anyway so that I could ditch my wet bathing suit and other things that I bring to the water park so that I wouldn't have to carry them around DTD.

We have an ADR at The Grand Floridian Cafe for 7:00 am breakfast in December. I was thinking take the bus from Wilderness Lodge to MK and then Monorail to GF? If the bus doesn't arrive at WL at exactly 6:30 am when they start running, we may not make it to the 7:00 am ADR on time. Is there another way to get from WL to GF at that hour? or should we take a taxi?

Also I see that there is an opening that morning At the GF Cafe for 7:15am and 7:30am, but not sure if it would be enough time even if I change to one of those.

We have an ADR at The Grand Floridian Cafe for 7:00 am breakfast in December. I was thinking take the bus from Wilderness Lodge to MK and then Monorail to GF? If the bus doesn't arrive at WL at exactly 6:30 am when they start running, we may not make it to the 7:00 am ADR on time. Is there another way to get from WL to GF at that hour? or should we take a taxi?

Also I see that there is an opening that morning At the GF Cafe for 7:15am and 7:30am, but not sure if it would be enough time even if I change to one of those.

The problem is, even if you do make the first bus, the resort monorail doesn't start running until 7:00. I think in this case, a taxi is your only shot at making it at 7:00. If you change it to 7:30, you would have a better chance of making it using Disney transportation.

There are no direct buses between the parks and DTD. To get to DTD from Epcot, walk over to BC and take a bus from there. I think from TL your best bet is going to be to take a bus back to your resort and then take a bus from there to DTD. Personally, I would want to do it that way anyway so that I could ditch my wet bathing suit and other things that I bring to the water park so that I wouldn't have to carry them around DTD.

I can't walk to BC as we will be arriving by bus at the FRONT of EP and having spent the morning at TL, we will not be entering EP, just trying to get to DTD. You make a good point on the wet clothes. We usually bring a bag w/ us to put them in and change at TL then carry the tote with u at DTD but maybe, since it will just NOT be easy to get to DTD that day, we will return to our hotel and save DTD for another day. I was just thinking TL is closer to DTD then we are way out at AoA but just b/c it is close, haha, doesn't mean we can get there.:thumbsup2 so back to AoA we will go that day!

Thanks for the help!

Since all buses from TL go to EP after 2pm....just wondering, is there a bus from EP to DTD? If not, how do I get to DTD from TL (or EPCOT)? :confused3 Thanks!

There are no direct buses between the parks and DTD. To get to DTD from Epcot, walk over to BC and take a bus from there. I think from TL your best bet is going to be to take a bus back to your resort and then take a bus from there to DTD.

I can't walk to BC as we will be arriving by bus at the FRONT of EP and having spent the morning at TL, we will not be entering EP, just trying to get to DTD. You make a good point on the wet clothes. We usually bring a bag w/ us to put them in and change at TL then carry the tote with u at DTD but maybe, since it will just NOT be easy to get to DTD that day, we will return to our hotel and save DTD for another day. I was just thinking TL is closer to DTD then we are way out at AoA but just b/c it is close, haha, doesn't mean we can get there.:thumbsup2 so back to AoA we will go that day!
Yes, it looks like this was not considered in the new plan, or it was considered but not addressed.

Aside from going back to your resort, the most direct route would be:

1. Bus TL => Epcot, then
  2. Bus Epcot => OKW, then
  3. Bus OKW => DTD

Am I safe to assume it will take approximately 30 minutes (10 waiting for the bus, 20 actual drive time) to get from the main entrance of Epcot to Animal Kingdom? Park hopping in August by starting the day at EP then heading over to AK in the noon or 1 o'clock hour.

Am I safe to assume it will take approximately 30 minutes (10 waiting for the bus, 20 actual drive time) to get from the main entrance of Epcot to Animal Kingdom? Park hopping in August by starting the day at EP then heading over to AK in the noon or 1 o'clock hour.
That's a reasonable average expectation. You may wait 20 minutes or longer, bumping it up to the 45 minute range.

Disney recommends allowing 1 hour for any bus trip. There's the possibility of a bus being too full for you to board, or other delays.

Never been to this show or to FW before. I found where it says the best way to get there is to take a bus to the MK and then take a boat to FW. Are those boats located by the monorail at MK? Is that what is considered the TTC? My biggest question is will I have a problem getting back to Pop? I'm not sure when that show ends, and if I will be getting out too late to get a bus back from FW to MK, if MK closes at 10pm. I will be going on 10/22/14. I think EPCOT is open until 11pm that day, so if it's too late to go back to MK, maybe take a bus to EPCOT and then transfer to another bus to Pop? Thanks very much.

Never been to this show or to FW before. I found where it says the best way to get there is to take a bus to the MK and then take a boat to FW. Are those boats located by the monorail at MK?
Yes, near the monorail station at the MK.
Is that what is considered the TTC?
No, the TTC is at the MK parking lot.
My biggest question is will I have a problem getting back to Pop? I'm not sure when that show ends, and if I will be getting out too late to get a bus back from FW to MK, if MK closes at 10pm. I will be going on 10/22/14. I think EPCOT is open until 11pm that day, so if it's too late to go back to MK, maybe take a bus to EPCOT and then transfer to another bus to Pop? Thanks very much.
If you are attending a HDDR that ends after MK has closed, there will be buses at the theater to take you to your resort. Just ask as you exit the theater.

Yes, near the monorail station at the MK.No, the TTC is at the MK parking lot.If you are attending a HDDR that ends after MK has closed, there will be buses at the theater to take you to your resort. Just ask as you exit the theater.

Excellent, joelkfla, thank you very much for your response. I really did not want to have to take a cab or anything like that.

What is the best way from OKW to BWV and how early can we do this?

1. Bus to DHS
  2. From DHS:
    • Starting 1 hour before DHS opening, or 30 minutes before EMH start, take boat to BW.
    • Earlier than that, tell the driver of the bus to DHS where you are going. The driver will either drop you at BW, or arrange for a bus to which you can transfer.
    • You can also walk about a mile from DHS to BW.
First bus from OKW to DHS should be sometime between 6:30 & 7 a.m.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge in September, and have a 7:40am Cape May ADR. Should we take 6:30 bus to Hollywood Studios, then walk/boat to beach club? Al parks open at 9 currently except AK which is 8 EMH. Trying to avoid taxi if possible, since we aren't comfortable having our 2 and 4 year olds w/o their car seats.

We are debating renting a car vs. using WDW transportation. Can someone tell me using WDW Transport what method and how long it would take for the following?

BLT to AK?
AK to MK?
AK to Epcot?
BLT to HS?

I used the search feature to find a few others, but based on the size of this thread it was giving me a ton of non-relevant results for these 4.

Thanks

We are debating renting a car vs. using WDW transportation. Can someone tell me using WDW Transport what method and how long it would take for the following?

BLT to AK?
AK to MK?
AK to Epcot?
BLT to HS?

I used the search feature to find a few others, but based on the size of this thread it was giving me a ton of non-relevant results for these 4.

Thanks
All are direct buses (no transfers.) BLT Guests board at the CR bus stop.

BLT to AK: 25-35 min.
AK to MK: 20 min.
AK to Epcot: 15 min.
BLT to HS: 20-30 min.

Also allow up to 30 min. wait time, but buses should arrive within 20 min.

All are direct buses (no transfers.) BLT Guests board at the CR bus stop.

BLT to AK: 25-35 min.
AK to MK: 20 min.
AK to Epcot: 15 min.
BLT to HS: 20-30 min.

Also allow up to 30 min. wait time, but buses should arrive within 20 min.

Thanks for the fast reply. Ignoring wait time for a bus and parking with a car, it sounds like I wouldn't shave much time off with a car since the bus is direct.

I have a travel time question: My plane lands at 12:30. I would like to eat lunch at BOG but they stop serving at 2:30. Is there any possibility that I would have enough time to take the bus from the air port to Coronado Springs then from Coronado Springs to MK to eat by 2:30? Any advice is appreciated.

I have a travel time question: My plane lands at 12:30. I would like to eat lunch at BOG but they stop serving at 2:30. Is there any possibility that I would have enough time to take the bus from the air port to Coronado Springs then from Coronado Springs to MK to eat by 2:30? Any advice is appreciated.

It's simply not possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter