Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

The weather here in PA has been terrible this week, as I am sure it is most places in July! Thankfully it was a light week for me, as I had a 5k this morning and have a 25k next weekend. Hit a new PR of 25:52 for the 5k, which put me first in my age group (those other 20-somethings must have better things to do on a Saturday morning :P).

steph0808 said:
The weather here in PA has been terrible this week, as I am sure it is most places in July! Thankfully it was a light week for me, as I had a 5k this morning and have a 25k next weekend. Hit a new PR of 25:52 for the 5k, which put me first in my age group (those other 20-somethings must have better things to do on a Saturday morning :P).

Way to go!

This is how I see it happening. More corrals, 12-15, less people in them and time between corrals decreased from 5 minutes to 4 minutes

I like the more corrals, idea I wish they'd leave 5 minutes between corrals though! 2013 Princess was by far the most crowded race I've run. I'd rather see them start a half hour early (I know they need to get everyone started by a certain time because of road and park openings) after all we're already supposed to be out by 4 am,so there's more road for everyone. (I know this would not be a popular idea though)

I like the more corrals, idea I wish they'd leave 5 minutes between corrals though! 2013 Princess was by far the most crowded race I've run. I'd rather see them start a half hour early (I know they need to get everyone started by a certain time because of road and park openings) after all we're already supposed to be out by 4 am,so there's more road for everyone. (I know this would not be a popular idea though)

haha, I'm usually all for earlier starts, but yeah, 5:30 am is plenty early for me!

I'm trying to take the "is what it is" approach and not try to stress about the crowds. I've submitted my PR for the half, so if it ends up not being fast enough to get into "a" with the new corral system, I know there's nothing more I could really do about it. I'm not planning to go for a PR - between the 10K the day before, lack of sleep, running around the parks, likely warm conditions (for me), etc - it's not an ideal situation anyways. I'm just going into looking to have a great time and enjoy it for what it is

Well- I think the BIG thing that's going to change is the information about submitting a time. No longer are you going to get by submitting 2:45 if you are really a 3:30 runner, KWIM?

Proof of time and the *promise* that they are checking everyone's (yeah- well, we shall see about that) should also help with some of the spacing. Maybe a better flow for everyone.

I dont think there will be a way to get around bottle necks at characters though. That's just going to happen. Its part of the "charm" right? LOL

I'm not so worried about the character lines (I doubt I'll stop anyways)...but what does make me a little nervous is some of the horror stories I heard about having walk and/or stop and wait in the castle because it was so congested. I've run some large races (including the new york marathon which is notoriously crowded) and have more or less always been able to run my race at my pace. Having to slow at water stations, pass people, etc that's all part of the game when you run a race that's more of "event" then a "race". That's fine. But actually having to stop and wait in the middle of the course would make me a little annoyed

But again.."it is what it is", and it's all out of my control anyways. I didn't sign up for these races for a PR - more to have a great weekend, enjoy the parks a bit, and....ok...maybe a little bit for the medals, too

I've done 3 phm. Started in B or C corral for each one. And have yet to run through the castle. Lol

Those awesome pics of people coming through all happy and in stride? Nope. I'm walking shoulder to shoulder with peeps. Based on stopping for pics I'm probably hitting castle with faster runners who stopped for pics and slower runners who didn't. It's a perfect storm.

Not fast enough to avoid it, but not willing to start with the balloon ladies either. Lol. So this is expected for probably 70% of the PHM runners is a guess

I ran PHM this year and started in the very front of C,finished in 2:47 and I ran through the castle. So,you don't have to be super fast to be able to do it. I didn't stop for any character pictures though.

In 2 Goofy challenges, 2 marathons, 5 january 1/2s, 1 phm and 1 minnie, I've never had to walk through the castle.

I don't remember not being able to run through castle in 2 marathons, started in C and A. And 5 Princesses..started in B & A.

But I came over here to post Southwest has opened up flights. So I will book and then sign up for the 5k and make it a triple crown weekend.

Has anyone been to the creative boards and asked if some one can create a graphic? Or has anyone come up with an idea.

I really need to put the Princess Weekend on hold. I am suppose to be planning a 3 week trip to Ireland in a month. My DH and I will be lost if I don't get some research done. And my DD is about to announce her engagement and so I have been busy finding a venue for next summer and I'm feeling some pressure as some locations are already booked. I was able to find her dream dress. :woohoo:

Joan,

Congrats on your daughter's engagement/wedding planning! Hope it's not too stressful. And also on your trip to Ireland. I went there in 2007--it's a lovely country that I would like to return to to explore places I missed.

Maura

I'm not so worried about the character lines (I doubt I'll stop anyways)...but what does make me a little nervous is some of the horror stories I heard about having walk and/or stop and wait in the castle because it was so congested.

Clearly, no guarantees on this one... I was able to run through this year. Not terribly fast, mind you, but I was absolutely running. I started at the far back of C and walked a good portion of the miles leading to MK, so I was probably a couple corrals' worth of people back by then.

Joan,

Congrats on your daughter's engagement/wedding planning! Hope it's not too stressful. And also on your trip to Ireland. I went there in 2007--it's a lovely country that I would like to return to to explore places I missed.

Maura

If you have any ideas in what not to miss in Ireland, PM me. We will be walking and using the bus.

Just went through the wedding thing in March, my DH and I went quite ready to do it all again, but it will be another adventure.

How's your health? Back issues? Are you running much?

I ran my first half marathon on July 13th :banana: Official time was 2:39:15. What corral would that place me in for PHM?

I ran my first half marathon on July 13th :banana: Official time was 2:39:15. What corral would that place me in for PHM?

Congrats, that's awesome! :thumbsup2 Corral C I think, based on the previous corral system (this is what I copied and saved from somewhere on the boards):
Elite: <1:30
A: <2:15
B: <2:30
C: <2:45
D: <2:50
E: <3:00
F: 3:00
G: <3:25
H: no time

Congrats, that's awesome! :thumbsup2 Corral C I think, based on the previous corral system (this is what I copied and saved from somewhere on the boards):
Elite: <1:30
A: <2:15
B: <2:30
C: <2:45
D: <2:50
E: <3:00
F: 3:00
G: <3:25
H: no time

Speaking of that, how do they figure your corral based on a 10K? I know I saw it somewhere, but I can't find it again!

I'm convinced runDisney uses a Magic 8-Ball to determine corrals... ;)

I submitted a 1:16:23 10K for TOT and they estimated my 10-mile finish as 2:01:00. Talk about pressure to perform!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter