Official Gaia Game Thread List, Guide & Q&A (Pics post 48, Update post 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! :eek: I'm a member for only 4 days and already someone tried to scam me! I got a PM from "Gaia Administration" stating that my account had been reported and that I needed to send them my username, password, and email address so they could look into it. Yeah right! There was a report button at the bottom of the page so that's exactly what I did. I assume I may have been targeted because they saw my avatar in one of the bump threads and I'm wearing mostly newbie stuff (which I planned to remedy tonight anyway)--probably figured being new I wouldn't know any better. Yeesh!!!

Is this common? I hope the real Gaia Admin actually responds well to reports like this. He could probably get away with it with a younger, less experienced person.

OMG! :eek: I'm a member for only 4 days and already someone tried to scam me! I got a PM from "Gaia Administration" stating that my account had been reported and that I needed to send them my username, password, and email address so they could look into it. Yeah right! There was a report button at the bottom of the page so that's exactly what I did. I assume I may have been targeted because they saw my avatar in one of the bump threads and I'm wearing mostly newbie stuff (which I planned to remedy tonight anyway)--probably figured being new I wouldn't know any better. Yeesh!!!

Is this common? I hope the real Gaia Admin actually responds well to reports like this. He could probably get away with it with a younger, less experienced person.

It happens. :( Also, many times hackers manage to annoy you as well. When I was watching a movie once, one of the ppl in the room made it look like my character was saying things...not nice things. It was very frustrating to say the least. I reported 2 of the ppl in the room who I thought were behind it. About 2 weeks later, they sent out an announcement saying that they were doing things to stop hackers from doing that.

Hackers also pop into game rooms from time to time. For ie in puzzles, they have sent messages that look like they're from Admin...or say something like "you've won a gift click here," or "send us your login and pw so we can help stop hackers." DO NOT EVER CLICK ON THESE LINKS -- Admin will never ask for your login information.

I can't log into gaia, is anyone else having this problem? I was on just a half hour ago and now it is not working.

It happens. :( Also, many times hackers manage to annoy you as well. When I was watching a movie once, one of the ppl in the room made it look like my character was saying things...not nice things. It was very frustrating to say the least. I reported 2 of the ppl in the room who I thought were behind it. About 2 weeks later, they sent out an announcement saying that they were doing things to stop hackers from doing that.

Yep I had the same thing happen to me when I was at the prom. Someone was saying things and it made it look like it was my character.

Hi Days,

Can you add me to the list? Smackeralchick on VMK, VFK and Gaia.

Thanks. Woot.

OK, hoping someone can help me.

I created a character on Gaia last month and have been on the site at least 3 times... but so far have not yet figured out how to actually "play" this game.

I've read the players' guide, so obviously I am missing something.

How do you see people or even move around? I guess I need really BASIC instructions that are not covered.

All I've seen of the game is a screen called Barton Town that has 3 NPC's on it... I can't walk off the screen to go anywhere else (I've tried COUNTLESS times walking around the perimeter) and there are never any other people here except those 3 characters.

There has to be more than that one screen, correct? Are there are other towns besides Barton that I'm not finding perhaps?

Thanks!

I feel really really lame.... :confused:

ETA: By the way, I'm PinkGirlygrl on Gaia. Someone already took my name, grrrr....

I created a character on Gaia last month and have been on the site at least 3 times... but so far have not yet figured out how to actually "play" this game.

How do you see people or even move around? I guess I need really BASIC instructions that are not covered.

All I've seen of the game is a screen called Barton Town that has 3 NPC's on it... I can't walk off the screen to go anywhere else (I've tried COUNTLESS times walking around the perimeter) and there are never any other people here except those 3 characters.

There has to be more than that one screen, correct? Are there are other towns besides Barton that I'm not finding perhaps?

Thanks!

ETA: By the way, I'm PinkGirlygrl on Gaia. Someone already took my name, grrrr....

Hi Pink,
Aww, don't feel lame. It is confusing at first. It does grow on you and become fun though. I am still learning so am not the best person to help but I will tell you what I have figured out so far.
When you click towns you do only go to that room with only those three NPC's. IIf you click on "Directory" lots of boxes will come up and each one is it's own town. You can click on the little brown squares in each block to enter that particular town or add to favorites. It is in these towns that you may see people (you can also view by population), pick flowers or bugs, shake trees etc. Under my favorites you can add your house as well as some friends houses so you can just teleport there.
To find friends most of the time we all play on a particular game server so you can look down the list for a familiar name and join that room. You can also send an IM to someone to figure out a place to meet up.
There is also a VMK guild on there that is free to join where you can ask questions. There are about 100 members, many from here. Go under "MY Gaia" then "Guilds" then I guess seach for VMK.
If you look at someone's profile you can also see their friend list and can add people that you know.
You can have many screens open and actually be in mulitple places at once on Gaia.
There are many places you can go to if you want to see people. There are also a bunch of quests to help you figure things out and get free items.
I am DreamTulips on Gaia because it wouldn't let me have DreamTulip even though it doesn't seem to be taken :(
Like I said, I am still figuring things out but I hope this helps you find your way around a little more.

~Dream

Thanks!

:hug: Pink that's just how I was about 3 weeks ago..DreamTulip is right, it is confusing. You should join the VMK guild, that is how we talk to each other, and make a Gaia profile, it's like My Space..I had a BIG problem trying to make one...and I am still working on it. It's fun, there are some really weird characters there ( and I don't mean Goofy and Pluto). I haven't seen anyone in game from VMK, but I talk to them on their profiles. I will look for you and send a friend request to you...hope to see you there. :goodvibes

Hi,

I have two gift boxes, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them. One is Orange (it might be Red?) with Green Ribbon called "The Gift". The other one is called "Brown Magical Giftbox."

Do I just display them somewhere, or do they really have something inside them. If they do contain something, how do I open them?

Thanks!

Thanks, Days for making this and all who contributed. Real life has finally settled down enough to check this out, so I'm happy for this thread to help me figure it out.

:)

I'm KeepSwimmingDory there too.

Hugs,
Dory

I was the same exact way, Pink! :goodvibes

Days was kind enough to post some action pictures back a few pages, if you didn't see those. It takes some time to get used to (I am still feeling my way around, 2-3 weeks later), but it is becoming well worth it. There are plenty of ways to be interactive with other players, including games, houses, towns, the cinema, and more. Her screenshots gave me really good insight, so be sure to check those out if you haven't!

I'm still playing Gaia LOL...but I think I'm enjoying Smallworlds too...hehe...

Trying this game out. Name is Shayjack. Someone already took Shaymojack. I bet it is a conspiracy. :( Or someone is imitating me. -_-

I was looking at the instructions on the first page on how to add a playlist, but when I go to My Gaia--Account I don't see anything that says Multimedia. :confused3

I was looking at the instructions on the first page on how to add a playlist, but when I go to My Gaia--Account I don't see anything that says Multimedia. :confused3

On that screen on the right side where all the links are. Under the only black word there "Profile" are 3 indented links. The bottom one is Multimedia.

I know. It's kinda dumb the way they have that set up. :(

HappyGoLucky: I don't know what's inside the gift boxes. But, you can open them up in your inventory.
Go to My Gaia - Avatar. Then click on the All Items link at the top right of the box. It will show everything in your inventory. Find and click on one of the boxes. It will then ask you if you want to open this item? Click yes to open it.

If these were gifts from others, you'll want to open them. If they are ones that you got playing around Gaia or bought yourself, they may be worth more unopened than what you may get out of it. Check out tektek to see if you can find out what the boxes give you.

Nope--under the black Profile I have only two indented links--Theme and Preferences. I just checked DH's account and his is the same way. I must be doing something wrong--is there another step I have to do somewhere to get that to show up?

Nope--under the black Profile I have only two indented links--Theme and Preferences. I just checked DH's account and his is the same way. I must be doing something wrong--is there another step I have to do somewhere to get that to show up?

Hmm. I have no idea why yours would look different from what I'm seeing.
I do see that you're using the Gaia profiles. You can try going to your profile page. Then select Edit My Profile Layout. Make sure to have a Multimedia box and past your code in that box.

Okay, I did some research with a link that Days sent me and my own experimentation. You apparently only see the Multimedia link if your profile is set to classic. I looks like I have to use the Multimedia box (not the Playlist box) on my profile page to add the list. There's an edit option on that box, but not on the Playlist one. (Why do I even have a playlist box then? :confused3 ) Haven't tried it yet--I'll let you know if it works! Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter