***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

We have 2 possible trips, either June 8-15 or 16-23 at GCH in the VGC villas. BUT . . . we are out of state . . . fully vaccinated, in Washington where our governor has run a tight ship like in CA. I'm trying to decide which reservation to keep. Had hoped to be there for my 55th birthday in the earlier week, especially because it will be my first birthday without my mom and I'd love to have a wonderful distraction But if we aren't able to go into the parks, I don't think it is worth it. And the later weeks run into just a few days before my mom's tentative Celebration of Life. So I guess we decide by early May!

I know, I'm in the same position, but worse, I'm international. Right now, I would just figure out which of your dates works best and focus on that. If you are booking anything, make sure its refundable or just a reservation with no deposit. It will be a rollercoaster, and you need to be prepared to either cancel last minute or only know for sure that you can go last minute. Have a cut off point, that if the out of state restriction is not lifted by, that you cancel or reschedule.

For me, I have flights book that I can change the dates without a fee and a hotel reservation that I can cancel up to 24 hours before arrival without charge. I have friends in LA and if international travel is possible but Disneyland still has the out of state restriction, I will still go to LA and just spend time with my friends. My cut off date is June 1, I will know by then if international travel is possible. If it is not I will just reschedule again.

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

Well I'm pulling the trigger and booking a flight to Southern Cali in early June with the hopes the travel advisory will be lifted by then. Me and my 73 yo Mom will be fully vaccinated in Mid April and Alaska Air still has no change/cancellation fees so I decided why not.

Going to fly into San Diego on June 1 and head to Anaheim staying at TBD, if not I'll pick somewhere else. If out-of-staters aren't allowed in theme parks yet then we will just do some Downtown Disney and if the theme parks are open to us then I'll try to get tickets and a couple days of reservations. Tentatively planning on being in Anaheim June 1-4 (or 5th). After that we have a few other things planned and finish off at the beach in San Diego before flying back home on June 10.

Going to try and just get a tiny taste of the Disney magic and save my big trip staying at Grand Californian in either October or December when I hope some restrictions will be loosened a bit.

Last edited:
For anyone that may be looking into Candy Cane Inn I called them today and they aren't taking reservations until August 1 due to the renovations.

Disneyland Reopening April Info

Tue, April 6, 2021
Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including Theme Park Reservations and Tickets
by Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort
As announced, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park plan to reopen on April 30, with limited capacity! With this exciting news, we know you are eager to get back to the magic, and likely have questions about your next visit.

When we reopen our two theme parks, we will have enhanced health and safety measures, and will limit capacity through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be available online, in advance only, for a specific date, subject to availability.
Here’s some important information to help you plan ahead:

Theme Park Reservations:
To enter Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.

The theme park reservation system will launch on April 12, and guests with existing valid theme park tickets can begin making park reservations for the days that their ticket is valid. Theme park ticket sales will resume on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations. As a reminder, ticket expiration dates were extended for many outstanding tickets. To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis. Ticket calendars will be updated on a rolling basis. Check for updated availability.
Here are some key dates to remember:
  • April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
  • April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
  • April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Tip: Be sure to log in to your Disney account first to link valid theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system. See how to make a park reservation, below!

Four Steps To Make A Theme Park Reservation
  1. Once you have a valid theme park admission, access the theme park reservation system
  2. Create your party
  3. Select the day and theme park you would like to visit
  4. Review and confirm your visit
Guests with valid theme park admission tickets who are planning a stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will also need to book a theme park reservation, as a hotel stay does not guarantee a theme park reservation. Tip: If you plan to visit the theme parks during your stay, get your theme park reservation prior to making your hotel reservation. For room reservations and travel packages, visit Disneyland.com or contact your travel professional starting April 15 for stays beginning April 29. Theme park reservations will need to be made separately.

Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations, and then will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day. Guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.

Park Hours: Upon reopening, daily park hours for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park are currently planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit Disneyland.com for operating hours on the day you wish to visit, as they are subject to change.

Parking: Theme park parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive.

Dining: For a contactless and cashless experience, our mobile order service — available exclusively on the Disneyland App* — makes it easy for you to plan ahead, order, and pay for food and beverages at most quick service restaurants inside the theme parks. In order to foster physical distancing during this time, we will plan to reopen dining bookings for select locations on April 22, with limited capacity. You will be able to book your dining reservation 60 days in advance on Disneyland.com or with the Disneyland App, subject to availability. Tip: Be sure to have the latest version of the app downloaded and installed on your mobile device.

Please check Disneyland.com to learn important details about our health and safety measures prior to your arrival, such as the requirement for temperature checks and for all guests, ages 2 and older, to wear an appropriate face covering. We continue to keep the well-being of guests and cast members in the forefront of our planning and look forward to welcoming you back to the Disneyland Resort!

Full Details of Which Rides and Attractions Will Reopen In From April

As a result of the impact of COVID-19 on operations, FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass services are suspended for the time being and are not available for purchase or use.

Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of our hotels and theme parks as we plan to manage capacity.

Some experiences will be temporarily paused to accommodate physical distancing, including:
  • Parades and Nighttime Spectaculars
  • Character Greetings
  • Magical Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Single Rider Queues
While character meet-and-greets will be temporarily unavailable, Characters will be in our parks, in new ways, to entertain and delight Guests.

Disneyland Attractions and Entertainment Experiences Which Will Reopen
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Gadget’s Go Coaster
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones™ Adventure
  • "it’s a small world"
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - will utilize virtual queue, more details to come
  • Surprise Character Sightings
  • Tarzan’s Treehouse™
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Disneyland Dining Experiences Which Will Reopen
  • Bengal Barbecue
  • Café Orleans
  • Churros
  • French Market Restaurant
  • Galactic Grill
  • Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
  • Ice Cream Carts
  • Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
  • Little Red Wagon
  • Market House
  • Milk Stand
  • Mint Julep Bar
  • Plaza Inn
  • Popcorn
  • Red Rose Taverne
  • River Belle Terrace
  • Ronto Roasters
  • Ship to Shore Marketplace
  • Stage Door Café
  • The Tropical Hideaway
California Attractions and Entertainment Experiences Which Reopen
  • Games of Pixar Pier
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
  • Jessie's Critter Carousel
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Silly Symphony Swings
  • Soarin’ Around the World
  • Surprise Character Sightings
  • The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
  • Turtle Talk with Crush
California Adventures Dining Experiences Which Will Reopen
  • Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
  • Angry Dogs
  • Award Wieners
  • Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
  • Churros
  • Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
  • Cozy Cone Motel - Cones 1-3 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions)
  • Cappuccino Cart
  • Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
  • Flo's V8 Cafe
  • Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
  • Hollywood Lounge
  • Ice Cream Carts
  • Lamplight Lounge
  • Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
  • Popcorn
  • Poultry Palace
  • Rita’s Baja Blenders
  • Señor Buzz Churros
  • Smokejumpers Grill
  • Sonoma Terrace
  • Studio Catering Co.

Avengers Campus Opens June 4, 2021

The time has finally come! Suit up, grab whatever you need for the next mission, and get ready because Avengers Campus, an entirely new land focused around discovering, recruiting and training the next generation heroes, will open June 4, 2021 at Disneyland Resort, inside Disney California Adventure Park. (Ticket and Park reservation required. California only residents, per state guidance.)

“We are so excited to soon welcome our guests to Avengers Campus, the first land dedicated to Super Heroes at Disney California Adventure Park,” said Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort. “Guests of all ages can find their powers and our cast members will unite to create these special moments and memories.”

At Avengers Campus, guests of all ages can find their powers as they take an active role alongside some of their favorite Super Heroes, with a chance to live out their own heroic story. Whether that be slinging webs with Spider-Man, trying out inventive new foods, experiencing heroic encounters, and even teaming up with the Avengers and their allies, all recruits are invited to join in on the action.

“Avengers Campus will be a place where fans and guests can finally step into the universe they love, and stand alongside some of their favorite heroes,” said Dave Bushore, vice president of Franchise Creative & Marketing for Marvel Studios. “The optimism inherent in Avengers Campus captures the diversity, power and teamwork these extraordinary characters possess, and now they come together to unite people from all over the world under one guiding principle: We are stronger together.”

Wondering what you’ll find inside when the land opens in June 2021?

ATTRACTIONS, ADVENTURES, AND MORE!
New recruits arrive just in the nick of time, as Spider-Man needs some assistance! Tom Holland reprises his role as Peter Parker in the land’s new attraction, WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. This new, action-packed adventure invites guests to put their web-slinging skills to the test with innovative technology adapted specifically for this attraction. And the mission? Team up with Spidey and help capture the out-of-control Spider-Bots before they wreak havoc on the Campus!

During an open house at WEB, Peter Parker and the aspiring inventors ask guests to wear 3D glasses and test drive their latest invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle, which allows them to sling webs like Spider-Man and experience what it’s like to have super powers. This family-friendly attraction blends physical sets and virtual environments to take new recruits on an interactive escapade. There is no height requirement for this attraction, allowing aspiring young heroes to join the fun.

WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, joins Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission – BREAKOUT!, a thrilling free-fall drop adventure where guests help rescue a cosmic gang of misfits — aka, the Guardians of the Galaxy.

If you’re looking to take a piece of the adventure home with you, right next door to WEB SLINGERS sits WEB Suppliers and The Campus Supply Pod. Grab anything you might need for your next heroic encounter, whether it be official Avengers Campus gear including performance fleece hoodies and tees, headwear, drinkware and other Super Hero supplies, or even a friendly sidekick, one of those pesky interactive Spider-Bots!

TASTY SNACKS AND TREATS FROM ACROSS THE WORLD - AND GALAXY!
More than likely, any heroic deed will work up an appetite and there are plenty of places to grab a bite in Avengers Campus — whether you’re looking for something big or small to sink your teeth into.

Pym Test Kitchen is the place to go for new, inventive food offerings. Ant-Man and Wasp have started using Pym Test Particles to grow and shrink just about everything and anything, applying the science to food creation. This allows Pym Test Kitchen to showcase normal foods at unusual scales, including shareable bites, inventive-sized entrees and tiny treats. As guests watch the Pym food scientists at work in the kitchen lab, they will see the transformation of a regular-sized pretzel after going through a Quantum Tunnel – and it comes out either big or small!

For something to drink, right next door sits Pym Tasting Lab where older heroes can order the likes of craft beer, ranging from a blood orange hefeweizen to an amber lager, in addition to Pingo Doce, the distinctly green beverage from Avenger lore that will be available at Avengers Campus.

Speaking of Avengers lore, fans will remember that after the Battle of New York, the heroes discovered their new favorite food: shawarma. That’s also made its way to Avengers Campus in the form of Shawarma Palace, where heroes on the go can enjoy their favorite shawarma-inspired wraps at this food cart, which just so happens to be decked out with memorabilia for Avenger fans.

On the hunt for something sweet? Taneleer Tivan not only has a liking for intergalactic misfits, but also churro spirals with unique flavors, cosmic orbs with an outer shell revealing a decadent creamy filling, and more which he has conceived to lure guests to his Fortress.

HEROIC ENCOUNTERS WITH THE AVENGERS
It wouldn’t be Avengers Campus without the Avengers hanging around! Over at Avengers Headquarters, guests may have the chance to see some of their favorite heroes such as Captain America, Black Panther or Black Widow assemble to survey the campus, ready to spring into action at a moment’s notice and save the day. Not only that, but perched high atop the building is a shining Quinjet! Anyone looking to pick up some new heroic moves themselves can train with Okoye and the rest of the Dora Milaje to learn what it’s like to be a member of this elite royal guard.

Down on the ground, guests can visit the Ancient Sanctum and learn mysterious secrets from Doctor Strange, where he’ll train recruits in the ways of the mystic arts by bringing this Ancient Sanctum to life with powerful spells. At night, the Ancient Sanctum glows even more vividly with majestic colors and lights, pulsating with mystic energy.

Additionally, Iron Man has a new suit — the Mark 80 — and find the likes of Ant-Man and The Wasp, Thor, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain Marvel, and more among those joining the action in Avengers Campus.

I consider this an added bonus for going at the end of June. We were going to go at the end of June last year and thus would have missed Avengers Campus so this is great news.

Well I will be down there for the opening but unable to go. Will be interesting to see the crowds on June 4.

UPDATE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS PLANNING A JUNE TRIP

If you currently have a Sol Cal ticket or or any other single or multi day ticket you can now book reservations.

Reservations are currently available up to June 28

Check this page for the park availability calendar

If you have a multi day ticket, you have to make reservations for the rest of the days on your ticket within a 13 day window each side from your first reservation.

To make a reservation you need to be signed into your Disney account and you need to link your tickets.

Once this is done you will be guided through the steps to make a reservation.

At the end , before payment you will have to tick a box to confirm you are a California resident.

If you don't currently have a ticket and need to buy one, new ticket purchases will open at 8am on Thursday 15 April.

I officially made my park reservations for June 9 - 11! We will be staying at one of the Best Western's on Harbor Blvd. I think it's the suites one, but I can't remember as another member of my party booked it. Has anyone stayed here before & have any thoughts? I've stayed at the Park Vue many times, but my family wanted to try something different this time.

I officially made my park reservations for June 9 - 11! We will be staying at one of the Best Western's on Harbor Blvd. I think it's the suites one, but I can't remember as another member of my party booked it. Has anyone stayed here before & have any thoughts? I've stayed at the Park Vue many times, but my family wanted to try something different this time.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc woop woo, you are the first to check back with park reservations, I have added you to the first post

@DisneyJamieCA which hotel / motel did you book? Did you get reservations or are you waiting until tomorrow?

aww thanks, right now I have no idea, June 1 is my cut off point, I will wait until then to reschedule my flights

@DisneyJamieCA which hotel / motel did you book? Did you get reservations or are you waiting until tomorrow?

aww thanks, right now I have no idea, June 1 is my cut off point, I will wait until then to reschedule my flights
We got reservations on Monday! For privacy concerns, I'm not going to put where we're staying, but it's by the convention center. We usually just walk to the Toy Story lot, but since that'll be a no go, I think our plan is drive over and park at the structures each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!