***Official DLR June 2021 Check In Thread***

I went with a 2 month old + DS11 around the same time of year as you're thinking of in 2018 ... we didn't want to miss PixarFest and had AP's so adding on a trip when we'd previously planned on not going again until the fall wasn't a big financial burden. The weather in June/July in SoCal is pretty mellow compared to Florida, and having grandparents to help will be awesome! Staying close was very important to me with a little one that small, we stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn, stuck to mellow rides. Your tweens will love the DLH pool. The pictures from that trip are some of my favorites, go and enjoy taking lots of pictures.

I wish we could! As we get closer to June (though I know it's still far away), it's looking less and less likely to me that DLR will even be an option for us. Would still love to do it, and would jump at the chance, but I'm not optimistic about DLR allowing out of state visitors yet even if they do happen to be open by June. Would love to be wrong, not just for our trip, but for all the Disneyland cast members and nearby businesses that are really suffering right now.

Whoops! My bad, thought this was the Disney World thread. Enjoy your trips.

My crew will be at Fort Wilderness June 6th - 12th. I haven't been on a summer trip in about 20 years so this will be very different from our usual Feb or Oct trip. I know it's going to be so hot and humid but I'm from Georgia so it's not like I'm not used to the weather. Gonna be different being in the parks in that kind of heat. We had to cancel our trip in 2020 and this was the best time for us this year. I'm so ready for a much needed break.

Last edited:
We are hoping to go in early June to VGC, have reservations and hope something besides the DVC area will be open by then! Have rescheduled from May 2020 to August 2020 to December 2020 to June 2021.

We had a trip scheduled for last June, which of course was canceled. Now we're scheduled for this June with the whole family. Now I'm concerned that Disneyland won't be opened. We're using DVC points that expire by July 31, so we're not canceling, regardless. If there are no parks they probably won't come, but I'll just come and sit on the balcony.

We have a visit (rescheduled from last June) planned for June 27-29, stopping over on our way to Aulani (by way of Maui for a few days) from the Midwest. Really hoping that the parks are open by then, but if not, we will still enjoy VGC for a couple days.

@jodybird511 I have added you to the list in the first post. Your dates are the same as mine, fingers crossed we both make our trips :)

@edhmom
@kirstie101
@TikiTikiFan
@tsumgirl
@snapshot77777
How are you guys doing? Have any of your plans changed, is there anything I need to update for the list on the first post?
I'm still booked for the same dates, but I've moved over to the Tropicana now. I haven't been on here in awhile, but after today's news, I thought I'd check in. A part of me is in shock that this trip may actually happen!!! After 7 (?) cancelled trips, I'm nervous but hopeful.🤞 Now that I no longer have an AP, I'm just hoping that they have tickets or APs for sale before my trip dates.

I'm still booked for the same dates, but I've moved over to the Tropicana now. I haven't been on here in awhile, but after today's news, I thought I'd check in. A part of me is in shock that this trip may actually happen!!! After 7 (?) cancelled trips, I'm nervous but hopeful.🤞 Now that I no longer have an AP, I'm just hoping that they have tickets or APs for sale before my trip dates.

I know I just woke up and I'm catching up. I'll update the first post with your new hotel :)

I'm not sure what this means for me, if the California residents only will still be in place in June. Going to LA and California is whats important to me, so if international travel is possible, I will still go to LA and see my friends but just not go to Anaheim.

Update about Theme Parks Reopening In California

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CI.../COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf
reopening.png

In simple terms, this means that when Disneyland reopens, only residents of California will be allowed to go. Out of state visitors and international visitors will not be allowed into Disneyland, Universal Studios or any other theme parks.

California residents will have to buy tickets in advance online for theme parks in California.

I know I just woke up and I'm catching up. I'll update the first post with your new hotel :)

I'm not sure what this means for me, if the California residents only will still be in place in June. Going to LA and California is whats important to me, so if international travel is possible, I will still go to LA and see my friends but just not go to Anaheim.
Thanks!

I'm still catching up with all the news, as well. The restrictions seem to be loosening quicker than I imagined, so hopefully once more of the population is vaccinated, they'll loosen again. That seems to be how they're addressing the tier levels from an earlier announcement today.

Update about Theme Parks Reopening In California

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CI.../COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf
View attachment 560784

In simple terms, this means that when Disneyland reopens, only residents of California will be allowed to go. Out of state visitors and international visitors will not be allowed into Disneyland, Universal Studios or any other theme parks.

California residents will have to buy tickets in advance online for theme parks in California.
You beat me to it! Thanks for the handy chart. I'm saving this for my poor memory.

@jodybird511 I have added you to the list in the first post. Your dates are the same as mine, fingers crossed we both make our trips :)

@edhmom
@kirstie101
@TikiTikiFan
@tsumgirl
@snapshot77777
How are you guys doing? Have any of your plans changed, is there anything I need to update for the list on the first post?
Still planning on going if we can get tickets snd reservations the week of 6/14. Think we’ll do Monday-Friday. I need to call our hotel and update our reservation. Hopefully I can.

I hope to be able to go in June. We have unused park hopper tickets from our cancelled trip last year. I hope to go for my birthday, if we can get a reservation. I’m scared the reservations are going to get booked up super fast!

Disneyland Reopening Statement On Disney Parks Blog

Wed, March 17, 2021
Magic is Back at Disneyland Resort! Theme Parks Plan to Reopen on April 30
by Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

After being closed for more than one year, magic is finally returning to the Disneyland Resort theme parks! Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park are planning to officially reopen to the public on April 30, with limited capacity.

You’ll soon be welcomed back to enjoy unforgettable attractions, see beloved Disney friends, shop for the latest merchandise, savor the world-famous food and drinks, capture fun photos and cherish special magical moments.

Get ready to once again experience favorite attractions at both parks, from thrilling adventures like the new Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and the Incredicoaster to family-friendly experiences like Peter Pan’s Flight and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. New magic will be unveiled, too, as the reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish opens to guests for the very first time.

From surprise appearances along Main Street, U.S.A., and Pixar Pier to playful interactions, characters from favorite Disney stories will entertain and delight. Beloved characters will pop up in new ways and sometimes in unexpected places as they remain mindful of physical distancing. Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date.

Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, the Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks in line with current state guidelines. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.

In the days leading up to the public opening on April 30, Disneyland Resort will invite cast members and members of the local community to be the first theme park guests after more than a year of closure. A Touch of Disney, the limited-time ticketed experience which has sold out, will go on as planned from March 18 through April 19.

Guests will also have the opportunity to stay in the middle of the magic as the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort plan to welcome guests once again, with a phased reopening. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29, with limited capacity. Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will plan to reopen May 2. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.

The health and well-being of guests and cast members remain a top priority. Just as the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort reopened with enhanced health and safety measures, operational changes will be in place at the theme parks and hotels to align with guidance from health authorities and learnings from our parks around the world to promote physical distancing, enhanced cleanliness and reduced contact. This guidance is fluid and applicable at any given time as community situations change. With that guidance, many factors will determine the timing of when offerings may be available. Cast members will be available to explain our new procedures and answer questions you may have.

Visit Disneyland.com often for the most current information, including future details about ticket sales and reservations, and which experiences are currently available or will be offered.* Keep your eyes peeled on the Disney Parks Blog for additional reopening details, coming soon!

*Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.

I'm planning on a June trip with a few coworkers. I'm a teacher in northern CA (about 7 hours from DLR) and this year has just been....well, let's put it this way, teacher retirements are up a LOT in my district, and in my state. So, anyway, a group of us are planning to celebrate our survival of this school year (and of the last 1/3 of last school year) after school gets out in June. We're probably going in the last 2 weeks. We don't have confident dates yet, partially because it depends on when we can get reservations. I'm wondering how hard they'll be to get by June.

I'm not the only one of the group who's been to DLR (this is CA, after all), but I'm the most experienced DLR vet. I'm pretty excited to go with some people who don't go very often! Of course, most of the knowledge I have will be largely useless since nothing will be the same. At least I can learn the new info as it comes!

We have 2 possible trips, either June 8-15 or 16-23 at GCH in the VGC villas. BUT . . . we are out of state . . . fully vaccinated, in Washington where our governor has run a tight ship like in CA. I'm trying to decide which reservation to keep. Had hoped to be there for my 55th birthday in the earlier week, especially because it will be my first birthday without my mom and I'd love to have a wonderful distraction But if we aren't able to go into the parks, I don't think it is worth it. And the later weeks run into just a few days before my mom's tentative Celebration of Life. So I guess we decide by early May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!