***Official DLR July 2022 Check-in Thread***

We drove down for our trip this week, but my DD is a flight attendant and will be joining us by plane. She decided to come a day earlier so she had a buffer day in case flight cancellations push her too far ahead. But she is flying standby, and this is of course more volatile than a regular ticket. She says the holiday weekend puts a little more pressure on the system due to demand and the competition for remaining flights if one gets cancelled. If you are flying out of a major airport that there will likely be many flights to choose from if you need to make an adjustment, so you are right not to worry too much.

Anyone else starting to get nervous about flights? I know so many people who've had trips to various places changed drastically or even completely canceled due to canceled flights. Granted, most who had fully canceled trips were flying to and/or from smaller/less traveled places, or had connections they wouldn't make, but still I probably won't stop worrying until our flight is safely in Orange County.

Is anyone contemplating a backup travel plan?
I am nervous after having a cancellation to WDW in March and delays in May.

2.5 work days until time to leave for pre flight hotel! Getting excited and hope everything goes as planned. We were able to get the dining reservations we had wanted so now it is time to arrive and ENJOY! Hopefully all flights will go as planned and with us on them. 😊

I am somewhat nervous about my flight out but I am always nervous! Ever since Southwest cancelled my cross country flight (for a Disney cruise) with only a few hours notice in 2019, I worry about cancellations before every flight. I only relax when I’m on the plane and it is in the air lol.

But, really nothing I can do about it since I don’t drive so that’s not an option. I’m glad we’re on one of the first flights out so we should have options if we have to reschedule.

When do you request specific room or tower assignment at DLH? Is it 5 days out?

Which tower gets the standard room assignments? Trying to avoid Frontier tower. Also do they assign Adventure tower to those with deluxe view?

I'm in a class this week so I haven't even started packing (which is weird for me), but I am starting to think about which shirts and ears I want to take. Priorities, right? I'm also starting to make our Amazon grocery order, getting ready to have it delivered on our arrival day. Yippee!

Oh, AND! I saw a video of Blue Bayou today - the walls are down and the boats are running (albeit empty, but still...) Looks like they are on track to open POTC on Friday!

I’m starting to do my planning/prepping for our end of July trip. I’m the family’s Disney Planner, but all my knowledge and experience are from the “before times,” so it feels as if I’m starting completely from scratch.

I started to log wait times (Mondays at Universal, Tuesdays and Thursdays at DLand, and Wednesdays and Fridays at CA). Some of the times I saw were scary long, so we probably won’t get around getting Genie+ for at least the Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have to start reading the Genie+ “tips and tricks” threads on this site to get a better idea about how to use it most efficiently.

My 16-year old niece will be visiting from Germany. It’s her first time ever, and might be the only opportunity to see the parks for a really long time, so I want it to be extra special for her.
❤️

At the same time, I’m kind of cheap, so I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to do what we want to get done without spending a ton of money on $LL$s and premium package this and that…

Hello, all, and happy 4th of July! My adult daughter and I will be visiting the parks July 11-16, staying at HoJos (for the first time; last minute switch from our usual Candy Cane since that hasn’t reopened yet). I also have a work conference the week after so will be moving to the Anaheim Marriott for that and squeezing in another solo afternoon/evening at DL.

I have a few extra dining reservations for 2 that I will be canceling in the next few days. Happy to try to coordinate with someone here if they want to try to grab one of them. Send me a message if you’re interested. (Edit: I canceled them today, 7/7)

7/13, Plaza Inn MSEP Lunch at 1:20 pm, for 2
7/13, Oga’s Cantina at 3:45 pm, for 2
7/14, River Belle Terrace Lunch at 1:15 pm, for 2

Last edited:
We made it! No travel troubles, it was easy breezy. Grabbed an Uber as soon as we landed, waited outside about 5 minutes, and we were in our way. The Uber + tip was less than the flat rate taxi fare.

We landed just before 6 and were in our room at GCH by 6:30. Had dinner at Tortilla Jo's, then wandered Downtown Disney for a bit before heading to the esplanade for fireworks (with several thousand of our closest friends 😆).

And now it's time for bed because tomorrow we rope drop Indy!

Hi there! Excited to be going July 26-30. This will be our first time since COVID hit, and the first time with our two-year-old son. We’ll be staying at the Grand Californian (hotel side), with tickets/reservations for Disneyland on July 27 and 28 (my birthday!), and DCA on July 29. As much as both my wife and I enjoy Disneyland, we are so excited to see it through the eyes of our son!

We were at the park on the 4th. Yes busy, but managed and enjoyed! So thankful we were able to reserve the Plaza fireworks package! I left to go to the bathrooms over near the Plaza Inn and OMG the crowds outside on Main Street and the hub were like sardines in a can. Enjoyed the special fireworks show, taking today off and back to the parks for two more days on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday fly home to Colorado.

We were at the park on the 4th. Yes busy, but managed and enjoyed! So thankful we were able to reserve the Plaza fireworks package! I left to go to the bathrooms over near the Plaza Inn and OMG the crowds outside on Main Street and the hub were like sardines in a can. Enjoyed the special fireworks show, taking today off and back to the parks for two more days on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday fly home to Colorado.
I booked the plaza inn dining package for July 29. I assumed this was for the electric parade, but I wouldn’t be upset if it was for the fireworks. How do I know which show it is for? Was the fireworks one special for the holiday?

We're going at t he end of October - how do we make sure we get on a list for that - it would be cool to see others, although we're doing a "gonzo" trip - driving down and back and only spending 2 days in the parks...

We're going at t he end of October - how do we make sure we get on a list for that - it would be cool to see others, although we're doing a "gonzo" trip - driving down and back and only spending 2 days in the parks...
It was special for the 4th of July.

Today is our Anaheim check-in day! We've been to Carlsbad for Legoland and currently in San Diego, went to Sesame Street Place yesterday, but getting excited to be back in the Disneyland area today and at the parks tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter