***Official DLR July 2022 Check-in Thread***

Just bought 3 day park hoppers for the 28th-30th. Staying at the Westin the 27th-31st. Gonna celebrate hubby's Bday. Currently it's just the 3 of us, but I'd like my step-daughter and her BF to join us as well.

I was honestly going to skip this year, but I'm a sucker for pathetic, passive-aggressive comments about it being "the first time in 10 years" we didn't make it to DL :sad2: As one of the resident Disney nuts at work, people have been asking me a lot about my next trip; I guess I'll finally have something to tell them!

So happy about Pirates. As a WDW regular, I'm so excited to show my kids the DL version (admittedly, I skip it most trips to MK).

This will be our first time to DL/DCA with our kids (DDs 10 and 7). We're traveling to CA to use up our RCCL credit from a Oct 2020 cruise that is about 3x what we paid now, so instead of a week, we could only afford a 4-nt and we only do the Caribbean with DCL. So I researched other options and came across the Catalina/Ensenada cruise. So we're heading to Anahiem from July 7-11, staying at the BWPPI. Going to DCA 7/8 and DL 7/9 and 7/10. Hope we can get everything we want done in 3 days. So excited either way!!

Jealous about you all grabbing DVC rooms. Nada when I looked. :) But that's ok. Wouldn't have had enough points to spare for 4 nights anyway.

So happy about Pirates. As a WDW regular, I'm so excited to show my kids the DL version (admittedly, I skip it most trips to MK).

This will be our first time to DL/DCA with our kids (DDs 10 and 7). We're traveling to CA to use up our RCCL credit from a Oct 2020 cruise that is about 3x what we paid now, so instead of a week, we could only afford a 4-nt and we only do the Caribbean with DCL. So I researched other options and came across the Catalina/Ensenada cruise. So we're heading to Anahiem from July 7-11, staying at the BWPPI. Going to DCA 7/8 and DL 7/9 and 7/10. Hope we can get everything we want done in 3 days. So excited either way!!

Jealous about you all grabbing DVC rooms. Nada when I looked. :) But that's ok. Wouldn't have had enough points to spare for 4 nights anyway.

It took a lot of work and stress to grab the 5 nights I got. About a month of being on right at 8am and attempting to grab something. I had to be SUPER flexible with dates (we wanted to go June) but were happy to save the cash and get the room.

Hello all!

We have our first DL trip coming up July 27-30. Probably only 2 days in the parks, but 3 nights at GC DVC villas (I can't believe the waitlists came through). This is tacked on to the end of a conference that I will be at in Long Beach July 23-27. And we are going to see the Hollywood stuff during that earlier part as well.

We are very experienced at WDW, and are very excited to check out the original parks!

Hi!

Canadian family here! Us , best friend and 5YO son) Been planning this trip since 2015! It’s gonna be a BIG TRIP!

DL july 17th
DL/DCA july 18th (we do a STAR WARS theme day! Savy’s, Droid, first time ROTR and SR for our family!, got Cantina too! We will rope drop Space Mountain, Star tour, buzz (more space theme lol) ! Lunch at Ronto and dinner at Cargo bay! I’m taking suggestion!)
Paradise Pier july 19th and disney down town (+ Goofy’s Kitchen)
DCA july 20th

Then Legoland (july 21, 22) , SAN DIEGO comic con (OMG!) maybe the zoo and Universal (26th/28th)

Some part of me don’t want to cave in and buy Genie + … but I want the photopass :/

My list
Premium Fantasmic (already have a hungry bear in case…)
Blue Bayou
Magic Band
Early entry (we are just at the pier 2 days… we are at best western park place the first day!)

+
magic wand at universal !

So happy to have found this site will panicking about my dinner reservation! I’ve been following podcast (french) and a super Disneyfan with no one to talk about it around me! :) Can’t wait!

Just made my reservations for Fantasmic! (Hungry Bear) for our first day at the Parks! So excited!!!

Not sure about the plant-based option, though - Impossible Sloppy Joe...I hope it's tasty! (We're vegetarians, but we really like eggs, cheese, dairy....seems like most items at Disneyland are vegan now...)

Just made my reservations for Fantasmic! (Hungry Bear) for our first day at the Parks! So excited!!!

Not sure about the plant-based option, though - Impossible Sloppy Joe...I hope it's tasty! (We're vegetarians, but we really like eggs, cheese, dairy....seems like most items at Disneyland are vegan now...)
I think it's easier for them to have one option that covers vegan and vegetarian, instead of multiple offerings, especially with the lack of staff and supplies that everyone is experiencing.

I'm getting antsy, and everything is booked for us so I feel like I have no planning left to do. But I wanna plan!

I think it's easier for them to have one option that covers vegan and vegetarian, instead of multiple offerings, especially with the lack of staff and supplies that everyone is experiencing.

I'm getting antsy, and everything is booked for us so I feel like I have no planning left to do. But I wanna plan!
Yes us too all things booked. First night in the parks (exploring and pool first two days) we have WOC desert party! Tried recently to change one reservation to a dining event reservation for the Electric parade with no luck. That’s okay! We will be at Disneyland!!

Oh yes, I totally get that it's easier for them. :) Just not as tasty for my picky family! But the most important thing is we got the Fantasmic! package for our first day - woo hoo! My favourite show ever!

Oh yes, I totally get that it's easier for them. :) Just not as tasty for my picky family! But the most important thing is we got the Fantasmic! package for our first day - woo hoo! My favourite show ever!
I agree - not as tasty. Ask them to add some cheese? Cheese makes everything better!

I'm excited to see Fantasmic again, and we've never gotten to see WOC so I'm super excited for that. Also, MSEP. It's been so long!! And H has never seen it. We've decided to do the second shows of each (assuming 2 shows each night) so that we aren't fighting the crowds quite as much and may be able to get some advantage with rides when everyone else is watching the early shows.

In a moment of weakness, I decided to check and see if there were any Cafe Orleans reservations available for our trip. I would love a monte cristo, but you can only get the gluten free one if you order ahead of time through special diets, so a reservation is necessary. I ended up booking one for our first evening in the parks. Not sure if we'll keep it or not, but the prices look semi-reasonable so...

I will be there too with my Mom 7/17 to 7/20 at VGC. Am going to try to make this a bit more relaxing. My mom had a heart attack and bypass surgery in late February, so she is still doing her cardiac rehab and trying to get stronger. We will have her wheelchair though and I am planning for a break during the afternoons out of the sun for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter