** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received email from Disney stating that my 12/27 Villa at Grand Californian Hotel reservation has been canceled because they are delaying the reopening with the new CA Covid restrictions :worried: Not sure if we'll make alternate reservations. Everyone take care!

Different news outlets are saying different things, but the general idea seems to be that the San Joaquin Valley and Southern CA regions have low enough available ICU capacity to trigger the new Stay At Home order. According to Gothic Rosie, if the numbers remain this low by 12:59 pm PT tomorrow (Saturday), then the new restrictions will go into effect 24 hours from then (i.e. Sunday afternoon).

From the L.A. Times (regarding the San Joaquin Valley and Southern CA regions), "Friday’s numbers do not trigger the stay-at-home order. But if the percentages remain below 15% on Saturday, the order would be triggered as early as Sunday."

https://www.latimes.com/california/...s-and-hospitalizations-soar-as-shutdown-nears
And from Gothic Rosie:

Well, that makes 4 trips canceled this year. *sigh*

Next comes late January, mid-April and late September. 🤞

From Gothic Rosie regarding hotels accepting reservations for non-essential travel under the new SAH order:

From the above post:

TRAVEL TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
I wanted to make those of you who wish to make random hotel arrangements for a visit to anywhere (mostly to Disneyland) in Southern California aware of the new limitations. SoCal is currently under the Regional Stay at Home Order which means if you plan on coming here you'll have to include a 14-day quarantine period for the time BEFORE your planned visit. This limitation is valid through 12.28.20. We cannot move out of this restriction without a 4-week projected 15% or higher ICU bed capacity number at the end of our 3-weeks. I have posted the section on this verbatim from the SAH order. Link to document if you prefer: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Regional-Stay-at-Home-Order-.aspx

So SAD!!!! :sad2: So no surprise my Dec. reservations were cancelled BUT at least I've got Jan. and Feb. dates lined up!!!
:teeth: Wish ALL OF US LUCK for SOME KIND of opening date sooner than later !!! :rolleyes1 I know...... it's like a long shot.... :worried:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter