OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To post photos on the DIS, you need to first upload them to a photo-sharing site like www.photobucket.com or the DIS's own community gallery, here: http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disboards-com-member-photo-galleries/index1332.html

Then just grab the IMG code they give you for each photo, which should start and end with these tags:

Grab everything, even the tags, and paste it into a post.

Thanks Lurkyloo I got it posted!

Not sure if this will help but this was in the email Brian sent me when I made my order.

Brian Kruger
Chef Assistant
Cake Decorator
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Thursday-Monday 7am-330pm
Days off Tuesday/Wednesday

It took around 2 days for me to hear from him.:goodvibes

I emailed him on a Thursday and heard back on Monday. I'd give him another day and then try again if you don't hear from him.

Thanks guys! :goodvibesWhile I'm thinking he's probably out until Thursday...I'll follow up if I don't hear back tomorrow. I really just want to know how much to be setting aside in the budget. :thumbsup2

Has anyone ever had a Perry the platypus cake? I am thinking a 6 or 8 inch. We will be at San angel inn or cape may.

Thanks
Heidi

When I ordered my cake (post 963) I asked for a 6 inch from Brian and he agreed. However mine wasn't a Mad Hatter style. OP, it can't hurt to ask! Hope it all works out, and please post pics!

That is good to know. I could see how maybe a mad hatter style might make a difference. I will let you all know what he says.

Thanks again for all the assistance!!! :goodvibes

JJBeans said:
I was in Disney a few weeks ago for our 2nd wedding anniversary and had a cake made by the Boardwalk. It was the UP! mailbox with our names on it. It was absolutely amazing! I would post it but I have no idea how lol!

Can u please tell me who to call or email about a special cake for my sons 18th birthday...we r staying at the boardwalk villas and I would love to order him a c Pluto birthday cake...thanks

Can u please tell me who to call or email about a special cake for my sons 18th birthday...we r staying at the boardwalk villas and I would love to order him a c Pluto birthday cake...thanks

See Post #2 of this thread (and Post #1 if you want a little explanation of how everything works). :thumbsup2

we just finalized our plans and we leave sun :yay: i need a cake for mon night!:scared1: i already left messages for the poly to get one for ohana and also for our resort aoa i am hoping they call back any other suggestions? :worship::worship:looking for a mini wedding cake version of this...
101_0204.jpg

If you want a minicake at the Polynesian, you need to call Grand Floridian Private Dining (number is in Post #2). Private Dining at the Poly only provides standard cakes. The woman who takes cake orders at AOA was great about getting back to me in a timely manner, so you should be OK there. :thumbsup2

If you want a minicake at the Polynesian, you need to call Grand Floridian Private Dining (number is in Post #2). Private Dining at the Poly only provides standard cakes. The woman who takes cake orders at AOA was great about getting back to me in a timely manner, so you should be OK there. :thumbsup2

thnks i left messages there too!

thnks i left messages there too!

got a call back from aoa :yay:and they took my information and an idea of what i was thinking:idea:

mini wedding cake vanilla strawberry inside white frosting decorated with pale pink and blue mickeys a chocolate scroll with the same saying as last time and happy birthday cat on the board around it....:cake:

was told she would call back to give me a total after she looked it over.... nervous now...:scared:

I love looking at all the new cakes that are posted. I cant wait until our next trip so I can plan a special cake of our own.

Just returned from our trip to WDW. My sister and I had a wonderful Afternoon Tea at the GF...the tea sandwiches were sooooooo good (especially the cucumber, yum) Anyway, since the custom ($500 :eek: ) cake didn't work out...I ordered this:
null-77.jpg

I made my sister cry, :rotfl: which of course made me cry, so we're sitting in the GF blubbering. I <3 my big sis!!

I made her do the "princess" pose, and she bought us little tiaras for the lunch, it was such fun!! Here's a pic DH took of us before we left for lunch :lmao:...
ED677FCD-B4B8-4668-9C92-B1DC92BF1EB2-2050-000001BA9AD544D7_zps4c4646a9-1.jpg

syntigger said:
got a call back from aoa :yay:and they took my information and an idea of what i was thinking:idea:

mini wedding cake vanilla strawberry inside white frosting decorated with pale pink and blue mickeys a chocolate scroll with the same saying as last time and happy birthday cat on the board around it....:cake:

was told she would call back to give me a total after she looked it over.... nervous now...:scared:

Got a call back. Mini cake as described 35! Oh well she is def worth it!

Just wanted to post an update to my earlier post about not hearing back from Chef Brian. Well, apparently Chef Brian was on vacation, but he got back today. :goodvibes Hey, I'm all good with people going on vacay :thumbsup2 and with all of the wonderful work he does on cakes, I'm sure it's great to take a break. ::yes:: I just wish the guy answering the phone at private dining could have conveyed that to me. The girl who answered today was well aware, but the guy I got last Friday didn't mention a thing. I mean, he was nice enough and all, but I would have worried a lot less about things if I had just known.

Oh well- waiting on a quote now since he wants to work with one of his other decorators on this. Hope that doesn't mean there's any concern over doing what I've sketched. :confused3 Oh well...he'll let me know.

Which sizes will they customize? Planning on ordering a cake for my youngest's birthday when we're there in February. Thinking of doing it at Garden Grill, so it would be the Yacht & Beach Club private dining. Will they customize an 8" or does it need to be a 10"?

I need to look thru for pictures, but I'm going to ask anyway, has anyone had a Jake & the Neverland Pirates or a Doc McStuffins cake done?

Help me out a bit here everyone.

I've been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to order a custom cake for our honeymoon.

I think I'm deciding against it.

The only time it really works would be during our meal at California Grill. However, we're both such big fans of CG that I wouldn't want to pass up the desserts already offered there, and I think the cake would be a little excessive/a bit of a waste.

I was wondering about the chocolate covered strawberry plate that I've seen a few people mentioning on here.

I know it isn't a cake, but I figured if anyone knew, it would be you knowledgeable folks.

Is this something I can order to be brought out after our meal? I thought it might be nice, seeing as that it's something we could take with us back to the room to snack on later.

Thanks in advance!

Destructsean said:

I've been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to order a custom cake for our honeymoon.

The only time it really works would be during our meal at California Grill. However, we're both such big fans of CG that I wouldn't want to pass up the desserts already offered there, and I think the cake would be a little excessive/a bit of a waste.

I was wondering about the chocolate covered strawberry plate that I've seen a few people mentioning on here.

I know it isn't a cake, but I figured if anyone knew, it would be you knowledgeable folks.

Is this something I can order to be brought out after our meal? I thought it might be nice, seeing as that it's something we could take with us back to the room to snack on later.

Thanks in advance!

Instead of doing a cake I'm going to call BWI and see if I can get a large Mickey Rice Krispy treat in the room when we arrive as a surprise for DBF.

What about having the strawberries delivered to the room?

Which sizes will they customize? Planning on ordering a cake for my youngest's birthday when we're there in February. Thinking of doing it at Garden Grill, so it would be the Yacht & Beach Club private dining. Will they customize an 8" or does it need to be a 10"?

I need to look thru for pictures, but I'm going to ask anyway, has anyone had a Jake & the Neverland Pirates or a Doc McStuffins cake done?

It varies by resort. Yacht & Beach Club used to say they wouldn't customize anything smaller than a 10-inch, but I believe people have had better luck with smaller sizes there lately. I feel like I've one Jake & the Neverland Pirates cake, but it was a long time ago.

Thanks in advance!

The Contemporary has offered chocolate covered strawberries in the past. Just call Private Dining like you would if you were ordering a cake. Depending on which Disney resort you're staying at, you may also be able to get these delivered to your room.

It varies by resort. Yacht & Beach Club used to say they wouldn't customize anything smaller than a 10-inch, but I believe people have had better luck with smaller sizes there lately. I feel like I've one Jake & the Neverland Pirates cake, but it was a long time ago.

I went ahead & called to talk to someone & Yvette emailed me pics of a Jake cake they've done, it's perfect! & they will do 6" & 8" cakes now.

Anyone know what other kinds of sprinkles they have? The ones on the pic of the cake she sent me were the red, black & white Mickey head ones, I'm not sure I want those.

Scrappy_Tink said:
Just returned from our trip to WDW. My sister and I had a wonderful Afternoon Tea at the GF...the tea sandwiches were sooooooo good (especially the cucumber, yum) Anyway, since the custom ($500 :eek: ) cake didn't work out...I ordered this:

I made my sister cry, :rotfl: which of course made me cry, so we're sitting in the GF blubbering. I <3 my big sis!!

I made her do the "princess" pose, and she bought us little tiaras for the lunch, it was such fun!! Here's a pic DH took of us before we left for lunch :lmao:...

So beautiful and awesome! Glad to hear this as I am getting ready to order this for my mom 65th birthday we are also doing the tea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter