<font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon
Welcome to the home of the
Official Cake Chatter Thread

When posting photos on the chatter thread please include:

Price
Date Received
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc
Anything else special about that particular cake

When replying about a cake, we would like to ask you to not quote a multi-picture post. Respond to the poster by name if you need to. Sometimes multiple people will quote the same multiple picture thread and it takes up a whole page.

Can't wait to see and talk about all of the new cakes!

CAKE FAQ
Thanks to Lurkyloo & CakeManBri for your help with the FAQ Facts

Online Cake Orders
Disney doesn't have the capacity to order cakes via email right now, nor to do they have a website that you can see your options at. Initial contact requesting a cake needs to be done through the cake hot line or private dining. You MAY be given an email for future correspondence with the chef. Please do not post any email addresses on this thread, the mods will remove them. You can review some options that other DIS’ers have had by viewing either this thread or the CAKE GALLERY thread for just cake photos.

I need to call Disney to order my cake. Who do I call?
It depends on what type of cake you are ordering and where you want it delivered to.

Restaurant serves a ‘normal’ cake
Call the Cake Hot line (407 827-2253)

Deliver my cake to my Disney resort room please
Call Private Dining at your resort. There are mixed results on having a cake delivered to a resort that does not have private dining, but occasionally guests have been able to pick one up in the food court or an on-site restaurant.

How do I order a Fancy or Fondant covered cake?
To order a fancy cake, you need to call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian, The Contemporary, BoardWalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Yacht and Beach Club. If you want the cake delivered to a restaurant, you will need to have an ADR at a restaurant within the resort whose bakery you choose. If you want a cake delivered to your room, you will need to be staying at the resort whose bakery you choose.

What Kind of Cake is Available Where? THIS POST has a complete listing.

But I want my cake at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge!
You may be able to have one made and delivered by the bakery at The Contemporary. Call Private Dining to see what your options are.

Can I get a fancy/fondant covered cake inside the theme park? Generally “No”. You may be able to if you are having a private event and pay to have one transported in. The exception to this seems to be Cinderella’s Royal Table. On occasion The Contemporary’s bakery will deliver to CRT.

Can I order a cake for pick-up?
The BoardWalk Bakery allows you to order cakes for pick-up. None of the other resort bakeries have storefronts.

What are my cake options and how much do they cost?
The only way to know for sure what options are available and what the prices are is to call either the Cake Hotline or Private Dining at the resort you want. The information in this thread is strictly unofficial and should be treated as such.

Has anyone every ordered custom cakes/desserts at AKL to be delivered to your room? We'll be staying there in June as a grad trip for DS and I'd love to arrange a surprise for him. Photos and thoughts would be appreciated.

:rotfl: We're going to hit 250 pages just by "subbing" posts.

The best way to subscribe to a thread is to go to the thread tools, and select subscribe there. :goodvibes

Can I get a fancy/fondant covered cake inside the theme park? Generally “No”. You may be able to if you are having a private event and pay to have one transported in. The exception to this seems to be Cinderella’s Royal Table. On occasion The Contemporary’s bakery will deliver to CRT.

Does anybody have any recent experience with this? I'm thinking of maybe surprising my mom with a cake, which would have to be at CRT as that is the only restaurant she has requested so that'll be her birthday 'spot' so to say. I'm very curious what other peoples experiences have been with a cake at CRT.

:rotfl: We're going to hit 250 pages just by "subbing" posts.

The best way to subscribe to a thread is to go to the thread tools, and select subscribe there. :goodvibes

Thanks! I had no idea you could do that.

Does anybody have any recent experience with this? I'm thinking of maybe surprising my mom with a cake, which would have to be at CRT as that is the only restaurant she has requested so that'll be her birthday 'spot' so to say. I'm very curious what other peoples experiences have been with a cake at CRT.

I would love to know also b/c I would rather have ours at CRT than Chef Mickey's.

Has anyone every ordered custom cakes/desserts at AKL to be delivered to your room? We'll be staying there in June as a grad trip for DS and I'd love to arrange a surprise for him. Photos and thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes I did and there are a few in the the Cake Photo thread towards the end.

My thoughts.... I'd stick with something that isn't a specialty cake and go with cookies, brownies, or strawberries but of the four that I've seen from AKV it seems that I was the only one that wasn't pleased (and I'm not really hard to please).

Mine is Post #199

Another one from AKV - Post #188

Another - Post # 133

I am going for my DD's 8th birthday in September- we are staying at BLT- when should I call to order something- I really want it sent to our room- will they do that also? Thanks for any help!!:goodvibes

Going in May was planning on ordering for Dbf's birthday our first ADR at chef mickey's, when should I/do I need to call to order(wanted maybe a goofy cake) and do I call the Contemp private dining?

Hey all! I know I'm a ways out but I'm a planner at heart and have already started thinking! :rolleyes1 (we're not going until Thanksgiving for 10 days!!)

If the pixie dust is flying when I plan, I'll have breakfast ADRs at CRT. I'd like to do the castle cake mini and the slipper for my best friend and my other best friend's daughter. I thought I'd read at one time that they did pirate chests or pirate ships for the guys (it would be my two little boys who could possibly share one depending on the size). Do they still do something for the boys?

I'd also like to do a custom cake for either a Wishes cruise or lunch at the Grand Floridian. I love the white chocolate monorail and the Disney stamping (like on the fancier wedding cake styles). I also love the Christmasy flowers like pointsettias that I've seen on other cakes. I don't want anything too super fancy (my best friend and I would love it but I don't think the boys and kids will love it). I'm thinking buttercream icing on a white cake. Can I do that to get the nice stuff on the outside or will it need to be fondant? I don't have anything specific in mind - should I find something specific or will I have better luck leaving it up to them at the bakery to figure it out? It will be just a general "celebration" cake as it's my DS3's 4th bday 4 days before our trip, my bday 11 days after the trip, we "revealed" the trip as a birthday gift to my best friend and it's her and her son's first trip. I can't afford a cake for all of those different things so I think a general "celebration" cake of some kind is probably the best. :goodvibes

We've had custom cakes in the past and I haven't really been following along on process changes and things like that. I need to get up to speed before our trip. Will it be easier to get a cake for the Wishes cruise or at the GFC?? The best cake we ever had was at CR but we're not eating there (as of right now) on this trip.

Thank you all for sharing your amazing cakes and tips and tricks to get what we'd all like in our cakes!

we;ve decided to do a short 5 day wdw trip in july - an add on to an already booked VA vacation

i'm debating on getting a cake - we will have just had our 6th anniversary and dd will be 5 shortly after returning.

what's the smallest cake you can order? 6 inches?

I called the Cake Hotline to order a special cake for our good friends 10th anniversary. (They had gotten married 10 years ago at WDW on February 10th.) The operator started immediately going through all of the standard questions. I had to interrupt to ask her how did I get something more unique than what she was offering. She said that she’d have to have a pastry chef call me back. After a few phone calls and email to Chef Eddie who had to relay everything to the pastry chef at the Contemporary who would be making the cake, we settled on what the cake design would entail and a price.

The cake was really very good. Even the fondant tasted good! The presentation of the cake was fun, too. Our server brought out 2 glasses of champagne and had the couple kiss for 10 seconds while the whole restaurant counted. While they were busy with their kiss, the cake was brought to the table along with a large stack of paper plates. The cake was way too big for our small party of 4 adults and 3 kids (I knew it would be) so we gave a large slab to our server to share in the kitchen. Word got around and slowly but surely, I think every staff member working that night made their way to our table to tell us how fabulous the cake looked. And each of them got a piece of cake.
We boxed the rest of the cake in 2 cake boxes and nibbled on it for our whole week there. It tasted as yummy on our last day as it did that first night.

Price: $130 + tax ($138+change)
Date Received: February 6, 2010
Cake Info: I had asked for a heart shaped cake (got it) with alternating hearts and Mickey icons on the sides (got it), fresh raspberries on top in a heart shape (got it), the message written on a white chocolate ribbon (got it), and if possible the kids names each on one of the hearts on the sides (didn’t get it…but that’s ok.) I would have liked a smaller size, but couldn’t get that in a heart shape.
Due to the initial price I was quoted ($145) I asked them to eliminate the fondant, use regular icing and just the fondant pieces (hearts and Mickeys) for the sides. That reduced the price to $130, but it came fully wrapped in fondant anyway.

WDW015.JPG

WDW018.JPG

And links to two more (similar) images below...
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/50537

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/50535

I called the Cake Hotline to order a special cake for our good friends 10th anniversary. (They had gotten married 10 years ago at WDW on February 10th.) The operator started immediately going through all of the standard questions. I had to interrupt to ask her how did I get something more unique than what she was offering. She said that she’d have to have a pastry chef call me back. After a few phone calls and email to Chef Eddie who had to relay everything to the pastry chef at the Contemporary who would be making the cake, we settled on what the cake design would entail and a price.

The cake was really very good. Even the fondant tasted good! The presentation of the cake was fun, too. Our server brought out 2 glasses of champagne and had the couple kiss for 10 seconds while the whole restaurant counted. While they were busy with their kiss, the cake was brought to the table along with a large stack of paper plates. The cake was way too big for our small party of 4 adults and 3 kids (I knew it would be) so we gave a large slab to our server to share in the kitchen. Word got around and slowly but surely, I think every staff member working that night made their way to our table to tell us how fabulous the cake looked. And each of them got a piece of cake.
We boxed the rest of the cake in 2 cake boxes and nibbled on it for our whole week there. It tasted as yummy on our last day as it did that first night.

Cake Info: I had asked for a heart shaped cake (got it) with alternating hearts and Mickey icons on the sides (got it), fresh raspberries on top in a heart shape (got it), the message written on a white chocolate ribbon (got it), and if possible the kids names each on one of the hearts on the sides (didn’t get it…but that’s ok.) I would have liked a smaller size, but couldn’t get that in a heart shape.
Due to the initial price I was quoted ($145) I asked them to eliminate the fondant, use regular icing and just the fondant pieces (hearts and Mickeys) for the sides. That reduced the price to $130, but it came fully wrapped in fondant anyway.

I have pictures, but apparently don't have enough posts to put up the pictures?

Sounds gorgeous! Did you take any pictures? Would love to see it.

Sounds gorgeous! Did you take any pictures? Would love to see it.

I did take pictures. I tried to post them but got a message saying that I had to have a minimum of 10 posts in order to put up a link or pictures. Maybe this reply will bring me up to 6 posts and I'll be able to put it up soon!

OK I am confused I have to order my cake from the resort I am staying at? I Guess I thought you could order it anywhere If you had ADR's at GF OR CR resturants,Is this wrong?I wanted to get one at one of these places,also could I order when I got there?Thanks

OK I am confused I have to order my cake from the resort I am staying at? I Guess I thought you could order it anywhere If you had ADR's at GF OR CR resturants,Is this wrong?I wanted to get one at one of these places,also could I order when I got there?Thanks
That is correct you may order your cake from the location that you have your reservation at. You don't have to be staying at the resort. Just need a reservation at one of the restaraunts.

Can't wait to see pictures. We are going to order from WCC for DS birthday in May!

I didn't see this anywhere but how soon should I order a custom cake? I want it at WCC in May. For my son's 6th birthday.

My sister & I are going down next week (just the two of us!) for a sisters' trip/early celebration of her 30th birthday. We are on the DDP, so I didn't want a big cake for just the two of us. We are staying at the BWV, so I called private dining to see what my options were from the BW Bakery.

There was no customization allowed for anything under 10". Even with the 6" (which is still too much cake for us) you only got white or chocolate icing, generic roses, and a "Happy Birthday" message written on top. The full size Mickey head cakes are 10" for the head and smaller cakes for the ears. So, I have ordered the mini two tiered wedding cake, with roses on top. They are supposed to write "Happy 30th Birthday DSis" on the cake board. This cake costs $25. I think it will serve the purpose of having something a little special to celebrate her b'day. I'll try to post pics when we get back!

Hi,

We will be celebrating two Birthdays on the same day. It will be the first full day and part of our family will be traveling from England. So we are going to spend the first day in the water park. This is not only so those with jet lag can relax and catch a nap on the beds but also because it is one of the favorite things to do for the two having their Birthdays. We could not get them out of the waterparks till closing last year.

So my future Stepson and my Niece will both be 16. In looking at these boards I am leaning towards two mini-cakes, one for each, so that they don't have to share and both feel special. I will run out at some point during the day to go and pick them up.

Where would be the best place to order and pick these up from, I believe we will be at Blizzard Beach. Also how customizable at the mini-cakes.

Thanks!

Alright, we are heading down to WDW the end of next week and I would like to surprise my lovely wife with a birthday cake. That being said, what would you recommend?...

1. We are staying at the Poly, so I could have it delivered to our room
2. First night there will be dinner at 1900 Park Fare
3. Middle of trip having dinner at the Luau with some friends
4. Dinner at Le Cellier
5. Last night before we leave dinner at CRT

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts