Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From personal experience I know you can get a fancy cake there. My BFF ordered a beautiful cake for my 40th b-day..it was vanilla cake, vanilla filling, white fondaunt with gold foil Mickey heads all around it and had a Cinderella on it. I am pretty sure that all the Magic Kingdom restuarants use the same bakery (there on Main Street)...call this number it will take you directly to Magic Kingdom cakes (407.824.7091). I will try and find another cake that someone had at CRT -- it was really fancy and had an Ariel theme.

The specialty cakes at CRT are made at the bakery/kitchen at the Contemporary, not Main Street.

Okay, another option for me to follow up on is this. We have a breakfast ressie at Crystal Palace on Mother's Day and I really want to surprise my wife (on my son's behalf) with a fancy cake.

I know she'll really like the fondant flowers and my son will absolutely demolish the white chocolate mickey. If I throw in a few strawberries for myself then everyone will be happy.

Can the Crystal Palace accomodate a cake with the above requests?

If the Crystal Palace can't do this, can I have one delivered there?

Given the early ressie, will they take care of the cake for the rest of the day?

I really do like to spoil my missus on occasions such as Mother's Day so a fancy fresh cake and not a generic frozen cake is what I seek. Please tell me if it is possible. :confused:

Okay, another option for me to follow up on is this. We have a breakfast ressie at Crystal Palace on Mother's Day and I really want to surprise my wife (on my son's behalf) with a fancy cake.

I know she'll really like the fondant flowers and my son will absolutely demolish the white chocolate mickey. If I throw in a few strawberries for myself then everyone will be happy.

Can the Crystal Palace accomodate a cake with the above requests?

If the Crystal Palace can't do this, can I have one delivered there?

Given the early ressie, will they take care of the cake for the rest of the day?

I really do like to spoil my missus on occasions such as Mother's Day so a fancy fresh cake and not a generic frozen cake is what I seek. Please tell me if it is possible. :confused:

call this number it will take you directly to Magic Kingdom cakes (407.824.7091) --- and yes you can get a speciality cake for Crystal Palace...I ordered one for my friends birthday there. again they use the same bakery for all the MK restaurants...so you can get fancy there :woohoo: and they kept our cake for us while we toured the park so there shouldn't be a problem with that....in fact I've done this at 2 separate parks so they shouldn't have a problem with it. Good Luck and let me know how it goes! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info Flea and it's good to know they will hold onto it while we enjoy the first real day of our holiday. I suppose that will be two surprises in one day for her then as I've got plans to use wdwflorist too.

I hope I don't cause too much hassle for kids and fathers who are at Crystal Palace at the same time but have forgotten all about Mother's Day.

I hope I don't cause too much hassle for kids and fathers who are at Crystal Palace at the same time but have forgotten all about Mother's Day.

I think you ROCK for doing this...it's wonderful that your wife will feel "special/loved"....and I bet there will be lots of children and fathers scrambling to do something special..but that's a good thing! :thumbsup2

AARGGGHHHHH. I phoned the MK cake hotline and all they could do for me was a vanilla or chocolate with butterscotch filling. My missus wouldn't appreciate either, she hates butterscotch.

All they could advise was to get something from Boardwalk Bakeries, deliver it to them and then they will present it to our table. Is it so hard to get a vanilla with choc icing, raspberry centre and some decorations? :mad:

AARGGGHHHHH. I phoned the MK cake hotline and all they could do for me was a vanilla or chocolate with butterscotch filling. My missus wouldn't appreciate either, she hates butterscotch.

All they could advise was to get something from Boardwalk Bakeries, deliver it to them and then they will present it to our table. Is it so hard to get a vanilla with choc icing, raspberry centre and some decorations? :mad:

REALLY?!!! I'm shocked...I ordered a vanilla cake, chocolate mousse filling with the foundant and silver and gold foil Mickey heads on it at the Plaza...and we ordered my friend a MICKEY Head cake at Crystal Palace. I know it cost you a fortune to call from overseas...do you want me to call again for you? I'll be happy to...Private Message me your first and last name...your reservation date and time...and exactly what you want and any other possible options...I will call for you to see if I get another cast member who might know more.

hi i am also a big planner, so this is far out but i wanted to ask. myself, my husband, my parents, and my sister and her hubbie and kids are all going down for thanksgiving. we are staying at saratoga springs by renting dvc points. i wanted to do a cake that had something to do with family. one: if i wanted it to be ordered and sent to the room, how would i do that and would they deliver? two:any ideas on families that are disney related? i was thinking something like 101 dalmatians, but i didnt know! please help!!!!

I just ordered a cake for my DD's 5th birthday. We're having dinner at 1900 Park Faire this Sunday (3/21).

Just spoke to Christine at the Grand Floridian (seems that Pat is on vacation).

Ordered an 8 in. vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream filling. The outside will be pink buttercream with a white trim. It will have a sparkly pop up Cinderella topper. She also mentioned a sparkly cinderella slipper and some flowers. Cost $62 plus tax

Hopefully, it turns out nice and delicious. I will post pics when I return next week.

Your only choice is BUTTERSCOTCH?!!! YUCK!! That just seems so wrong.

I am betting that there was a misunderstanding and it's actually buttercream the PP was offered. Chocolate with chocolate buttercream and vanilla with vanilla buttercream are the standard cake options offered at most theme park restaurants.

So i originally posted that i ordered a non character theme cake that is just girly and such for my dd's bday @ 1900 park fare on 3/22, but i called back today, because i completely forgot she does loves minnie.

So i now have changed my original order with christine today. Pat is on vacation until 3/20 ( I also think Christine charges less than Pat after talking to her today)

but anyways...

I've ordered an 8 inch cake, chocolate with chocolate butter cream filling. covered in Red fondant with white fondant Polka dots. I also requested the fondant balls around the base in White Black and Yellow. As well as a Big Minnie bow on top with a hand painted Minnie statue.

My Question is... She said they have a White choc minnie statue that is plain with gold on it. How do i get the one in color?! I said handpainted...
She also wanted to add flowers, but i don't think i'm feeling that, so i'm going to change that! The more i think about it, the more i want to change. They probably will hate me soon for calling. lol

From personal experience I know you can get a fancy cake there. My BFF ordered a beautiful cake for my 40th b-day..it was vanilla cake, vanilla filling, white fondaunt with gold foil Mickey heads all around it and had a Cinderella on it. I am pretty sure that all the Magic Kingdom restuarants use the same bakery (there on Main Street)...call this number it will take you directly to Magic Kingdom cakes (407.824.7091). I will try and find another cake that someone had at CRT -- it was really fancy and had an Ariel theme.

The specialty cakes at CRT are made at the bakery/kitchen at the Contemporary, not Main Street.

Thanks both of you for the info!

Okay, my bad. The offering was buttercream and not butterscotch. Still not to wife's taste though. :blush:

I would like to propose a medal be struck for Flea on account of her amazing display of consideration and compassion as she is actively trying to help me out be convincing WDW to make the cake I want for my wife on Mother's Day.

Flea, you are a star. :worship:

I want a cake for both of my kids birthday. Need idea's on what to put on it that can be for both on one cake. I have a boy who is 9 yrs old and a girl who is 5 yrs old.

Hey all! I know I'm a ways out but I'm a planner at heart and have already started thinking! :rolleyes1 (we're not going until Thanksgiving for 10 days!!)

If the pixie dust is flying when I plan, I'll have breakfast ADRs at CRT. I'd like to do the castle cake mini and the slipper for my best friend and my other best friend's daughter. I thought I'd read at one time that they did pirate chests or pirate ships for the guys (it would be my two little boys who could possibly share one depending on the size). Do they still do something for the boys?

I'd also like to do a custom cake for either a Wishes cruise or lunch at the Grand Floridian. I love the white chocolate monorail and the Disney stamping (like on the fancier wedding cake styles). I also love the Christmasy flowers like pointsettias that I've seen on other cakes. I don't want anything too super fancy (my best friend and I would love it but I don't think the boys and kids will love it). I'm thinking buttercream icing on a white cake. Can I do that to get the nice stuff on the outside or will it need to be fondant? I don't have anything specific in mind - should I find something specific or will I have better luck leaving it up to them at the bakery to figure it out? It will be just a general "celebration" cake as it's my DS3's 4th bday 4 days before our trip, my bday 11 days after the trip, we "revealed" the trip as a birthday gift to my best friend and it's her and her son's first trip. I can't afford a cake for all of those different things so I think a general "celebration" cake of some kind is probably the best. :goodvibes

We've had custom cakes in the past and I haven't really been following along on process changes and things like that. I need to get up to speed before our trip. Will it be easier to get a cake for the Wishes cruise or at the GFC?? The best cake we ever had was at CR but we're not eating there (as of right now) on this trip.

Thank you all for sharing your amazing cakes and tips and tricks to get what we'd all like in our cakes!

Just a shameless bump - I didn't see an answer and want to make sure I ask for the correct thing when I'm finally able to call and order. Also, last time I don't think I really called and changed anything. If something were to happen on this trip and the other family doesn't go with us or something, when's the "cut off" for calling and changing things around? Thank you!!!

Hey all! I know I'm a ways out but I'm a planner at heart and have already started thinking! :rolleyes1 (we're not going until Thanksgiving for 10 days!!)

If the pixie dust is flying when I plan, I'll have breakfast ADRs at CRT. I'd like to do the castle cake mini and the slipper for my best friend and my other best friend's daughter. I thought I'd read at one time that they did pirate chests or pirate ships for the guys (it would be my two little boys who could possibly share one depending on the size). Do they still do something for the boys?

I'd also like to do a custom cake for either a Wishes cruise or lunch at the Grand Floridian. I love the white chocolate monorail and the Disney stamping (like on the fancier wedding cake styles). I also love the Christmasy flowers like pointsettias that I've seen on other cakes. I don't want anything too super fancy (my best friend and I would love it but I don't think the boys and kids will love it). I'm thinking buttercream icing on a white cake. Can I do that to get the nice stuff on the outside or will it need to be fondant? I don't have anything specific in mind - should I find something specific or will I have better luck leaving it up to them at the bakery to figure it out? It will be just a general "celebration" cake as it's my DS3's 4th bday 4 days before our trip, my bday 11 days after the trip, we "revealed" the trip as a birthday gift to my best friend and it's her and her son's first trip. I can't afford a cake for all of those different things so I think a general "celebration" cake of some kind is probably the best. :goodvibes

We've had custom cakes in the past and I haven't really been following along on process changes and things like that. I need to get up to speed before our trip. Will it be easier to get a cake for the Wishes cruise or at the GFC?? The best cake we ever had was at CR but we're not eating there (as of right now) on this trip.

Thank you all for sharing your amazing cakes and tips and tricks to get what we'd all like in our cakes!

Just a shameless bump - I didn't see an answer and want to make sure I ask for the correct thing when I'm finally able to call and order. Also, last time I don't think I really called and changed anything. If something were to happen on this trip and the other family doesn't go with us or something, when's the "cut off" for calling and changing things around? Thank you!!!

Last year for the "What will you celebrate?" promo they had little treasure chests. It was about the size of two regular cupcakes put together and you got to keep the treasure box which was twice as deep as the 'cake'. You could ask for this when you checked in, at certain restaurants, or order it prior to arrival. There was no customization and the ones we got were frozen solid so we never did find out how they tasted. My two boys still play with the treasure chests so I consider them a success. I am not sure if they still offer these or not, there might be info on the WDW site under Dining or in the section where they give info on WDW Florist and additional add-ons.

As far as the cake for your Nov. trip I'm not much help since I haven't ordered a cake from GF, CR or for a Wishes cruise. If you have something in mind I would be very specific with the decorations, I'm sure someone on here can give you more info. Since your trip isn't until the end of Nov. wait until mid-Nov. to order the cake and I would hope that by that time you'd know 100% if your friend is going with you or not.

HTH

to the man looking for a cake at crystal palace:

a couple of weeks ago i tried to order a birthday cake for my three year old at CRT and had exactly the same problem. i called a second time and got someone who did offer that there was a "glass slipper dessert" option that could be preordered too. it is chocolate in the shape of a glass slipper, filled with dark chocolate mousse, sitting on a bed of angel food cake, surrounded by fresh berries, with a message written in chocolate(or maybe strawberry syrup). it was delicious and presented beautifully! everyone around us asked to order one then, but they must be preordered like the cakes. i don't know if this would be more to your wife's liking, but it may be another option for you. i am having problems uploading a picture of it - but it was wonderful, and i believe it cost under $20!

SORRY - upon reading other posts, it appears that this dessert is only avail at CRT in the MK, not at Crystal Palace.

...and I want to order a special cake for my DH for our 10th wedding anniversary. Which resort would I have better luck with to deliver to the Polynesian: the GF or the Contemporary?

What I'd like is a "Mad Hatter" style cake.
Red velvet cake with white chocolate mousse filling.
Covered in fondant but with the Haunted Mansion wallpaper as the design.
On the top, I'd like the portraits from the HM stretching room and an inscription that says....

"Ten Years Together and Still Not Enough"

So, do you think this is a possibility? We aren't dining at any restaurants at the GF or Contemporary, so do you think I could get one of these resorts to deliver to our room at the Polynesian?

Thanks.....all thoughts are welcome!

...and I want to order a special cake for my DH for our 10th wedding anniversary. Which resort would I have better luck with to deliver to the Polynesian: the GF or the Contemporary?

What I'd like is a "Mad Hatter" style cake.
Red velvet cake with white chocolate mousse filling.
Covered in fondant but with the Haunted Mansion wallpaper as the design.
On the top, I'd like the portraits from the HM stretching room and an inscription that says....

"Ten Years Together and Still Not Enough"

So, do you think this is a possibility? We aren't dining at any restaurants at the GF or Contemporary, so do you think I could get one of these resorts to deliver to our room at the Polynesian?

Thanks.....all thoughts are welcome!

I'm sure either place would be easy enough. and i love your idea! I wanted a mad hatter cake so bad, but the "starting at 160.00" price tag wasn't going to go over well with my DH especially when there is only 4 of us! lol.

There was a HM cake on the cake gallery page, they do a great job when they have a theme to work with!

I want a cake for both of my kids birthday. Need idea's on what to put on it that can be for both on one cake. I have a boy who is 9 yrs old and a girl who is 5 yrs old.

Do they share a favorite movie?? Something not more girly or more boyish than the other like Finding Nemo. How bout Minnie and Micky.. Always a classic! Either way the kids will love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter