Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is her actual birthday? Any time on the trip? You might want to have it "on" her birthday, but then again, maybe not. Without knowing that, I'd lean towards the first night in your Poly room. The cakes can be fairly big; you can eat what you want and then put it in your fridge to enjoy during the remainder of your trip. That way you don't feel like you have to eat it all at once. You can spread out the enjoyment and have a birthday week! :thumbsup2

I had a cake for my wife delivered when staying at the Poly. It was an incredible cake! ::yes::

You are able to choose the type of cake, the type of filling, the type of frosting and request decorations (and the writing, too of course). It was simply delicious. ::yes::

I would definitely want the cake on my birthday not the day before or after. :confused3 Those cakes r sooo beautiful but pricey. Of course being Disney the decorators are artists.

Definately on her birthday. If you do it before, she will expect something bigger on that day...at least I would. LOL!

We ordered a cake from 1900 Park Fare. It was the best cake we ever ate!!! Pat from Grand Floridian is awesome!!! There is a cake thread with pictures and different flavors and prices. It was so worth the money. We talk about that cake all the time.:love:

I know T-Rex have cakes that can be ordered as part of a child's birthday party package, but I am wondering if anybody has had a cake from there for a birthday when it's just a normal meal and not a party package?

Were you able to preorder it from the restaurant when or after you had made your ADR or just ask when you arrive at the restaurant? Or has anybody taken their own cake to T-Rex?

stupid question, that im sure ive seen answered a million times, but i cant find nor remember. is the chocolate slipper only avail at gf restaurants and crt? we're ordering ds a cake at chef mickeys but dont want dd to feel left out on his bday. thanks guys!

I ordered my cake yesterday for my dd birthday with pat!! I'm so excited and nervous to see it ~ I asked about emailing pictures of what i had in mind, but she seemed as if she didn't want me too.

they also Changed the pricing for mad hatter cakes .. She informed my that they start at $160 now and go up.

She also said they are able to customize 8inch cakes.

This is what we decided on..

8 inch covered in pink fondant, chocolate with chocolate butter cream filling. she is going to round the bottom with the balls like the mad hatter cake which bumped the price from 77 to 90. My dd is not big into characters (I hope she still isn', so she is going to make it really girly with stripes and and stars and hearts.

this better be the most amazing cake ever for 90 dollars! I'm so scared it's not going to be what i expect!

I'll post pictures when I'm back on the 27th. :)

Can anyone advise what my cake options are for CRT? Is it just the little cake in the jewelry box, or do any of the resort bakeries deliver there? We'll be having lunch there on DD's third birthday.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get cakes delivered to POFQ? My lucky missus gets to have her second Mother's Day while we are at WDW and I would like to surprise her with a nice fancy Grand Floridian style cake being left in the room.

If I can't do that, what are my options?

I have a question I hope someone can answer. I want to order an 8' custom fondant cake for my son's birthday. We have reservations for 1900 park fare for dinner on May 31st. How soon should I call in an order the cake? Also do I called the hotline to order the cake? And when do I actually pay for the cake?

Thanks

I have a question I hope someone can answer. I want to order an 8' custom fondant cake for my son's birthday. We have reservations for 1900 park fare for dinner on May 31st. How soon should I call in an order the cake? Also do I called the hotline to order the cake? And when do I actually pay for the cake?

Thanks

I would call 2-3 weeks ahead...I just ordered a cake for a friend who is having dinner there on March 29th...and we ordered his cake last week on March 11th. Just call the cake hotline...follow the prompts and they will get you to Pat (who is soooo nice and soooo helpful) and she will take good care of you. And you pay for the cake at dinner...they just add it to your bill. If you think about it..let us know what you order and post a picture if you can.

Have a great trip!!! :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get cakes delivered to POFQ? My lucky missus gets to have her second Mother's Day while we are at WDW and I would like to surprise her with a nice fancy Grand Floridian style cake being left in the room.

If I can't do that, what are my options?

To get a Grand Floridian cake you have to either be a resort guest there or have dining reservations at one of their restaurants. Call the cake hotline, listen to the prompts and they will connect you to the POFQ chefs...also the Boardwalk Bakery does fancier cakes but you'd have to pick it up yourself.

Good Luck!

How much are those castle cakes? Can I get one sent to Narcossee for our anniversary dinner? Can someone post link on the pics of the cakes?

Can anyone advise what my cake options are for CRT? Is it just the little cake in the jewelry box, or do any of the resort bakeries deliver there? We'll be having lunch there on DD's third birthday.

From personal experience I know you can get a fancy cake there. My BFF ordered a beautiful cake for my 40th b-day..it was vanilla cake, vanilla filling, white fondaunt with gold foil Mickey heads all around it and had a Cinderella on it. I am pretty sure that all the Magic Kingdom restuarants use the same bakery (there on Main Street)...call this number it will take you directly to Magic Kingdom cakes (407.824.7091). I will try and find another cake that someone had at CRT -- it was really fancy and had an Ariel theme.

I would call 2-3 weeks ahead...I just ordered a cake for a friend who is having dinner there on March 29th...and we ordered his cake last week on March 11th. Just call the cake hotline...follow the prompts and they will get you to Pat (who is soooo nice and soooo helpful) and she will take good care of you. And you pay for the cake at dinner...they just add it to your bill. If you think about it..let us know what you order and post a picture if you can.

Have a great trip!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! I think I already know what I want to order. Just have to figure out what type of filling for the inside of the cake. I will post pictures when we get back but that won't be until June 10th!!! It seems so far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter