Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I don't know why I am doing this, but after years of ordering birthday cakes for everyone else and being disappointed with the results, I am asking my husband to get me a cake for my 50th (!!!!!) birthday this December to be delivered to the Cal Grill. I want it to be haunted mansion themed and super extravagant. Anyone have some pictures they want to share of theirs? Your boy needs very specific instructions for this cake. I would like to send him a picture that he can send to the Contemporary and say, this. This is what I want you to do.

Anyone have some inspiration pictures?

JOD

I don't know why I am doing this, but after years of ordering birthday cakes for everyone else and being disappointed with the results, I am asking my husband to get me a cake for my 50th (!!!!!) birthday this December to be delivered to the Cal Grill. I want it to be haunted mansion themed and super extravagant. Anyone have some pictures they want to share of theirs? Your boy needs very specific instructions for this cake. I would like to send him a picture that he can send to the Contemporary and say, this. This is what I want you to do.

JOD
Contemporary did this beautiful Equestrian themed 6 inch cake with fondant (no extra charge) for us in March of this year. It also had a photo of her in the front with icing piped around it. It was $100 and was added to our Steakhouse71 dinner (no advance payment required) so tip was extra; the server did not help with serving or packing (was hard to do with kids who were exhausted after an over 2 hr dinner), but did bring plates and box/bag (COVID protocol):
4568BA3B-8435-4A1C-9763-0E597E0FC730.jpegDF30A1F0-DE7B-484F-A6AD-DF09550BC8F3.jpeg7E6265ED-0BCA-468A-AB5E-6A0B48F8A461.jpeg
The inspirational photo (asked for no horse and a photo of our DD on the front with icing pipped around it):
1D7E4CE8-CEAC-4212-B60E-DA5A84DA2064.jpeg

Last edited:
It's been a minute wince we ordered our cake (like 5 years)..

Do they still deliver to your room (staying at BLT) or will I need to pick the cake up at one of the restaurants?

Is the ordering number or the Contemporary in post #2 still the correct one?

I'd like to order a small...SMALL...cake inspired by our wedding cake for our anniversary trip in 3 weeks. It was a super simple cake. White with piped daisies on it (chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting).

JOD

Here you go!

Secret%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake%202_zpsn28zg7im.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

HMAnnivCake.jpg

Haunted_Mansion_Cake.JPG

1513775_10205965894210296_884702878420638354_n.jpg

Here you go!

Secret%20Haunted%20Mansion%20Cake%202_zpsn28zg7im.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

HMAnnivCake.jpg

Haunted_Mansion_Cake.JPG

1513775_10205965894210296_884702878420638354_n.jpg
I used these cakes for inspiration for my HM
Cake a few years ago; they’re beautiful btw.

The GF (Pat) was able to print a photo in the frame but charged $50 for just that addition. I skipped the wallpaper (black piped mickeys instead) and they put beautiful dark roses with lighting on top. That cake (6 inch, no fondant) was around $120.

Last edited:

Hi all. Early planning for my baby girl’s first birthday cake. We will be staying at the Poly but would love to have a character meal on her birthday; hoping for characters at CRT or Akershus again by then. If not maybe Chef Mickeys.
Would we be able to have the cake served at any TS location or only certain ones?

We’re looking at doing a princessy themed castle cake; here is my inspiration!

Attachments

• FD6371D2-67AF-4159-9136-6D04867E74AE.jpeg
    FD6371D2-67AF-4159-9136-6D04867E74AE.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 54
  • F5B4AE08-6F79-42E3-A905-78713CD5FFC0.jpeg
    F5B4AE08-6F79-42E3-A905-78713CD5FFC0.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 112
Hi all. Early planning for my baby girl’s first birthday cake. We will be staying at the Poly but would love to have a character meal on her birthday; hoping for characters at CRT or Akershus again by then. If not maybe Chef Mickeys.
Would we be able to have the cake served at any TS location or only certain ones?

We’re looking at doing a princessy themed castle cake; here is my inspiration!

Fancy cakes aren't being delivered to Magic Kingdom anymore, and EPCOT can be a crap shoot. You could see if Grand Floridian Private Dining would deliver to Akershus (see post #2). But probably your best bet is Chef Mickey's, because the Contemporary pastry team is working again! (Also Post #2.)

Thanks to all the info here, I was able to order a birthday cake through the Contemporary Resort for delivery to Artist Point!

6" almond cake with amaretto crunch filling and a mini castle chocolate topper. Initially, I was only given the option of chocolate or vanilla cake, but I asked about almond and that was OK'd. I didn't request specific decorations nor was I asked.

I was quoted $50 ($29 for 6" almond, $6 for filling, $15 for castle).

The cake was beautiful. 2 nice layers. It had 3 gum paste roses and the whole thing was covered in glitter, which we loved. Our server added the chocolate rocks and happy birthday chocolate piece.

As for taste... it was probably almond, but the flavor was so very subtle, it likely baked out. In my vast experience with almond cakes, they have all been white cake, but this one was yellow. The mousse had no amaretto flavor whatsoever. It tasted like the gelatinous white chocolate stuff Disney likes to use with soggy slivered almonds on top - would not recommend.

We spent about 15 minutes waiting for our server to figure out how to charge us for the cake. He said the bakery didn't give them the right info for billing. He didn't want us to wait longer, so he let us go and said the charge may show up on the room bill. It did.

Overall, a gorgeous cake with a price that would have been completely worth it had the flavors been more outstanding.

Attachments

• Crbdaycake.jpg
    Crbdaycake.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 107
Thanks to all the info here, I was able to order a birthday cake through the Contemporary Resort for delivery to Artist Point!

6" almond cake with amaretto crunch filling and a mini castle chocolate topper. Initially, I was only given the option of chocolate or vanilla cake, but I asked about almond and that was OK'd. I didn't request specific decorations nor was I asked.

I was quoted $50 ($29 for 6" almond, $6 for filling, $15 for castle).

The cake was beautiful. 2 nice layers. It had 3 gum paste roses and the whole thing was covered in glitter, which we loved. Our server added the chocolate rocks and happy birthday chocolate piece.

As for taste... it was probably almond, but the flavor was so very subtle, it likely baked out. In my vast experience with almond cakes, they have all been white cake, but this one was yellow. The mousse had no amaretto flavor whatsoever. It tasted like the gelatinous white chocolate stuff Disney likes to use with soggy slivered almonds on top - would not recommend.

We spent about 15 minutes waiting for our server to figure out how to charge us for the cake. He said the bakery didn't give them the right info for billing. He didn't want us to wait longer, so he let us go and said the charge may show up on the room bill. It did.

Overall, a gorgeous cake with a price that would have been completely worth it had the flavors been more outstanding.
How did you get in contact with them? I called the number on the first page and I haven't gotten a call back- it's been about 24 hours, but typically I get a quick response!

Thanks

How did you get in contact with them? I called the number on the first page and I haven't gotten a call back- it's been about 24 hours, but typically I get a quick response!

Thanks
That is the number I called. I think I left a message on a Friday afternoon & received a call back the next Tuesday morning. So hopefully you will hear back soon!

Hi Cake people.
We are planning to be in WL on Christmas Eve (Need book a WCC res when the window opens)
We are planning to order a cake. We got married at the yacht club gazebo in 2010 (but we just *love* WL, that's where we stayed for the wedding holiday) so, I am planning to order a 6inch replica of our wedding cake. It was a marble cake with dark chocolate mousse filling, with white fondant with gold Mickey heads on (basically the standard wedding cake design at the time) I am hoping to put the white chocolate anniversary Mickey and Minnie topper.
We are in UK.
So, I have had a god look, but I just want to check, I just ring the Contemporary cake line once I have my ADR, with all these details (a 6 inch cake is enough for 4 people, right? - we are bringing the children) and they will ring me back (even in UK?)
Will it cost me squillions?
TIA

Hi Cake people.
We are planning to be in WL on Christmas Eve (Need book a WCC res when the window opens)
We are planning to order a cake. We got married at the yacht club gazebo in 2010 (but we just *love* WL, that's where we stayed for the wedding holiday) so, I am planning to order a 6inch replica of our wedding cake. It was a marble cake with dark chocolate mousse filling, with white fondant with gold Mickey heads on (basically the standard wedding cake design at the time) I am hoping to put the white chocolate anniversary Mickey and Minnie topper.
We are in UK.
So, I have had a god look, but I just want to check, I just ring the Contemporary cake line once I have my ADR, with all these details (a 6 inch cake is enough for 4 people, right? - we are bringing the children) and they will ring me back (even in UK?)
Will it cost me squillions?
TIA
6 inch cake is very big IMHO and it was more than enough for 5 of us (4 could eat; 1 had allergies and had vegan ice cream). However, we were so full from the dinner (appetizers and entree) that we couldn’t even finish a slice so we had to take it with us.

At Steakhouse71 the Contemporary billed it with the dinner so we didn’t have to pay in advance but did have to tip 18-20%. I’m not sure if it was because the bakery is on property that we were allowed to do that. They gave us a bag and the cake in the original box and we were able to carry it back to our resort (no place to store in the parks so make sure your ADR is the last thing you do).

In the past, when the GF bakery delivered to Ohana, we’ve had to make the payment in full when placing the order over the phone. I would expect to pay at time of ordering.

6 inch cake is very big IMHO and it was more than enough for 5 of us (4 could eat; 1 had allergies and had vegan ice cream). However, we were so full from the dinner (appetizers and entree) that we couldn’t even finish a slice so we had to take it with us.

At Steakhouse71 the Contemporary billed it with the dinner so we didn’t have to pay in advance but did have to tip 18-20%. I’m not sure if it was because the bakery is on property that we were allowed to do that. They gave us a bag and the cake in the original box and we were able to carry it back to our resort (no place to store in the parks so make sure your ADR is the last thing you do).

In the past, when the GF bakery delivered to Ohana, we’ve had to make the payment in full when placing the order over the phone. I would expect to pay at time of ordering.
Thank you so much for this. This is super helpful. I never thought I wouldn't have to pay when I ordered it, so I am prepared for that. Also, thanks for the heads up re carrying. Also, very reassuring that it is going to be plenty big enough (we enjoyed eating our wedding cake during the rest of our holiday, so...)
Our wedding cake was part of the wedding package, so I just had to tick boxes on a form, all by e mail, this is the first time I will be telephoning to arrange a custom cake, so I am a bit anxious!

Looking to do a Monorail themed cake for my son. If Chef Mickeys goes back to a buffet, maybe there. Otherwise I’m thinking either pick up from GF bakery or have delivered to our room at the Poly. Do the deliver it with a cake box? Anyone do a monorail cake?

Can’t remember if I got the name from here or somewhere else but here is the cake we got from Ashley’s sweet shack. It was delivered to aulani for my mom’s birthday. In my nieces words delicious!

Attachments

• 52EA3155-FECD-449F-986F-B57F5D8DDC50.jpeg
    52EA3155-FECD-449F-986F-B57F5D8DDC50.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 851C4D72-A7B2-454B-9019-A2A3088AD48A.jpeg
    851C4D72-A7B2-454B-9019-A2A3088AD48A.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 67

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter