Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hello
There are four celebrations on our next trip and I would like to get each celebrant their own mini cake to celebrate. Would the grand Floridian deliver 4 mini cakes to Saratoga Springs if they were all ordered for delivery on the same day? Also, can the GF cake team make muppet themed cakes, or are there copyright issues?
Thanks

I emailed the Grand Floridian this morning to request a cake delivery to Boardwalk Inn and they responded that they don't deliver there and gave me the number to the Boardwalk. I thought they did previously.

Hi all!
It has been years since I have visited Disney, and this time is extra special as my parents and all of their grand children will be going. My sister and I have ordered cakes in the past for special occasions, custom ones, but my question centers around mini cakes. I believe I have seen custom mini cakes on here before, I have scanned through some of the pages but didn't seem to find anything. I would be interested in several custom mini cakes, possibly for dinner at CG or for delivery to Copper Creek. Is any of that possible these days?

Had to take a few days to recover from my last trip but I definitely had to share my cake experience. 6" chocolate cake with strawberry mousse butter cream and chocolate cupcake with peanut butter buttercream.

I got to meet (and hug) the team responsible!! My pictures don't capture all the detail on that sweet modeling chocolate octapus but y'all. It was amazing. The cake was dusted over with edible glitter so it glimmered.

The fireworks were paper thin white chocolate dusted with the glitter as well. My dad was super surprised. The cake was dense but not dry. Made for good breakfast the next day. Can't report on the cupcake - it got devoured without my help!

Total cost. $150.00

We did have one issue about who was supposed to get payment. Whispering Canyon didn't know ro add it to my bill. They ingo was coded on the boxes they were delivered with.

Attachments

• 20220426_173922.jpg
    20220426_173922.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 20220426_173925.jpg
    20220426_173925.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 174
  • received_1154520012026963.jpeg
    received_1154520012026963.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 165
  • received_368781818357965.jpeg
    received_368781818357965.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

I emailed the Grand Floridian this morning to request a cake delivery to Boardwalk Inn and they responded that they don't deliver there and gave me the number to the Boardwalk. I thought they did previously.
I talked to Julisa at the GF yesterday, and she stated that I could have my cake delivered to the boardwalk in. Maybe call again?

Hello
There are four celebrations on our next trip and I would like to get each celebrant their own mini cake to celebrate. Would the grand Floridian deliver 4 mini cakes to Saratoga Springs if they were all ordered for delivery on the same day? Also, can the GF cake team make muppet themed cakes, or are there copyright issues?
Thanks

Unfortunately, you're going to have to call the number for the Grand Floridian in Post #2 to ask these questions. Everything is changing frequently right now. In the past, Muppets were a no. But they've started doing Star Wars designs, so it's definitely worth asking!

Hi all!
It has been years since I have visited Disney, and this time is extra special as my parents and all of their grand children will be going. My sister and I have ordered cakes in the past for special occasions, custom ones, but my question centers around mini cakes. I believe I have seen custom mini cakes on here before, I have scanned through some of the pages but didn't seem to find anything. I would be interested in several custom mini cakes, possibly for dinner at CG or for delivery to Copper Creek. Is any of that possible these days?

Someone in this thread was just told that the Contemporary isn't doing mini cakes right now, but I still think it's worth calling and asking.
Had to take a few days to recover from my last trip but I definitely had to share my cake experience. 6" chocolate cake with strawberry mousse butter cream and chocolate cupcake with peanut butter buttercream.

I got to meet (and hug) the team responsible!! My pictures don't capture all the detail on that sweet modeling chocolate octapus but y'all. It was amazing. The cake was dusted over with edible glitter so it glimmered.

The fireworks were paper thin white chocolate dusted with the glitter as well. My dad was super surprised. The cake was dense but not dry. Made for good breakfast the next day. Can't report on the cupcake - it got devoured without my help!

Total cost. $150.00

We did have one issue about who was supposed to get payment. Whispering Canyon didn't know ro add it to my bill. They ingo was coded on the boxes they were delivered with.

Thanks for sharing details of your experience. Both of them look great!

Called the Contemporary cake line the other day about 9 am, and ended up receiving a phone call back that afternoon. Placed an order for what sounds like a simple 6 inch Star Wars cake and was quoted 65.00. Originally wanted a Pandora/ navi river inspired cake and they said no. I asked for it to be delivered to hoop dee doo, but was told I might have to pick it up from trails end. I will be calling trails end a couple days before to verify the cake is making its way over there.

I would like to order one of the Mouse Ears cakes for an ADR in July. However, I didn’t realize it was my friend’s birthday until now. How do I do this. The ADR is in Ale and Compass, dinner.

I would like to order one of the Mouse Ears cakes for an ADR in July. However, I didn’t realize it was my friend’s birthday until now. How do I do this. The ADR is in Ale and Compass, dinner.
Apparently you can add it on MDE. I know at Topolinos and maybe Steakhouse71 we were asked when we mobile checked in.

Here is the info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/cake-orders/

Mobile order (click on restaurant then ‘order food’ and then ‘see all categories’ and scroll to the ‘Mickey Mouse Cel...’ icon):

https://allears.net/2021/04/21/a-disney-world-resort-hotel-perk-just-got-pricier/

66981527-ABCD-46A2-8B25-0D034070A992.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you!

Well, it seems they CANNOT add the cake to the reservation except when you first make the reservation. So, I was told to add it at check in which I will do.

Last edited:
Does Disney do egg-free cakes or is the only option to go through Erin McKenna's? We just found out our 9 month old has a serious egg allergy and we're taking him to Disney for his 1st birthday. I wanted to order a custom cake, but it looks like that isn't possible for restaurant delivery if we go through Erin McKenna based on the FAQ... or did I misread it? This is our first time navigating Disney with an allergy, especially for cake ordering. If anyone has insight, that'd be awesome!

Does Disney do egg-free cakes or is the only option to go through Erin McKenna's? We just found out our 9 month old has a serious egg allergy and we're taking him to Disney for his 1st birthday. I wanted to order a custom cake, but it looks like that isn't possible for restaurant delivery if we go through Erin McKenna based on the FAQ... or did I misread it? This is our first time navigating Disney with an allergy, especially for cake ordering. If anyone has insight, that'd be awesome!
In the past I’ve had egg free cakes made by the Grand Floridian (incl a Cinderella Doll cake delivered to CRT - no longer offered). Our teen outgrew eggs (her allergies were in the 3 range). Our now 5 year old has had a dairy, egg, nut (coconut is ok; his allergies are in 80s) and seed free cake safely in the past (pre pandemic) from the GF (for his 2nd birthday).

Post pandemic (new bakery team?) our DD had a reaction from a cake (was for my birthday and was supposed to be safe for our 5 year old who is allergic to milk/eggs/kiwi/cashews/sesame) but I believe they switched a spice cake with our vanilla with fresh fruit filling (there was no fruit filling) and our teen (now allergic to nuts and seeds only) reacted (she took a bite before anyone else). Thankfully our son didn’t have any. It had vegan white chocolate so I suspected cashews but she didn’t react to the frosting. It was also undercooked and upset my stomach as well. It was a scary few hours (about 3). Fortunately Benadryl worked after a few hours of violent vomiting with visible stomach cramps (very painful). They did refund the cake, but did argue that they routinely handle allergies. Our teen wouldn’t touch any desserts until the contemporary chef came to our table and reassured her that they made their chocolate cake in-house (nut free).

Topolinos was really good and had vegan eggs (just eggs brand), a pastry basket and vegan wafffle for our son. Sunshine seasons always has a vegan option (mousse or cupcake). You can find Erin McKenna mini brownie cupcakes at Art of animation QS and Mara (AKL). Be our Guest has a vegan dessert that you can ask for your daughter and it tastes great. He doesn’t like the allergy free plate at the dessert party.

The Contemporary bakery made a cake this March without nuts and seeds and our DD did not react. They also carry Tofutti ice cream. I have not asked them for a dairy/egg free cake. We did order an Erin McKenna cake but it was too hard to cut (but safe). Our son has had multiple cakes/cupcakes from Whole Foods and I would try a slice at home (with Benadryl/AuviQ on hand) and maybe have one delivered from Whole Foods (their cookies/cream is delicious).

We keep single serving Benadryl packs (easy to carry) with us:

https://drkids.com/

We also have Benadryl itch relief stick that helps if they accidentally touch something with allergens.

Last edited:
So for my 10th wedding anniversary I just got a quote from grand Floridian for a 6 inch top tier replica of my wedding cake for $160 plus and extra $20 for the white chocolate mini castle on top. So $180 total. My wedding cake was the simple "nd they lived happily ever after" cake with the big castle on top. So here the details.... 6 inch cake - Yellow cake - tropical mousse filling - white fondant and gold lettering. Is it me or is this a lot of a 6 inch simple cake? Not sure how much cakes of gone up but I ordered a custom cake about 5 years ago that was much more decorated and elaborate filling for $68.

So is that too much for a 6 inch cake?

What do you think?4555EA2B-DFE3-489A-B803-1EBF39E46907.jpeg

Thank you!! I mean I’m ok with paying it if that’s the price. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting a bad deal.

Also is it just grand Floridian that has a price like that??

@SheilaHeartsDisney They have the highest prices, but they are one of only two resorts still making custom cakes at the moment. The other is the Contemporary, which continues to have lower prices but can be harder to get ahold of.

@SheilaHeartsDisney They have the highest prices, but they are one of only two resorts still making custom cakes at the moment. The other is the Contemporary, which continues to have lower prices but can be harder to get ahold of.
I completely agree with this. Post pandemic I had a simple cake made for $100 (no fondant) 6 inch from the Gf (see page 187 of this thread). I thought the cake was worth probably $60 and they just charged for delivery to the resort indirectly (AOA). If you look at the picture you can see that the cake was undercooked and was NOT vanilla with fresh fruit filling.

The contemporary made a better and more elaborate cake for the same price (same size) and with fondant (page 194 of this thread). This was not prepaid and was included with our Steakhouse71 dinner (need to tip extra).

You also have to consider transportation and storage. We always have leftovers if we have them delivered to a restaurant. I think post pandemic and given the increased crowd levels and hard to get ADRs, GF is probably overwhelmed with orders and has a new team

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter