Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

This will be the least impressive cake on here! Today is my wife's Birthday. The past 4 years we've spent it at Disney and I've come here for cake ideas. This year's trip was obviously canceled but I did the best with the ingredients I had in the house to try and make today somewhat special, even if we're stuck here at home :-)

View attachment 489102

Price: About: $19

Date Received: April 19th

Cake Info: Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake. 3 Layers with Chocolate Buttercream. Cake made with Ghiradelli Unsweetened Chocolate and Buttercream made with 70% Valrhona Guanaja.

Anything special about the Cake: Nope, a weak comparison to what I've had made for her over the past few years but made with love!

I hope everyone is safe and healthy!!

Aw, that's so nice! I'm sure your wife loved it. And you did a wonderful job! My cakes look nowhere near that nice. Happy Belated Birthday to your wife!

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this Animal Kingdom wedding cake. I'll throw in a pic of the ceremony in front of Tree of Life too!

PH672470120%20-%200441_zpsjz2dcbwg.jpg

PH672470120%20-%200467_zpsodbhxnnk.jpg

PH672470120%20-%200466_zps70qynozg.jpg

PH672470120%20-%200465_zpsnkurfdzn.jpg

PH672470120%20-%200464_zpsystmt84n.jpg

PH672470120%20-%200461_zpsk5yaniaj.jpg

PH672470120%20-%200405_zps6kpswjcw.jpg

This cake is absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn't want to eat it, it's that pretty. Thanks for sharing!

OK, here's this week's Disney Wedding Podcast cake. The couple had a Vintage Boardwalk-themed wedding at Sea Breeze Point!

Image-1076_zpskxwriifp.jpg

Image-1070_zpsfjyc5plw.jpg

Image-1075_zpsbna793gr.jpg

Image-1072_zpswycrhsck.jpg

Wedding%20Cake_zpsumlax5jv.jpg

Image-536_zpspoeu1tll.jpg

Image-537_zpsy4prhztu.jpg
I love the Mickey Minnie car topper - Is it plastic or ceramic ?
I wonder if I can order a mini cake with that topper on top ?
Where did you order you cake from ?

We will be celebrating our 35th or 36th wedding anniversary when we go to WDW

Can I order a butter cream 6" or 8" cake from the Boardwalk Bakery and have it placed in our room at Pop Century ?
It does not have to be decorated on top - I just ordered a great cake topper from ETSY - Once Upon a Dream
Can the Boardwalk bakery, if I do a special order, do special diets ? Such as no salt in the cake and only use no salt butter for the butter cream ?

I love the Mickey Minnie car topper - Is it plastic or ceramic ?
I wonder if I can order a mini cake with that topper on top ?
Where did you order you cake from ?

We will be celebrating our 35th or 36th wedding anniversary when we go to WDW

The topper is a Lenox china figure called "Minnie's Dream Honeymoon" that you can buy online from all sorts of places. It is not available from Disney's pastry team. It definitely will NOT fit on a mini cake—it barely fits on the 6-inch cake in the photo. This cake was made by the Grand Floridian's Wedding Cakes team, but the pastry teams at the other Deluxe Disney resorts can attempt to replicate it.

Can I order a butter cream 6" or 8" cake from the Boardwalk Bakery and have it placed in our room at Pop Century ?
It does not have to be decorated on top - I just ordered a great cake topper from ETSY - Once Upon a Dream
Can the Boardwalk bakery, if I do a special order, do special diets ? Such as no salt in the cake and only use no salt butter for the butter cream ?

If you place the order via Pop Century, yes, they will obtain the cake from BoardWalk Bakery for you. If you call BoardWalk Bakery directly, they will tell you they do not deliver to Pop Century. It's always worth asking about the no-salt thing. Disney in general is very good about accommodating special diets, but ever since Erin McKenna's went in at Disney Springs, they've been trying to steer most special-diet cake requests to them instead...

So, in September, I’m looking to have a cake delivered to the Boathouse that has Marie and Duchess on it. It’s a combined birthday, Mother’s Day, celebration cake since I wasn’t able to celebrate with my mom this year due to the unpleasantness ( or Backstreet Boys Reunion Tour if you’re a GameGrumps fan ), and I don’t think we will be spending much time in the parks. Just Magic Kingdom and Epcot and Disney Springs.

How would one go about this? Thanks in advance, friends!

@merry_nbright So The Boathouse does not offer custom cakes, but you are welcome to bring your own, with no cake-cutting fee. When they open again, Amorette's does deliver to The Boathouse, but their customization options are limited. Your best bet is to use a local cake baker and see if they can meet you at the Boathouse to deliver the cake. Some popular options are It's Tasty Too, Everything Cake Orlando, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, Bake Me a Cake and Anna Cakes.

Hi all,

I feel like every trip I am stuck in this predicament. Has anyone done a first birthday cake and have ideas of themes? We are going for my son's first birthday and I want to do something nice for dinner. Our cake from AKL last year was amazing so I am thinking about going with them again.

OK, I have to post a picture of this week's Disney Wedding Podcast cake. This couple had a small wedding at Disneyland and a big fairy tale-themed wedding back home, complete with a 9-tier cake suspended from the ceiling!

IMG-923_zpslauucvwt.jpg

IMG-65_zpsy6zc1ebk.jpg
The very top tier of this cake is leaning over? I can't imagine how much it cost, but I would not be happy about that at all.

Anyone ever make their own castle topper out of white chocolate? If so post a pic. I seen a couple 3-d molds online, but thinking its not that easy.

So has anyone tried to order a cake for this reopening period? I wasn’t sure if they would be open, but I sure would love to have one for this thrice rescheduled Girls Trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!