From Post #2....We have a reservation at California grill for my wife birthday !st week in October. I am confused on who I have to call to order a cake.
HOWEVER... right now the Private Dining team is still furloughed, so there is no one to take (and possibly make) your order. You can keep trying as your date approaches, but you might want to investigate picking up a cake at Publix or having a local Orlando bakery make something for you to pick up/have delivered.Contemporary Resort* 407-824-3500
This number is the resort’s main line; ask to be transferred to Contemporary Private Dining. DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE CAKE HOTLINE. You must speak to a REAL PERSON. No one answers the voicemail anymore.
At least one week's notice is required for elaborate cakes; simple cakes may be ordered 72 hours in advance. Orders may not be placed more than 90 days in advance.
- Mickey Mouse Celebration Dome Cake: $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse
- 6-inch $35 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream; screen prints not available
- 8-inch $50 custom vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, fruit mousse or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
- 10-inch $70 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
- Screen print costs $32
- White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
- Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be applied over one-tier mini cakes. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $40
- Fancy, fondant-covered cakes $32 on top of the price for a basic cake in the size you want (see above). Standard fillings are vanilla buttercream, white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, raspberry mousse, Amaretto mousse (+$5), peanut butter mousse (+$5) and Oreo mousse (a.k.a., The Grey Stuff, +$12); additional flavors may be available.
We are staying at POP - can i get a custom cake delivered there? and who do I call ?We are glad to report that at least some places on property are still doing custom cakes. We just ordered a custom cake for our daughter's first birthday this October. We went simple on decorations as we expect this will be a smash cake when all is said and done. We are having it delivered for dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe.
This is the cake we had made for our eldest daughter's first birthday 4 years ago. For this upcoming cake, we asked for a castle outline instead of the crown.
View attachment 527352
Just learned that the Contemporary's pastry team is back and taking orders 5 days a week. Call the Contemporary's Cake Line and leave a message with details on what you want, and they'll call back to finalize the order: 1-407-824-2955.We have a reservation at California grill for my wife birthday !st week in October. I am confused on who I have to call to order a cake.
I do love the colorful decorations on the side and how they pop against the brown!I thought the cake turned out beautifully but it wasn't as whimsical as I was expecting. I asked for a tropical theme and while the sides and hibiscus flowers were beautiful, I was not expecting a brown cake. Not disappointed, just definitely not what I thought I was gonna get!
I agree, the brown is a little odd, although lurkyloo is right that the decorations pop against that color. The flowers are just beautiful, though! Very cute cake.Just got back from a big birthday trip with my husband. I ordered the smallest cake I could get through the Grand Floridian pastry team since neither the Poly (where we were staying) or the Contemporary (we ate at California Grill for his birthday dinner) had cake personnel on hand at the time. Thankfully, GF was able to deliver the cake to Kona Cafe; for some reason I thought they'd deliver it to the room so it was a bit of a anticlimatic reveal, haha.
I thought the cake turned out beautifully but it wasn't as whimsical as I was expecting. I asked for a tropical theme and while the sides and hibiscus flowers were beautiful, I was not expecting a brown cake. Not disappointed, just definitely not what I thought I was gonna get!