Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Called the number posted in this thread for the boardwalk inn today to order a 6in cake for our upcoming stay there and was told they no longer do 6 inch cakes the closest they had was the 8 inch. Is that true?

Called the number posted in this thread for the boardwalk inn today to order a 6in cake for our upcoming stay there and was told they no longer do 6 inch cakes the closest they had was the 8 inch. Is that true?

I would ask for the pastry chef's email so that you can work out the details and then ask him or her what's actually possible, size-wise. In the past, they have been unable to do certain decor and screen prints on 6-inch cakes, so the person you spoke to could have been confusing it with that.

I have a few questions. We are going to Disney in 3 weeks and will be there to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. We will be staying at All Star Music and I'm finalizing dining. She wanted Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table. Her actual birthday is our last day and we may be at Universal that day.
So I am wondering, could I get a cake sent to the room? I'm not sure if it will get eaten if we are at parks all day but I hate not to have one on her actual birthday? I think I saw a dome cake could be done at our resort, but do I need to order it in advance? I'm thinking maybe a 6-8 inch decorated with elaborate flowers or a mini with lighted chocolate castle at Cinderella's reservation earlier in the week? Also, wondering about zebra cake that is supposed to taste like zebra domes? How can that be ordered and how much is it? Just wondering my best options and how to go about it? I appreciate any help!

I have a few questions. We are going to Disney in 3 weeks and will be there to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. We will be staying at All Star Music and I'm finalizing dining. She wanted Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table. Her actual birthday is our last day and we may be at Universal that day.
So I am wondering, could I get a cake sent to the room?

Yes. Call the number for All-Star Music in Post #2 of this thread. If you don't hear back within a week, call the main number for the resort and explain what you are trying to do and that no one has called you back and see if they can transfer you to a real person.

I think I saw a dome cake could be done at our resort, but do I need to order it in advance?

If you want it delivered to the room, yes. Otherwise, you should be able to walk up to the podium of any table-service restaurant at WDW (except Victoria & Albert's) and ask for one on the spot. It doesn't look like they have them in the cold case at the Value food courts the way they used to with the old celebration cakes, but you could check.

I'm thinking maybe a 6-8 inch decorated with elaborate flowers or a mini with lighted chocolate castle at Cinderella's reservation earlier in the week?

The Magic Kingdom no longer allows you to order custom cakes. Each restaurant has one standardized option. See Post #1 for more details.

Also, wondering about zebra cake that is supposed to taste like zebra domes? How can that be ordered and how much is it? Just wondering my best options and how to go about it?

The Zebra Dome Cake is only available at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It costs $42.

I had an 8 inch delivered to Jiko earlier this week. I can’t remember if I could have done 6 inches, which I would have preferred. 8 inches was a lot of cake (even for 8 people) and we had leftovers for days. AKL was able to make a red velvet cake even though it is not on their standard list. I was grateful for that which was my most important request.

I also called Boardwalk today for our Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno and was told there were no 6 inch cakes and I could either do a mini cake or the next size up was 8 inch.
Was quoted $55 for a mini 2 tier cake with Rapunzel theming on top layer and Ariel theming on bottom layer. So excited!

I would say something nicely. For the price of these cakes, they should be right.

I’d definitely say something. Fondant is more expensive, so if you paid for a fondant covered cake, you certainly should have received that.

So I e-mailed Pat on Tuesday and gave feedback on my experience (she had asked me in a previous message to let her know how we liked it) but haven't received any response as yet. If I'm honest I don't really expect to get one.

So I e-mailed Pat on Tuesday and gave feedback on my experience (she had asked me in a previous message to let her know how we liked it) but haven't received any response as yet. If I'm honest I don't really expect to get one.

I'd probably do more than just give feedback. I've had cakes that I felt were poorly executed and given feedback, but if you paid for fondant, you were charged for something you did not receive. I'd want to get Pat on the phone and find out exactly what was specified/itemized in your order for the billing process. i.e. was it just a misunderstanding that never impacted billing, or did you pay that fondant upcharge? I'd even go as far as to make sure you were billed for a generic buttercream filling.

I also called Boardwalk today for our Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno and was told there were no 6 inch cakes and I could either do a mini cake or the next size up was 8 inch.
Was quoted $55 for a mini 2 tier cake with Rapunzel theming on top layer and Ariel theming on bottom layer. So excited!
Good to know we are getting the same info! I ended up ordering an 8 inch beach themed cake for my moms retirement...more cake than we need but I love cake!

I would ask for the pastry chef's email so that you can work out the details and then ask him or her what's actually possible, size-wise. In the past, they have been unable to do certain decor and screen prints on 6-inch cakes, so the person you spoke to could have been confusing it with that.
Thank you! I took your advice and I spoke with the pastry chef and she said no more 6 inch cakes :-/ We went with the 8 inch and plan to eat lots and lots of cake!

Hi!
This is my first time posting here after l read a lot from this thread!
My boyfriend and I are celebrating our anniversary on next Friday at the GF and as a surprise I want to order the Cinderella Slipper Dessert! But I'm having trouble to reach Pat, I've called since yesterday but she is not answering :guilty: I think I'll call tomorrow ...do you know if she is working on weekends? ... any suggestions on what should I do? :scratchin

Hi!
This is my first time posting here after l read a lot from this thread!
My boyfriend and I are celebrating our anniversary on next Friday at the GF and as a surprise I want to order the Cinderella Slipper Dessert! But I'm having trouble to reach Pat, I've called since yesterday but she is not answering :guilty: I think I'll call tomorrow ...do you know if she is working on weekends? ... any suggestions on what should I do? :scratchin
I would call main line and ask for private dining

I will be celebrating DD's 3rd birthday at AKL. Since they don't do mini-cake, can we order cake from Beach & Yacht Club and have it delivered to AKL?

Thanks!

I took the leap today and called dining to see about the ordering process for my daughter's 5th birthday cake for our Sanaa reservation. I completely don't remember the name of the woman I spoke to but she was very upbeat. It's nice to talk to someone who's excited about their work :)

I told her 5th birthday party for my girl. Mid October reservation. We could go a few different ways themewise: spooky (Not haunted mansion spooky - she's never seen the ride!!) But ghosts, bats ... I wonder if they can do a Mickey pumpkin......

We could also do waves, Moana shells water OR frozen/ice/snow... snowgies...

I told her I was flexible but wanted to hear from the cake designer where her strengths were. I'm not opposed to the idea of fondant but I've seen some lovely details done with frosting too.

She mentioned that in the case now she had a toystory cake with fondant sculpting and glowing blocks which sounded cool but she couldn't send me pics. She took my info and was quick to say she'd have the chef call me either Monday or ,Tuesday with the holiday coming up, to talk about our options.

So that's where I'm at - still thinking this whole thing through. I'm getting excited!!

Thanks for listening!

I took the leap today and called dining to see about the ordering process for my daughter's 5th birthday cake for our Sanaa reservation. I completely don't remember the name of the woman I spoke to but she was very upbeat. It's nice to talk to someone who's excited about their work :)

I told her 5th birthday party for my girl. Mid October reservation. We could go a few different ways themewise: spooky (Not haunted mansion spooky - she's never seen the ride!!) But ghosts, bats ... I wonder if they can do a Mickey pumpkin......

I told her I was flexible but wanted to hear from the cake designer where her strengths were. I'm not opposed to the idea of fondant but I've seen some lovely details done with frosting too.

She mentioned that in the case now she had a toystory cake with fondant sculpting and glowing blocks which sounded cool but she couldn't send me pics. She took my info and was quick to say she'd have the chef call me either Monday or ,Tuesday with the holiday coming up, to talk about our options.

So that's where I'm at - still thinking this whole thing through. I'm getting excited!!

Thanks for listening!

I don’t think I posted this cake I received in 2016 for my October birthday. They can do adorable Mickey pumpkins, for sure! This was one of my favorite WDW cakes received to date.

Attachments

• 664001F6-6340-4717-AE92-5C46AE588445.jpeg
    664001F6-6340-4717-AE92-5C46AE588445.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 259
I will be celebrating DD's 3rd birthday at AKL. Since they don't do mini-cake, can we order cake from Beach & Yacht Club and have it delivered to AKL?

Thanks!

Nope! You have to order the cake from the place you want it delivered. Only resorts that don't have pastry teams get their cakes delivered from another resort, but AKL does have a pastry team.

If you want a mini cake, you'll need to have one delivered to a dining reservation at a resort or park that offers them.

Thanks for listening!
That is very exciting! I love the idea of a Mickey pumpkin or Moana....have't seen many of those come through yet.

I'm still waiting a week or so before I call the CR cake line and start working on my anniversary cake! :cool1:

I don’t think I posted this cake I received in 2016 for my October birthday. They can do adorable Mickey pumpkins, for sure! This was one of my favorite WDW cakes received to date.

That's from AKL!? Cute and spooky and right up our alley!! That Mickey pumpkin is precious!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!