Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Happy to report I FINALLY received a phone call from Terry @ Contemporary after emailing and calling for close to 6 weeks. I called private dining as well and was told “she will get back to u as soon as she can.” I was very unsure on whether or not we would have one since I needed it for 9/8. We cut it about as close as we could get, but very happy my daughter will have a Bday cake:)!

Happy to report I FINALLY received a phone call from Terry @ Contemporary after emailing and calling for close to 6 weeks. I called private dining as well and was told “she will get back to u as soon as she can.” I was very unsure on whether of not we would have one since I needed it for 9/8. We cut it about as close as we could get, but very happy my daughter will have a Bday cake:)!

So glad to hear it! As I mentioned above, it took YC&BC a really, really long time to get back to me this time too. I was starting to sweat, for sure!

So, in your opinion, is it better to order Wilderness Lodge bakeries, or Boardwalk Inn? I want a 6 inch christmas cake, vanilla cake, 3-4 layers, buttercream with white chocolate mousse filling.....

So, in your opinion, is it better to order Wilderness Lodge bakeries, or Boardwalk Inn? I want a 6 inch christmas cake, vanilla cake, 3-4 layers, buttercream with white chocolate mousse filling.....

Well, BoardWalk Bakery just stopped offering 6-inch cakes, so I’m gonna say Wilderness Lodge!

I called BC and spoke with someone who said they would email me pictures of what they were thinking for a custom Food and Wine inspired cake for end of Sept. in the next couple days and I haven’t heard a single thing in 1.5 weeks. Getting nervous. I may try calling back tomorrow.....

We've never ordered a cake at WDW before... but our daughter will be turning three during our trip... and the only thing she's asked for is a "pink cake." We have a Chef Mickey's reservation on her birthday (9/16). I called about two weeks ago and left a message on the Contemporary cake line voicemail. Then again last week. Was hoping you guys could tell me if this is normal or if I should start figuring out a back-up plan. Reading through some of the threads, it seems like there can be quite a delay in response times. We're not at all picky on the final result but if mama can come through, I'd like to :) On a side note, if we do get a cake... are you allowed to light candles in the restaurant? We have some but wasn't sure if I should bring them.

We've never ordered a cake at WDW before... but our daughter will be turning three during our trip... and the only thing she's asked for is a "pink cake." We have a Chef Mickey's reservation on her birthday (9/16). I called about two weeks ago and left a message on the Contemporary cake line voicemail. Then again last week. Was hoping you guys could tell me if this is normal or if I should start figuring out a back-up plan. Reading through some of the threads, it seems like there can be quite a delay in response times. We're not at all picky on the final result but if mama can come through, I'd like to :) On a side note, if we do get a cake... are you allowed to light candles in the restaurant? We have some but wasn't sure if I should bring them.
Try calling main number and ask for private dining

I called BC and spoke with someone who said they would email me pictures of what they were thinking for a custom Food and Wine inspired cake for end of Sept. in the next couple days and I haven’t heard a single thing in 1.5 weeks. Getting nervous. I may try calling back tomorrow.....

It took about two weeks, but I got my email last week (of course, I was on a cruise and didn't see it until just now). They sent me three ideas with corresponding price points. Easy peasy!

i called the wilderness lodge number this morning and spoke with a very nice woman who gave me the email for the contemporary to order my cake for october 5th. i was excited to finally get somewhere! however, i just checked and it’s the same “unmonitored” email that i had already emailed and gotten the response to call! should i call contemporary’s private dining line instead? anyone have any suggestions?

i called the wilderness lodge number this morning and spoke with a very nice woman who gave me the email for the contemporary to order my cake for october 5th. i was excited to finally get somewhere! however, i just checked and it’s the same “unmonitored” email that i had already emailed and gotten the response to call! should i call contemporary’s private dining line instead? anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, call the phone number and explain that WL told you to call. You can also call the Contemporary directly and ask to be transfered to Private Dining. They can give you the direct email of the new cake coordinator.

I just talked to Pat at the GF. I am getting a 2 tier mini cake in celebration of my son’s 3rd birthday. She told me the only filling options are vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavor. I asked about a Mickey theme, and she said they could pipe red Mickey ears onto the sides and put a Mickey hat on top. It seems pretty basic and I was hoping for more filling choices, but on the other hand, my son will be happy to have any kind of cake. She said it would cost $35, so, fairly inexpensive. We won’t be eating this cake until 10/23...I started calling early in case I had trouble getting a hold of her!

I just talked to Pat at the GF. I am getting a 2 tier mini cake in celebration of my son’s 3rd birthday. She told me the only filling options are vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavor. I asked about a Mickey theme, and she said they could pipe red Mickey ears onto the sides and put a Mickey hat on top. It seems pretty basic and I was hoping for more filling choices, but on the other hand, my son will be happy to have any kind of cake. She said it would cost $35, so, fairly inexpensive. We won’t be eating this cake until 10/23...I started calling early in case I had trouble getting a hold of her!

I had a Mickey style cake a while ago at the Plaza (back when you could get them) - this is the one I got :)

After MONTHS of studying everything in this forum, I went ahead and sent in an email request for a cake at California Grill through the Contemporary cake order address. We already have an ADR for brunch and are staying at the resort as well, so I'm hoping any mishaps can easily be resolved. That said, I put in an order for a six inch cake, chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling layered with chocolate ganache, and a fondant covering. I am providing a picture of what I would like the cake to resemble; the simple pink birthday cake from Alice in Wonderland with the candle also made from marzipan/fondant.

92909780c538ae284e1988d392808f0a.jpg

Now we wait and see if I get a yes, a no, or a maybe so! Thank you to everyone who has shared their information here, I could not have done it without you all.

After MONTHS of studying everything in this forum, I went ahead and sent in an email request for a cake at California Grill through the Contemporary cake order address. We already have an ADR for brunch and are staying at the resort as well, so I'm hoping any mishaps can easily be resolved. That said, I put in an order for a six inch cake, chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling layered with chocolate ganache, and a fondant covering. I am providing a picture of what I would like the cake to resemble; the simple pink birthday cake from Alice in Wonderland with the candle also made from marzipan/fondant.

92909780c538ae284e1988d392808f0a.jpg

Now we wait and see if I get a yes, a no, or a maybe so! Thank you to everyone who has shared their information here, I could not have done it without you all.
Love it! I called today and left a VM on the CR cake line. Getting it all setup for a Cali Grill delivery too!

Has anyone gotten a Food and Wine themed cake and posted it on here?

I’m going with my mother and brother for the last few days of Food and Wine and I wanted to surprise them with something. A cake seemed like a good option.

I’m not sure if I want it fall/Food and Wine themed, winter themed (my brother and I will be going to a Christmas party later in the week), or Nautical themed (we’ll be disembarking from a Transatlantic cruise and then driving straight to Disney). I’ve seen some adorable Christmas cakes while browsing through these threads, but seeing what people do with a Food and Wine cake theme might help make my decision. I’m trying to look through old threads but it’s so much to go through.

Thanks!

Thanks to @dachsie for the advice to call Contemporary private dining. They still directed me to leave another voicemail (had been trying for several weeks to get a mini cake for daughter’s birthday) but at least I knew I was in the right track. We finally got a call back this afternoon. Thank goodness. It was starting to feel ridiculous.. “Hi, it’s me.... Again.” Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread going. It was super helpful!

Has anyone gotten a Food and Wine themed cake and posted it on here?

I’m going with my mother and brother for the last few days of Food and Wine and I wanted to surprise them with something. A cake seemed like a good option.

I’m not sure if I want it fall/Food and Wine themed, winter themed (my brother and I will be going to a Christmas party later in the week), or Nautical themed (we’ll be disembarking from a Transatlantic cruise and then driving straight to Disney). I’ve seen some adorable Christmas cakes while browsing through these threads, but seeing what people do with a Food and Wine cake theme might help make my decision. I’m trying to look through old threads but it’s so much to go through.

Thanks!

I just ordered one for my DH as a surprise on his bday. I requested a 6 inch food and wine inspired cake to be delivered to our Beach Club Villa roughly two weeks ago. I finally heard back today- didn't get a pic of the design but they said they got approval to use the Food and Wine logo on the cake. I gave them a budget of $100. Cake is being delivered on Sept 29th so I will be sure to post a pic!

I just ordered one for my DH as a surprise on his bday. I requested a 6 inch food and wine inspired cake to be delivered to our Beach Club Villa roughly two weeks ago. I finally heard back today- didn't get a pic of the design but they said they got approval to use the Food and Wine logo on the cake. I gave them a budget of $100. Cake is being delivered on Sept 29th so I will be sure to post a pic!

Wow! I was also thinking a 6”, delivered to Art of Animation so I believe it’s even the same bakery. I’d love to see what they come up with! Thanks.

Good luck! I hope it turns out fabulously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter