Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I am shocked that they haven't given you a refund.

So what I have been thinking. If they have not provided the service you paid for why have they not refunded your card? And if you have email documentation they should be bending over backwards to accommodate you or refund you in my opinion. This is just not how business is done. And it's not magical at all!

That should have been done immediately, but the Ohana manager had no control over it because it was billed through 1900 PF on my card. (During the time they were trying to figure out where to find the cake, I had pulled up my CC statement on my phone, and the waiter took my phone to the manager. In the moment, finding the cake mattered...belatedly, I cringe that I gave strangers my phone with my CC account info wide open.)

The hard part has been trying to find a way to remedy the disappointment and stress, and to find a way to make sure she feels special. A birthday cake bought from Publix isn't the same, but it's what we ended up with due to this issue.

At this point, I have heard back from Pat. The white chocolate characters for the kids will be delivered to the room on Monday. It is reallocating the cost of the cake. It is not what I had originally planned. It is not a surprise for my kids, since they have had front row seats to me figuring this out. It is not a good value for the money. It won't even feel special for my daughter, it isn't even for her, or about her birthday. Nothing can bring back the moment that was supposed to happen. This was the best way I could figure out (on my own...) to keep moving forward.

Last edited:
I am so pleased with the cake we had delivered to our room at the Beach Club on Friday, October 28! This is my 10th post so I should be able to post a picture after this. It was Halloween themed and beautiful! And it was the best cake I have ever eaten. My husband couldn't stop talking about how moist and delicious the cake was. My daughter's favorite part was the peanut butter filling. It was so thick that sometimes she would just take a fork full of filling to eat! Let's see if I can post a picture now.

Does anyone know if any of the bakeries have or can use Marzipan? My twins have never had dessert at Disney that wasn't fruit or an occasional marshmallow or sorbet because of allergies. I came across something about marzipan today and realized that they can eat this because almonds are safe for them. I was thinking about seeing if along with our cake order for the rest of us, they might be able to make a few little figures or something out of Marzipan for our twins so they don't feel left out. I normally bring them a little something from home but this would be so much more exciting for them.

Just curious if anyone knows if it's something they already use in the bakeries.

Thanks!

What are there allergies?

Erin McKenna's at Downtown Disney is all Egg, Dairy, Wheat, and Peanut Free. Also a lot of the restaurants stock enjoy life (top 8 free) cookies and Chef Mickey's (and I think a few others) have gluten free brownies and allergy friendly cupcakes on hand. I have food allergies and while I'm usually offered fruit or sorbet as desert a lot of places also offer at least one other option.

What are there allergies?

Erin McKenna's at Downtown Disney is all Egg, Dairy, Wheat, and Peanut Free. Also a lot of the restaurants stock enjoy life (top 8 free) cookies and Chef Mickey's (and I think a few others) have gluten free brownies and allergy friendly cupcakes on hand. I have food allergies and while I'm usually offered fruit or sorbet as desert a lot of places also offer at least one other option.

Thanks. I'm pretty familiar with all of the alternatives. My twins can't have any grains, or even any of the alternative grains, so even gluten free is out. At home we have to bake exclusively with almond flour, coconut flour, and potato starch. They also can't have milk, egg, or soy. In addition to their known allergies there are still dozens of foods they have yet to try because every new ingredient/food has to be trialed slowly over an extended period of time.

The only other thing I've found on property for them was the little mickey head lollipops they sell in a lot of the shops.

We travel with a few of their safe treats like Swedish Fish and these raw vegan macaroons, so they always have something as an option, but a new and special treat would be vey exciting.

View attachment 205357 View attachment 205358 View attachment 205359
Here's the cake! 6" vanilla cake with peanut butter mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. I was quoted $53 for the cake and with all of the other fees had $69.11 charged to my credit card upon delivery. It was worth every penny!

That cake is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

If I want to pick up a cake at a resort food court, do I give them a time?

They will ask you when you need it by, and then you can pick it up anytime after that.

Enna now has me worried. I wanted to order a cake for December 19th for my anniversary and a dinner at 'Ohana. I have called the number and haven't heard anything back. I figure I still have time.

I'm having a bit of trouble ordering our cake through Animal Kingdom Lodge. I called the number listed in the first thread for that location. This got me to the Cake Hotline, I believe. I had no problems with the flavors or the fact that I wanted a fancy fondant cake. The trouble was that they said they can't do any sculpted characters or animals. They said I couldn't email any photos or speak directly with the pastry chef. I have seen posts where many of you email photos of your design ideas. I'm not sure what to do. He said he would put a note in for them to call me but I'm not feeling confident.

I'm trying to get a Christmas theme cake with Minnie or Mickey in the snow. If I can't get them specifically I asked for a snowman with Mickey ears. He said they can't do anything like that. :( Am I missing a step or talking to the wrong people? I'm attaching some ideas I was going to send them. Am I being too ambitious?

6a0120a5924ef0970b0147e0ad2fed970b-pi

6892d57553e0bea0194021ac0ad217cb.jpg

That's weird. AKL is more limited in what they can do than the other Deluxe pastry teams, and none of the teams are allowed to sculpt Disney characters (because it's too hard to keep them on-model). But they should be able to do animals or a snowman. I got a sculpted hippo at AKL a few years back.

I'd call the main number for Animal Kingdom Lodge (407-938-3000) and ask to speak to someone in Private Dining. Then explain that you want to work with the pastry chef on a custom cake.

That's weird. AKL is more limited in what they can do than the other Deluxe pastry teams, and none of the teams are allowed to sculpt Disney characters (because it's too hard to keep them on-model). But they should be able to do animals or a snowman. I got a sculpted hippo at AKL a few years back.

I'd call the main number for Animal Kingdom Lodge (407-938-3000) and ask to speak to someone in Private Dining. Then explain that you want to work with the pastry chef on a custom cake.

Thank you! I will give that a try tomorrow. I'm wondering if I might have better luck asking for a Christmas themed safari cake. Leave the Mickey and Minnie out if the equation and ask for zebras or giraffes with Santa hats and maybe a Christmas tree?

Thank you! I will give that a try tomorrow. I'm wondering if I might have better luck asking for a Christmas themed safari cake. Leave the Mickey and Minnie out if the equation and ask for zebras or giraffes with Santa hats and maybe a Christmas tree?

Yes! That sounds like a theme they can run with!

At animal kingdom kidani village right now. Thank to the inspiration of this thread had a cake delivered to our room for the first night of my sister's bachelorette party. Asked for safari theme with safari Minnie and giraffes on the cake in some way. When I get the chance I'll try to figure out how to post the pics

I'm still working on my Christmas safari theme cake at AKL. It's like pulling teeth! I called and talked with Private Dining and they keep telling me about the standard cakes. She was very nice but kept insisting that they don't want to do any sculpting or deviations from the one flat printed Christmas theme they had. She also said that they aren't allowed to let us speak with the pastry chef one-on-one. I explained that I wanted a custom fondant cake with a budget of $115. We went around a few times and she said that she would talk to the pastry chef to see what can be done to have animal figures, Christmas tree, etc. So, fingers crossed.

I'm looking for pictures of Valentine's Day cakes - I searched the other threads and came up empty. Have any of you seen anything Valentine's Day related?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!